Tri Glide, RG3 & Freewheeler Models Freewheeler, RG3 & Tri Glide Enthusiasts. Here is your section of the forum to discuss Harley's Trikes!

What did you do to Your Tri-Glide Today?

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2016, 07:19 PM
Fearless (old nickname)
Road Master
Received 115 Likes on 103 Posts

Originally Posted by DK Custom
Used some 303 Speed Detailer to get it cleaned up!
Good stuff Kevin Old Shiney gets it often Gotta watch the black wrinkle on motor though. If we could just find someone to buy a M8 trike and work on it for a project just sayin. ride safely Fred

Old 09-23-2016, 06:31 AM
scuba1954
Cruiser
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

A friend just bought a 17 tri glide a couple weeks ago, he might be willing to volunteer his trike.

The following users liked this post:
Fearless (old nickname) (09-23-2016)
Old 09-24-2016, 12:28 PM
TriGeezer
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 29,256 Likes on 11,140 Posts

I finally got around to buying and installing Progressive rear shocks:

- I bought the Progressive 444 (non air) heavy duty shocks (444-4073B) from JP Cycles. They shipped within 24 hours of me ordering on line.

- I previously installed the Progressive fork springs...and loved the improvement. At the time I ordered, Progressjve no longer offered the Mono cartridge for the TriGlide.

- I had previously I stalked the TriGlide Stuff rear lift kit. I was happy with the improved look...but.,,no matter what I did I could not get the new progressive shocks installed on the TriGlide Stuff lift brackets. So, I re- installed the OEM Shock brackets, and then the install was a breeze. I did have to use a hydraulic jack on the front of the bracket (with the center bolt installed slightly Loose, and the shock installed on the bracket) to get the hole to line up.

- I installed the shocks with the adjustment **** on the bottom, as advised in the Progressive instructions,

- Although the service manual advises to remove the rear body, based upon feedback on another thread I started I didnt do that. Accessing to remove and install the upper bolt was the easiest part of the install, and didn't take much force to remove.

- I cleaned all the bolts and threads with thread restorers I bought on Amazon. This was really necessary after I had to remove all the bolts I had installed with Red Permatex. Man that stuff is tight.

- the new shocks provide a rear lift that actually seems slightly more than the OEM shocks with the TriGlide Stuff lifts.

- I did three lines of preload. Actually just at the third line.

- I haven't test rode it yet...but looking forward to the test as soon as I finish my coffee and walk the dog

Edit: some very useful info from another thread:

Originally Posted by TheBobs
Folks if you order the 444-4073, you will get shocks that are too long for any lift. IF YOU HAVE A LIFT, TGLIDESTUFF OR DK, GET 444-4020. I just put a set on and they went on super easy. Buyer be warned and beware! Good luck!!!!!!!

Last edited by TriGeezer; 09-24-2016 at 12:31 PM.
Old 09-25-2016, 06:04 AM
MCHOGG
Road Captain
Received 36 Likes on 33 Posts

I changed out my windshield to a Long Ride Shield 9" Flat Top, really like the new windshield.
The stock windshield had cracked where the dealer installed the Bar and Shield trim.

Old 09-25-2016, 08:33 AM
MikeyTX
Outstanding HDF Member

Received 197 Likes on 167 Posts

Nothing ...............

Old 09-25-2016, 07:24 PM
captbob
Tourer
Received 79 Likes on 59 Posts

I put $8.92 worth of premium gas into it after riding close to the coast at Oklocknee State Park here in North Florida. Hung out on a dock on the river and dangled my bare feet into the tannin-colored water and watched mullet (fish) jumping out of the water with something chasing them. There was only one car around but the people I think were out watching birds somewhere else. Watched three deer (mother, 1 year old and a speckled fawn) eating grass near where I was. Best $9.00 I think I could spend on my TGU and get about 112 miles of beautiful/scenic country and coastal roads for the afternoon. Came home and used some Meguire's instant detailer and cleaned it up for the next adventure.

Old 09-25-2016, 07:54 PM
MikeyTX
Outstanding HDF Member

^^^ Which has now been declared a superfund site since ya stuck yer feet in the water. No wonder the fish were trying to jump out of it ............

captbob (09-26-2016)
Old 09-25-2016, 07:59 PM
Fearless (old nickname)
Road Master
Default Our first bike show

This is one Well kept FLH Peoples Choice 2016 ALF

I cleaned up old shiney even behind the front rotors, a little blood spilled but that is another story. I had the honor of being placed beside an old friend and his 1956 FLH all original and I mean this old Harley has not even had to have the clutch replaced. The windshield is a little yellow grips looked a little sticky and the block showed it's age. It still runs great TLC for years. My friend is 82 years old and he still kicks the FLH, to life when he occasionally rides it.
As I have learned this was to be the last time He was to enter a show with his beloved FLH. And my friend Gene and his FLH was awarded the Peoples Choice Award a fitting end to his career showing his Beautiful old FLH at this years ALF Autorama Bike show.

I did meet a great group of people we talked bikes vs trikes. Older riders were very interested as were there passengers.

Last edited by Fearless (old nickname); 09-25-2016 at 08:08 PM.
5x40 (09-26-2016)
Old 09-25-2016, 08:18 PM
MikeyTX
Outstanding HDF Member

Hopefully, some smart dealer buys it from him once he gives up riding. I would hate to see some troll scavenge it for parts

Old 09-26-2016, 06:36 AM
Fearless (old nickname)
Road Master
Default Never happen

Originally Posted by MikeyTX
Hopefully, some smart dealer buys it from him once he gives up riding. I would hate to see some troll scavenge it for parts

That Old FLH will never be parted out part of the family and I even am on the extended emergency list. It is in good hands with the family. fred

Quick Reply: What did you do to Your Tri-Glide Today?