Tri Glide, RG3 & Freewheeler Models Freewheeler, RG3 & Tri Glide Enthusiasts. Here is your section of the forum to discuss Harley's Trikes!

Tri-Glide Issues-2014 Trikes And Newer Rushmore Trikes

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2015, 09:44 AM
Willie.M
Stage I
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I changed to a Tri Glide when they came into the UK back in April and have had no issues. Fitted a stage one kit and ride fairly hard with absolutely no coolant issues. Over 3000 miles on the clock.

Old 01-10-2015, 10:30 PM
one_roadking
4th Gear

Did you use the adapter for the Trickle charger to make it work with Gerbing heated wear? Just bought a 14 and ordered the adapter to try it without adding more wires! Thanks

Old 01-10-2015, 11:07 PM
j79phan
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by one_roadking
Did you use the adapter for the Trickle charger to make it work with Gerbing heated wear? Just bought a 14 and ordered the adapter to try it without adding more wires! Thanks
Check the fuse size for the charger cord.

Old 03-22-2015, 09:44 AM
Rick Tessandori
Novice
Default Tour Pak Relocator

How do you disconnect this ? Been pushing the tab. Their a trick to it ?

Attached Thumbnails Tri-Glide Issues-2014 Trikes And Newer Rushmore Trikes-connector.jpg  
Old 03-23-2015, 06:42 AM
Postal Trucker
Cruiser
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Rick Tessandori
How do you disconnect this ? Been pushing the tab. Their a trick to it ?
Rick, that one is a pain for sure. Just push down on the tab in the middle and pull the silver end. It is an antenna connection and not sure why they designed it that way.

Old 03-29-2015, 12:56 PM
jcooper56
2nd Gear

I have 2015 tri-glide now and have problems with the brakes pulsing when you use the rear brake peddle. The brakes are linked on the 2014 and 2015 Tri-glides. had a 2014 had no problems with brakes on it. Harley did come out with a New rear master cylinder recall but how do get them to make sure they check the rotors to make sure they are not warped. just wanted to see if any one has issues with this. thanks

Old 03-30-2015, 08:24 PM
Packers-FLSTC
Intermediate
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Smile

Originally Posted by hambone51
Planning on pulling the trigger on a Project Rushmore trike, but cannot do it until I feel comfortable HD has solved the coolant puking issue. What`s the latest? Anyone with `14 having problems? Can wait for a `15.
I have a 2014 with about 2600 miles on it. The only problem I had was that the button for the trunk popped out. I love it and I'm having trouble getting my wife off of it. She was never a fan of my bikes, but she is in love with this Tri-glide. No coolant issues at all [Murphy's law says that I'll have trouble now that I said that.]

Old 04-18-2015, 10:02 AM
rung
Novice
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi my name is Rich. I purchased a 2014 last yearr and then had to have a cancer operation, I am doing a lot better now. It has been almost a year and the doc thinks i am doing good. I have started to get out on my trike now that the weather is getting nice. I am getting use to switching from 2 wheels to 3 wheels. My question is i am still have some issues with making turns with the bike. I seem to be getting better making the turns, but sometimes i end up going straight rather than making the turn. Any advice on how to improve my turns would be very much appreciated
Thanks
Rung

Old 04-18-2015, 11:35 AM
Mr.Softy
Grand HDF Member

Received 1,199 Likes on 711 Posts

Originally Posted by rung
Hi my name is Rich. I purchased a 2014 last yearr and then had to have a cancer operation, I am doing a lot better now. It has been almost a year and the doc thinks i am doing good. I have started to get out on my trike now that the weather is getting nice. I am getting use to switching from 2 wheels to 3 wheels. My question is i am still have some issues with making turns with the bike. I seem to be getting better making the turns, but sometimes i end up going straight rather than making the turn. Any advice on how to improve my turns would be very much appreciated
Thanks
Rung

Practice, Practice, Practice as they use to tell me. If you can find an empty parking lot perhaps a church lot during the week go there and practice. You sure don't want to be out in traffic and not be able to make a turn you need to make.
Glad you are doing better and feel like riding again. Practicing might seem boring but it can save your life in the long run. While your practicing turns try some emergency stops. Everything you do will help you.
Are you comfortable with the ergonomics of the trike when sitting still? Maybe some adjustments are needed if not. Good luck and let us hear back from you as you progress.

Old 04-18-2015, 07:38 PM
Fearless (old nickname)
Road Master
Received 115 Likes on 103 Posts
Wink Practice

Turning the handle bars is different it takes a little while but you will pick it up fast more miles more smiles.
I did not ride for forty years and it took me a while till I would take my bride with me practice and a few miles Ride safely fearless

Quick Reply: Tri-Glide Issues-2014 Trikes And Newer Rushmore Trikes