Tri Glide, RG3 & Freewheeler Models Freewheeler, RG3 & Tri Glide Enthusiasts. Here is your section of the forum to discuss Harley's Trikes!

dk Comfort Lift

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2014, 10:29 AM
mohd rider
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Got to keep the wife happy. The lift made mine happy too

Old 05-19-2014, 10:13 PM
DK Custom
Platinum Sponsor
Received 3,940 Likes on 2,295 Posts

Originally Posted by Flintshooter54
Kevin Got the lift kit on yesterday. Took about 3 hrs and at least half that time was the exhaust. It did hit the V&H pipes. Had to slot the mounting bracket holes in the V&H support bracket.This gave us 3/8" of an inch and loosening the exhaust clamps and twisting swearing and pulling was able to adjust the Z pipe enough on both sides to have 1/8 clearance once everything was back in place and the rear axle hanging in the air. In other words shocks fully extended. Once the weight of the trike was back on the rear wheels the clearance opened up to about 1/2" with no rider. I think we are good! So the test ride is today. Then re torque the rear wheels. Trike can now turn in the driveway at a full 90 deg to the road and not drag the pipes! Wife is happy camper!!
Good to hear! Glad to see you're re-torquing the rear wheels.

Originally Posted by mohd rider
Got to keep the wife happy. The lift made mine happy too
Yep, always a good idea.

DKCustomProducts.com
Call/Text: 662-252-8828
Email: Support@DKCustomProducts.com

Old 02-15-2017, 11:29 AM
laabdog
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a 2016 tri glide. Looking to purchase the comfort lift kit. I have stock exhaust with Vance and Hines slip ons will I have to buy anything else to make the lift kit work.

Old 02-15-2017, 12:12 PM
rchays57
Advanced
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Blue locktite for the bolts is all. Enjoy the ride.

Old 02-18-2017, 05:53 PM
RoadRunner13
Intermediate
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

I had 600 miles on my 2017 Tri-Glide before installing the DK Comfort Lift Kit. The main purpose of the installation was to raise the rear of the trike. The front tire, rear tires and shock pressures were kept the same (38psi, 28psi & 25psi respectively) before and after the install. Now that I’ve ridden more than 100 miles with the lift kit, the road bumps seem surprisingly subdued plus my lower back muscles are more relaxed after 100 miles of travel. Before installing the kit I had considered purchasing another windshield since my line of vision was just over the top of the windshield and now I’ve gained an extra inch or so to my line of sight without any noticeable change in wind resistance with/without the use of the windshield vent. The bike tracks straight and is easier to navigate through roundabouts. I also tried rapid braking (no lockups) at 20mph, 40mph and 60 mph and the Tri-Glide continued to track straight. Last but not least, any questions I e-mailed DK Custom Products concerning the install were answered in a very timely manner – Excellent customer service. I’m a happy camper!

The following users liked this post:
DK Custom (02-18-2017)
Old 02-18-2017, 06:59 PM
DK Custom
Platinum Sponsor

Originally Posted by laabdog
I have a 2016 tri glide. Looking to purchase the comfort lift kit. I have stock exhaust with Vance and Hines slip ons will I have to buy anything else to make the lift kit work.
Originally Posted by rchays57
Blue locktite for the bolts is all. Enjoy the ride.

You will also need to be able to lift up the rear of the trike and support it.

Please feel free to email us and we can email you back a copy of the instructions so you can see them.

Originally Posted by RoadRunner13
I had 600 miles on my 2017 Tri-Glide before installing the DK Comfort Lift Kit. The main purpose of the installation was to raise the rear of the trike. The front tire, rear tires and shock pressures were kept the same (38psi, 28psi & 25psi respectively) before and after the install. Now that I’ve ridden more than 100 miles with the lift kit, the road bumps seem surprisingly subdued plus my lower back muscles are more relaxed after 100 miles of travel. Before installing the kit I had considered purchasing another windshield since my line of vision was just over the top of the windshield and now I’ve gained an extra inch or so to my line of sight without any noticeable change in wind resistance with/without the use of the windshield vent. The bike tracks straight and is easier to navigate through roundabouts. I also tried rapid braking (no lockups) at 20mph, 40mph and 60 mph and the Tri-Glide continued to track straight. Last but not least, any questions I e-mailed DK Custom Products concerning the install were answered in a very timely manner – Excellent customer service. I’m a happy camper!
That is great to hear about your lower back!

Thanks for the kind words!

Old 02-25-2017, 10:49 AM
LS Bob
Road Warrior
Received 175 Likes on 125 Posts

I am considering getting the lift kit and wondering what effect it has on headlight alignment? If it changes the angles as people describe, wouldn't the headlight aim need to be adjusted up?

Old 02-25-2017, 01:12 PM
DK Custom
Platinum Sponsor

Originally Posted by LS Bob
I am considering getting the lift kit and wondering what effect it has on headlight alignment? If it changes the angles as people describe, wouldn't the headlight aim need to be adjusted up?
Yes, it does affect headlight angle, so it needs to be adjusted. It is a pretty simple process, and is included in the instructions.

Feel free to write us at Support@DKCustomProducts.com and we'll email you a copy of the instructions.