Tri Glide, RG3 & Freewheeler Models Freewheeler, RG3 & Tri Glide Enthusiasts. Here is your section of the forum to discuss Harley's Trikes!

What did you do to Your Tri-Glide Today?

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2015, 09:15 PM
FuzzyWuzHe
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jlgale
Headlight and Passing lamps are now all TL LeD's, add Halo headlight trim, BAL 1 for taillights, put led bulbs in tourpac. Now to try and put on floorboard extensions. So proud of myself for doing all of it myself. I am very wrenching challenged!
Congrats ... keep up the good work ... you'll learn more about your ride and save some money too

Old 03-31-2015, 11:24 PM
Oogie Wa Wa
Road Master
Received 388 Likes on 254 Posts

Got the lower half of our wine-colored helmets prepped, masked and painted to match the lower half of the trike.

The wine helmets are HJC IS-33s, and they are fairly close to Mysterious Red; only a few people could tell they were different.

I used a ridge on the helmets to follow.

Rather than find a paint to match the Burnt Ceyenne (HD wanted $$$ and I only needed a tiny bit), I tried something different; I used Rustoleum's Translucent Black lens tint; so it looks mostly black with a hint of the red showing through. We'll see how it looks in the sunlight.

Next is to pinstripe it to match. The HD stuff is painted, but I think I can find striping tape to match close enough; if not, well, the local dealer can get me touch up bottles (for more $$$) or I'll try to match it with something else. I'll mask that, too, no way do I want to learn hand striping just for this.

Last edited by Oogie Wa Wa; 03-31-2015 at 11:59 PM. Reason: Added pic.
Old 04-01-2015, 11:29 PM
bigfish_Oh
Road Warrior
Received 64 Likes on 41 Posts
Default I finally rode it

We bought it Nov 1 and it went to free lifetime winter storage. One service was agreed upon. I didn't remind them to do it a week earlier, so we all know I'll be going back to have the ECM flashed so the spots will stay on with the high beams.
Good thing I ask if it had a tool kit, they went and got me one, now I have to see if it is the right one.
I didn't remember buying it with 56 miles either.
At some point someone told me (I asked) it would full of fuel. I saw low fuel warning before getting off the property.
In said I have one question before I go, show me the correct operation of reverse(I forgot what I read, never rode it). He got on and reverse was out, no go. 2nd man came out and pulled side cover(wrong side) 3rd man new what side and flipped switch in and reset breaker ?(after a few minutes) does switch swing out plus breaker? I'm curious how long it will take me to kick the breaker, someone that has zero experience ever working at a HD dealer or riding a trike.
I'll be checking all my fluid levels and air pressures also, rode hard/rough.
I'll wait a while longer to fill out my survey.

Old 04-02-2015, 08:49 AM
GARY DYER
Elite HDF Member

Received 689 Likes on 412 Posts

I just bought another Hyper-Lite brake system (I love it). I installed 2 of them on my last 2 bikes. Not hard to do - even I could do it.
But I'm a little concerned with the new Rushmore wiring. I'm going to see what the dealer will charge me for them to do it - let them make the mistake. Is the wiring that much different then previous years? I have a 2014 TriGlide.

Has anyone installed one on their 2014/2015 Ultra/Limited/TriGlide???

Old 04-02-2015, 12:50 PM
Oogie Wa Wa
Road Master

GARY DYER, I'd also like to find out about the HyperLights on the back of a Tri. I had them on my '05 R1200RT and they were great; very attention-getting.

Old 04-02-2015, 01:03 PM
TriGeezer
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 29,274 Likes on 11,144 Posts

Getting ready to install the a Jagg 10 row oil cooler with fans. But, I want to hook up the fans to the accessory plug rather than the thermostat Jagg provides...just my preference.

But, I can't find the dang accessory plug. I pulled the seat, swung the ECM out of the way, removed the upper tray. Then rooted around the front area around the battery where it is supposed to be. But, after about 1 hour I could not find the dang thing!

Anybody know what the secret is to finding it?

Old 04-02-2015, 02:07 PM
Oogie Wa Wa
Road Master

Hidden in plain sight; it's under the left side panel at the bottom, right below the com port plug; the charging cable does a loop around them. The HD website has the connectors you need to use it; either just direct power, or switched power via the dash panel (includes switches for the left side). Search around for threads on how to hook them up, quite a few in the Touring section about it.

#7. Why they say Auxiliary Device instead of accessories, well, I dunno.

Old 04-02-2015, 02:53 PM
FuzzyWuzHe
Road Captain

Well today I had my buddy over to help me move the axel on the trailer I'm modifying to hold the Tri ... it went so easy we had lots of time left (plan was to take him to lunch as a thanks for his help). Anyway ... with time left I asked if he would help get the Tri on jack stands so I could be proactive and clear coat my rear wheels. So that's what we did.

After the trike was on the jack stands we went to lunch and I took him home. I then got some paint, tape and alcohol. The wheels looked really good, I just did an alcohol cleaning, then a cleaning with 50/50 alcohol and water, then just water. I did a quick wipe with a tach cloth and away I went. Four thin coats allowing 30 minutes to dry in between. Thanks Keven of DK for the idea. I originally pulled the center hub thing, but decided what the heck ... coat it too.

While it's up on the jacks, I pulled the rear brake pads and did a light wire brush to them, there was still some of the black anodize on the pads from the rotors ... put them back in. Next I retorqued the mounting bolts for the lift and shocks. Couldn't hurt, and they were at spec.

In the morning, I'll put the centers back on, put the wheels back on, lower it down and torq the lugs. And I'll be off for a ride ... 50-100 miles, come back and retorq lugs and check it off the list of todos.

The pic is before I did any cleaning. Like I said ... I'm doing this to be proactive and to make future cleaning easier.

Attached Thumbnails What did you do to Your Tri-Glide Today?-wheel.jpg  
Old 04-02-2015, 02:54 PM
FuzzyWuzHe
Road Captain

Well today I had my buddy over to help me move the axel on the trailer I'm modifying to hold the Tri ... it went so easy we had lots of time left (plan was to take him to lunch as a thanks for his help). Anyway ... with time left I asked if he would help get the Tri on jack stands so I could be proactive and clear coat my rear wheels. So that's what we did.

After the trike was on the jack stands we went to lunch and I took him home. I then got some paint, tape and alcohol. The wheels looked really good, I just did an alcohol cleaning, then a cleaning with 50/50 alcohol and water, then just water. I did a quick wipe with a tach cloth and away I went. Four thin coats allowing 30 minutes to dry in between. Thanks Keven of DK for the idea. I originally pulled the center hub thing, but decided what the heck ... coat it too.

While it's up on the jacks, I pulled the rear brake pads and did a light wire brush to them, there was still some of the black anodize on the pads from the rotors ... put them back in. Next I retorqued the mounting bolts for the lift and shocks. Couldn't hurt, and they were at spec.

In the morning, I'll put the centers back on, put the wheels back on, lower it down and torq the lugs. And I'll be off for a ride ... 50-100 miles, come back and retorq lugs and check it off the list of todos.

The pic is before I did any cleaning. Like I said ... I'm doing this to be proactive and to make future cleaning easier.

Old 04-02-2015, 02:56 PM
FuzzyWuzHe
Road Captain

Forgot the pic

Attached Thumbnails What did you do to Your Tri-Glide Today?-wheel.jpg  

Quick Reply: What did you do to Your Tri-Glide Today?