Tri Glide, RG3 & Freewheeler Models Freewheeler, RG3 & Tri Glide Enthusiasts. Here is your section of the forum to discuss Harley's Trikes!

Tri-Glide Issues-2014 Trikes And Newer Rushmore Trikes

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2014, 11:46 PM
Bucket list Trike
Cruiser
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Reverse tripped after delivery

Just realized my reverse is not operating. Found the breaker tripped. I never tried reverse. I think it happened when they delivered whedn they tried to pull it off of the trailer. Need to try more often and see if it is working ok or a weak breaker, etc. Also noticed the Trike pulled to the right when hitting the rear brake. Only noticed one time. I need to put some miles on the Trike. Just got done with the motorcycle safety training. After 35 years of not riding it took the second day of training for me to get comfortable on the 150 cc motorcycle. Felt good after I got familiar with the controls. It seems like I have people coming over , people calling or appointments with doctors or other stuff comes ujp every time I want to take the trike for a ride. Going to tell my wife Im going for a ride by myself. Will be out of touch for the entire day. Need time on the Trike to get out the cow webs off my bones and wear in the Trike.

The following users liked this post:
Gbertg (09-06-2022)
Old 03-14-2014, 05:36 AM
piney
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

my 14 has only had one issue so far, that being a small leak on the thermostat, dealer replaced it and added some silicone around the joint on it, so far so good. still learning how to operate infotainment system.

Old 03-17-2014, 09:40 AM
sarge205
Intermediate
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default newby

well I just pulled the trigger on a 2014 Tri Glide. I've been riding a 2006 Street Glide and absolutely loved it. Wife is not able to ride her own anymore so if I want to take her along it was either have her in the cage or get a trike. I opted for the trike. Will take delivery next week on a big blue pearl and vivid black 2014. Anything I absolutely need to know?

Old 03-17-2014, 10:32 AM
Postal Trucker
Cruiser
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Sarge welcome to the Trike forum. There is a wealth of information on here. It is different than riding 2 wheels, but give it time and you will learn to really enjoy the trike (especially when caught in traffic).

Old 03-17-2014, 02:15 PM
sarge205
Intermediate
Default accessorizing

suggestions on vendors for accessories beyond the Harley site? gonna want a rear bumper or trunk guard, and some highway pegs to start with.

The following users liked this post:
Ronald Odett (01-15-2022)
Old 03-17-2014, 04:27 PM
piney
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sarge, the only trunk guard I have seen is H-D's, its a good strong one. Kuryakyn is making a lot of trike goodies . be sure to check the vender directory. good luck

Old 03-19-2014, 01:13 PM
MontanaTrikers
Intermediate
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

just traded our 13 for the new 14, took a test ride and both my wife and myself were real pleased with it. we'll pick it up next time in off the truck and most the snow and ice should be gone. give the dealer plenty of time to swap all my goodies over too. looking forward to a fun summer.

Old 03-19-2014, 09:00 PM
TwinCooled
Banned
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by MontanaTrikers
just traded our 13 for the new 14, took a test ride and both my wife and myself were real pleased with it. we'll pick it up next time in off the truck and most the snow and ice should be gone. give the dealer plenty of time to swap all my goodies over too. looking forward to a fun summer.
Congrats on your new ride! I think you will be happy you traded up. Don't forget to post some pics in the regular TriGlide forum when you get it.

Old 03-21-2014, 07:23 PM
sarge205
Intermediate

My buddy just bought a brand new one. tried to use reverse with the parking brake on and blew the breaker. reset it and all is well.

Old 03-24-2014, 07:06 PM
Raxus
Road Warrior
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Having trouble with my left paddle. It will not fast forward to next song. It will turn up or down the volume just not fast forward to next song on my ipod.

Rax

Quick Reply: Tri-Glide Issues-2014 Trikes And Newer Rushmore Trikes