Tri Glide, RG3 & Freewheeler Models Freewheeler, RG3 & Tri Glide Enthusiasts. Here is your section of the forum to discuss Harley's Trikes!

dk Comfort Lift

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2014, 08:41 AM
mohd rider
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default dk Comfort Lift

Just installed the DK Comfort Lift on my 14 tri glide. After about 50 miles last night My Olady says its great she loved it

Old 05-10-2014, 07:52 PM
DK Custom
Platinum Sponsor
Received 3,940 Likes on 2,295 Posts

Originally Posted by mohd rider
Just installed the DK Comfort Lift on my 14 tri glide. After about 50 miles last night My Olady says its great she loved it
Cool! Always great to hear how folks are happy with our products.

DKCustomProducts.com
Call/Text: 662-252-8828
Email: Support@DKCustomProducts.com

Old 05-11-2014, 07:36 AM
cochon
Road Warrior
Received 43 Likes on 32 Posts

I don't think that I've ever heard a negative comment from anyone who has put a lift kit on their trike. After you leveled out the trike did you also level out the TourPack?

Old 05-11-2014, 09:00 AM
Flintshooter54
Road Captain
Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Going to try to get the lift on the wife's bike today.Only reservations is she has V&H exhaust. I hear that sometimes the swing arm hits the cross pipe. For those that had this problem, did you modify the pipe of have someone build a new cross pipe?

Old 05-11-2014, 10:24 AM
DK Custom
Platinum Sponsor
Received 3,940 Likes on 2,295 Posts

Originally Posted by Flintshooter54
Going to try to get the lift on the wife's bike today.Only reservations is she has V&H exhaust. I hear that sometimes the swing arm hits the cross pipe. For those that had this problem, did you modify the pipe of have someone build a new cross pipe?
The only issue we have ever heard of was with the Z pipes (right before the slip-ons) needs to be adjusted on some aftermarket pipes to allow clearance of the swingarm. The crossover pipe is in front or the swingarm and does not have any issue.

Old 05-11-2014, 02:54 PM
Flintshooter54
Road Captain

Thanks Kevin, Heading out there now.
Thanks
Jeff

Old 05-12-2014, 01:05 AM
msocko3
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 138 Likes on 120 Posts

Originally Posted by cochon
I don't think that I've ever heard a negative comment from anyone who has put a lift kit on their trike. After you leveled out the trike did you also level out the TourPack?

On the 2010 I had I leveled the tour-pak. I used the railes from tGlidestuff http://www.tglidestuff.com/TourBoxLift.html. Great workmanship and they made the trike look better without the tilted tour-pak.

Old 05-12-2014, 07:32 AM
cochon
Road Warrior
Received 43 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by msocko3
On the 2010 I had I leveled the tour-pak. I used the railes from tGlidestuff http://www.tglidestuff.com/TourBoxLift.html. Great workmanship and they made the trike look better without the tilted tour-pak.
I made my own rails out of aluminum bar stock, and then I had them powder coated. After I did the lift kit, the tourpack just didn't look right. So, I knew that I had to shim it up to make it look level again. While I didn't buy the rails, I would recommend that the average guy ( who doesn't have access to a milling machine) buy a set from either DK or tglidestuff. I hear that they both have a very well made product that is easy to install.

Old 05-12-2014, 09:07 AM
ZD
Road Master
Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by DK Custom
The only issue we have ever heard of was with the Z pipes (right before the slip-ons) needs to be adjusted on some aftermarket pipes to allow clearance of the swingarm. The crossover pipe is in front or the swingarm and does not have any issue.
I helped a friend with a 2012 install as set of your lifts, and we did indeed have some trouble with the pipe interference on the right side. The swing arm wouldn't drop enough to install the lift due to the pipe. The entire exhaust appear to be aftermarket - V&H, but my friend bought the bike used so I'm not sure which system it is.

What we did was simply have one of the girls sit on the bike, and we jacked up the rear end a half to 3/4 inch or so in order to align the last bolt hole. Once everything was torqued and the bike set back on its own weight, the interference wasn't an issue. We might have been able to make some minor adjustments to the pipes, but I didn't see any way to avoid the installation interference.

Old 05-18-2014, 06:16 AM
Flintshooter54
Road Captain

Kevin Got the lift kit on yesterday. Took about 3 hrs and at least half that time was the exhaust. It did hit the V&H pipes. Had to slot the mounting bracket holes in the V&H support bracket.This gave us 3/8" of an inch and loosening the exhaust clamps and twisting swearing and pulling was able to adjust the Z pipe enough on both sides to have 1/8 clearance once everything was back in place and the rear axle hanging in the air. In other words shocks fully extended. Once the weight of the trike was back on the rear wheels the clearance opened up to about 1/2" with no rider. I think we are good! So the test ride is today. Then re torque the rear wheels. Trike can now turn in the driveway at a full 90 deg to the road and not drag the pipes! Wife is happy camper!!

Quick Reply: dk Comfort Lift