Tri Glide, RG3 & Freewheeler Models Freewheeler, RG3 & Tri Glide Enthusiasts. Here is your section of the forum to discuss Harley's Trikes!

2014 Windshield

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2014, 10:16 PM
desertclassic
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts
Default 2014 Windshield

Looking for ideas. My 14 triglide has a 10" windshield and I get a lot of extra wind. I had a 12" on the ultra and got little wind. Will a 12" on the triglide carry the wind a little higher and do away with some of the wind, or is there a better aftermarket to help with the wind? Jim

Old 09-20-2014, 10:33 PM
Casper
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 285 Likes on 189 Posts

I have a Long Rider shield on my TG, it's a 7" and I get just a little more than the stock 13". The LRS has a lip on top that really helps. They are a forum sponsor and if you enter HDF20 in the order you'll get a forum member 20% discount.
But, when riding next time, put your hands just above and in front of the gas tank, you'll be amazed how much wind that will knock off your face. I wish there was something we could put there..

Old 09-21-2014, 02:15 AM
ELVISTO
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Casper
I have a Long Rider shield on my TG, it's a 7" and I get just a little more than the stock 13". The LRS has a lip on top that really helps. They are a forum sponsor and if you enter HDF20 in the order you'll get a forum member 20% discount.
But, when riding next time, put your hands just above and in front of the gas tank, you'll be amazed how much wind that will knock off your face. I wish there was something we could put there..
Casper, I noticed that when I first had my 14 TG, Thought about fitting wind deflectors on the front forks like some of the members have done, Then the weather warmed up and I forgot all about the cold blowing over the top of the tank, A few weeks later I fitted the 1 1/2 inch tank lifts I'd bought at the same time as the comfort lifts from D K Custom,
And you know what, no more cold air blowing over the top of the tank, I raised the rear by 3/8 also, I was amazed the difference it made,
I thought I was just buying the tank lifts to keep the engine cooler, but it made so much difference to the ride, the seat was more comfortable and with the tank was now higher on my knees which felt better, And i get to see more of the engine, (when i'm off it of course ) G

Old 09-21-2014, 12:50 PM
Casper
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 285 Likes on 189 Posts

Originally Posted by ELVISTO
Casper, I noticed that when I first had my 14 TG, Thought about fitting wind deflectors on the front forks like some of the members have done, Then the weather warmed up and I forgot all about the cold blowing over the top of the tank, A few weeks later I fitted the 1 1/2 inch tank lifts I'd bought at the same time as the comfort lifts from D K Custom,
And you know what, no more cold air blowing over the top of the tank, I raised the rear by 3/8 also, I was amazed the difference it made,
I thought I was just buying the tank lifts to keep the engine cooler, but it made so much difference to the ride, the seat was more comfortable and with the tank was now higher on my knees which felt better, And i get to see more of the engine, (when i'm off it of course ) G
I'll have to look into this, need to order the lift kit too.

Old 07-22-2015, 01:29 PM
romeojoe
Stage IV
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I put a light tint 12"on my 2014 and love it. Yes there is less wind.