Tri Glide, RG3 & Freewheeler Models Freewheeler, RG3 & Tri Glide Enthusiasts. Here is your section of the forum to discuss Harley's Trikes!

Harley brand tri-glide fender bra instafll.

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2014, 07:44 PM
rick1201
Cruiser
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Harley brand tri-glide fender bra instafll.

Kind of thinking of going with a fender bra for my 11 TG. Was wondering how the install is done with the HD bra. Can anyone advise how the bra attaches to the fender? Didnt really want to drill holes for snaps or anything. Thanks for any information.

Rick

Old 06-24-2014, 09:35 PM
PIGGI
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

No drilling required. Pockets grab the front corners and the rear is fitted UNDER the taillight. Have them on for almost two years now.

Old 06-25-2014, 04:54 AM
Namvet1966
Intermediate

Do you have to completely remove the tail light for the install?

Old 06-25-2014, 08:30 AM
PIGGI
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Namvet1966
Do you have to completely remove the tail light for the install?
Yup. two screws in the lens and one large for the base.

Old 06-25-2014, 11:17 AM
1st 96 ultra
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

But to remove for cleaning you can just unhook the front and lift it up , piece of cake

Old 06-25-2014, 03:24 PM
screwball
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 100 Likes on 65 Posts

We installed fender bras and faring bra on Vesta's trike when we bought it. We do a lot of traveling on the scoot, and water from rain got under both. That with the dust/dirt that can accumulate from long rides can dull the surface of the paint. We took them off after a month. If you are going to use the trike as a 'bar hopper' there may not be any concern.

Happy riding.

Old 06-25-2014, 11:40 PM
TwinCooled
Banned
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by screwball
We installed fender bras and faring bra on Vesta's trike when we bought it. We do a lot of traveling on the scoot, and water from rain got under both. That with the dust/dirt that can accumulate from long rides can dull the surface of the paint. We took them off after a month. If you are going to use the trike as a 'bar hopper' there may not be any concern.

Happy riding.
You took them off after a month and your paint was dulled? Really? That must have been a great month of riding!!
There are many on here that have had them on for years with no complaints. Guess they just don't ride those hard miles you do?? Try to lighten up Screwball, you just might have more fun. We all know you are the biggest, baddest trike rider of them all!

Old 06-26-2014, 06:18 AM
iaff84
Tourer
Received 53 Likes on 25 Posts

I have ended up liking mine on the 11.
After 30K, I removed and had some marks, They buffed out. Then I put them back on. Figure I need to flop them back and wash every now and then, but I doubt that happens
Dennis

Attached Thumbnails Harley brand tri-glide fender bra instafll.-bra-scuffs-gone.jpg   Harley brand tri-glide fender bra instafll.-lf-bra-scuff.jpg  
Old 06-26-2014, 02:42 PM
screwball
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 100 Likes on 65 Posts

Originally Posted by TwinCooled
You took them off after a month and your paint was dulled? Really? That must have been a great month of riding!!
There are many on here that have had them on for years with no complaints. Guess they just don't ride those hard miles you do?? Try to lighten up Screwball, you just might have more fun. We all know you are the biggest, baddest trike rider of them all!
WOW, that was uncalled for. As a matter of fact we put them on just before we left on a 4000 mile ride through Arizona, Nevada, Utah and Colorado. We got wind blown, rained and hailed on. I guess when you only ride to bike night once a week and spend the other 6 days polishing and complaining about what a piece your trike is, there isn't a problem. I'm also sorry I don't agree with everything I see on the boards I guess I'm only supposed to voice my opinion if it happens to agree with everyone else.

Bye.

Old 06-26-2014, 04:15 PM
Casper
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 285 Likes on 189 Posts

Alright, play nice guys.....
They came on the new trike, I'll be keeping a close eye on the fenders....good wax and regular cleaning may be in order....

Quick Reply: Harley brand tri-glide fender bra instafll.