Tri Glide, RG3 & Freewheeler Models Freewheeler, RG3 & Tri Glide Enthusiasts. Here is your section of the forum to discuss Harley's Trikes!

What did you do to Your Tri-Glide Today?

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2024, 07:06 PM
BouseBill
Road Master

Received 1,251 Likes on 545 Posts
Default Worked the DK Custom oil cooler and Sedici cooling vests

Warmest day so far this spring, We ordered the Sedici "cool vests" from Rezvilla and figured today would be a good day to test them and all the mods we've done to the Tri-Glide.
I soaked the vests in the kitchen sink making sure they were completely soaked, dried the inside per the instructions donned the vest, our mesh jackets, helmets and off we went. The temperature leaving the house was 97 degrees.
I didn't have the foresight to have the wife take any pictures on the first 30 mile leg of the test, we rode to the Mobil station in Salome, took a picture of the oil dip stick and was surprised to see the oil temp was at the "normal" operating temp of 230.

We filled up the trike, had two scoops of ice cream each

Yeah, happy wife

For our ride home we went a slightly different route adding another 10 miles, this route has a 65mph speed limit, I had the wife take a picture of the max engine temp:

So, even with all the mods, the engine temp at 65mph still went to what I would think is on the high side??????(291), by now the outside air temp was 99.5 degrees (we did not make 100 today LOL)according to the trike, I pulled over and took another picture of the oil temp: Same as before right at 230 degrees. The intake air temp according to the FP-3 was 147 degrees.
OK,how did the "cooling" vest go? after riding for about 1.5 hours, the front of my vest was dry, the wife's was still damp front and back and we were both comfortable at near 100 degrees. for $50 each I think the vests will work out this summer, We're planning on a 3.5K mile road trip starting in July,(Bearthooth highway) where we won't need the vests LOL but getting there is a different story.
Not your normal "What did you do to your Tri-Glide today" but thought it might be informative.

Last edited by BouseBill; 04-21-2024 at 07:08 PM.
The following 4 users liked this post by BouseBill:
5wheels (Yesterday), gtrb (Yesterday), pappy42 (04-21-2024), TOHOG (Yesterday)
Old Yesterday, 09:15 AM
DK Custom
Platinum Sponsor
Received 3,939 Likes on 2,294 Posts

Originally Posted by BouseBill
Warmest day so far this spring, We ordered the Sedici "cool vests" from Rezvilla and figured today would be a good day to test them and all the mods we've done to the Tri-Glide.
I soaked the vests in the kitchen sink making sure they were completely soaked, dried the inside per the instructions donned the vest, our mesh jackets, helmets and off we went. The temperature leaving the house was 97 degrees.
I didn't have the foresight to have the wife take any pictures on the first 30 mile leg of the test, we rode to the Mobil station in Salome, took a picture of the oil dip stick and was surprised to see the oil temp was at the "normal" operating temp of 230.

We filled up the trike, had two scoops of ice cream each

Yeah, happy wife

For our ride home we went a slightly different route adding another 10 miles, this route has a 65mph speed limit, I had the wife take a picture of the max engine temp:

So, even with all the mods, the engine temp at 65mph still went to what I would think is on the high side??????(291), by now the outside air temp was 99.5 degrees (we did not make 100 today LOL)according to the trike, I pulled over and took another picture of the oil temp: Same as before right at 230 degrees. The intake air temp according to the FP-3 was 147 degrees.
OK,how did the "cooling" vest go? after riding for about 1.5 hours, the front of my vest was dry, the wife's was still damp front and back and we were both comfortable at near 100 degrees. for $50 each I think the vests will work out this summer, We're planning on a 3.5K mile road trip starting in July,(Bearthooth highway) where we won't need the vests LOL but getting there is a different story.
Not your normal "What did you do to your Tri-Glide today" but thought it might be informative.
Sounds like a fun ride!

Great to see your oil temps are staying in the optimum range, even on such a warm day.

Given that, I would begin suspecting either a faulty temp sensor, possibly a small amount of sumping, possibly the need for a leakdown test. Something is awry that the oil temp is in the good range but the ET is not.

DKCustomProducts.com
Call/Text: 662-252-8828
Email: Support@DKCustomProducts.com

Old Yesterday, 10:50 AM
ShovelEd
Club Member
Received 39,137 Likes on 10,217 Posts

Called HD Operations, and with the assistance of a VERY cheerful, and helpful customer Rep, got the transfer of ESP warranty on the 2013 TG completed and approved.
For $25.00, Good for another year.

The following 3 users liked this post by ShovelEd:
DK Custom (Yesterday), Notgrownup (Yesterday), pappy42 (Yesterday)