Tri Glide, RG3 & Freewheeler Models Freewheeler, RG3 & Tri Glide Enthusiasts. Here is your section of the forum to discuss Harley's Trikes!

2013 tri glide

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2014, 12:07 PM
sailorcouple
Stage IV
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2013 Tri Glide

Due to legs starting to give away, decided to trade our 2010 Street Glide for a 2013 Tri-Glide. Traded last night and rode it for 50 miles from the dealership to home. Enjoyed it but of course getting use to it. Just turned 62 last week and have been riding since age 15. Rode it to work this morning.

Would love any information any tri-glide riders can give to us.

We already feel that we will be a bit safer on the three wheels due to legs.

Will post pictures soon....it is a 2013 with only 3900 miles. Also have read numerous post this morning about the anniverary number, where can I find number on this bike? What kind of gas mileage can we expect.

Looking forward hearing from fellow tri-glide riders, good or bad.

Old 10-07-2014, 12:10 PM
grbrown
Club Member
Received 2,851 Likes on 2,419 Posts

Hi from the UK and welcome to HDF. In addition to this Touring section there is also a Tri Glide section that is worth calling in.

Old 10-07-2014, 12:19 PM
Cowboy Rob
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 2,565 Likes on 1,497 Posts

Congrats on the new bike! Check here for all the info you might need
https://www.hdforums.com/forum/tri-glide-models-151/

Old 10-07-2014, 01:19 PM
side by side
Novice

I purchase my first Trike in August, I purchased a 2014. It takes a little getting confidence riding it. I have 600 miles on it and I'm just starting to feel comfortable. Sharp turns we're my biggest worry. With my low mileage and being in the break in stage I haven't checked mileage. My knee's and back aren't as strong as they should be and I can't see anything getting better. Good luck with your new Trike, the more you use it, the more you'll like it.

Old 10-07-2014, 01:29 PM
sailorcouple
Stage IV

Thank you for the response. Yes it will take a little bit to get confortable on it. Have a terrific day

Old 10-07-2014, 05:58 PM
Mr.Softy
Grand HDF Member

Received 1,199 Likes on 711 Posts

The anniversary number might be on the console at the end of it, that is where mine is located.

Old 10-07-2014, 11:33 PM
sloufoot
Received 4,081 Likes on 3,483 Posts

Just a few quick pointers for the Trike........
When you are turning push on the outside handlebars & a slight pull on the inside. It will become natural for you in a while.
While turning put pressure on the outside footboard. It will help you feel better in the seat.
Going around corners or curves go into the curve at posted speeds then accelerate from the apex out of the curve. Never try to push past what you are comfortable with.
When around anything close to you be sure & give yourself extra room ! You have a wide rear end !
When using the reverse, be sure to let the Trike coast rearward after you let off the button so the gear can get away from the reverse gear. Otherwise reverse can stay engaged & hurt the reverse motor.
The anniversary number would be in the tank medalion. But not all '13 Trikes were anniversary editions. If there isn't a number there it isn't an anniversary edition. 1450 total made.
Most of all ride the paint off that thing !!!
Ride safe !

Last edited by sloufoot; 10-07-2014 at 11:42 PM.
Old 10-08-2014, 12:27 AM
Casper
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 285 Likes on 189 Posts

What Sloufoot said..
Also, when traveling in the sharpe corners have your passenger help you by leaning into the curve, not a bunch, just enough to look over your inside shoulder, helps with the TG and helps her feel centered.

A lot of things will become more anad more natural to you as you put on the miles.

Make a list of questions when riding ( well, not when riding but when you stop) and post the questions here...a lot of smart people on the froum ( not exactly me)..
If we don't know the answer, heck, we'll make something up! ( kidding)

Ride safe, take your time and get to know the TG....easy does it!

Old 10-08-2014, 10:10 AM
sailorcouple
Stage IV

A big thanks to all who have responsed to me. Feeling better already about having to move to a Trike. Rich and Connie on the beautiful Mississippi Gulf Coast. Low 80's today and sunny.

Old 10-08-2014, 03:21 PM
Casper
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 285 Likes on 189 Posts

Originally Posted by sailorcouple
A big thanks to all who have responsed to me. Feeling better already about having to move to a Trike. Rich and Connie on the beautiful Mississippi Gulf Coast. Low 80's today and sunny.

Everything was going ok, then you had to rub in the sunny and weather....what's up with that?

Just funning

Ride safe, post some pictures...ya know we don't believe anything without pictures

Quick Reply: 2013 tri glide