Tri Glide, RG3 & Freewheeler Models Freewheeler, RG3 & Tri Glide Enthusiasts. Here is your section of the forum to discuss Harley's Trikes!

floorboard spacers

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2014, 10:11 PM
sarge205
Intermediate
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default floorboard spacers

Has anyone tried these on the 2014 tri glides? I'm wondering how it goes together in light of the parking brake.

Old 10-23-2014, 09:01 AM
scuba1954
Cruiser
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by sarge205
Has anyone tried these on the 2014 tri glides? I'm wondering how it goes together in light of the parking brake.

If you are referring to the Kuryakyn floor board spacer that move the floor boards outward about an inch, yes I have tried them. Unfortunately they will not work. I started on the right side and they went on easily then moved to the left side and because of the parking brake change from 13 they will not fit. I contacted Kuryakyn because they told me they would fit before I ordered them and asked what was going on. They got back with me after contacting their tech support and were apologetic and said I was correct they will not fit the 14's.

Old 10-23-2014, 12:25 PM
TrapshooterBob
Cruiser
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I thought the only thing missing to make it work on a 2014 trike was another spacer and 1 longer bolt. 2 items that you have to get on your own. The post I remember got his at Tractor Supply.

Old 10-23-2014, 04:31 PM
mwessel
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This is exactly what I bought from Dennis Kirk.
Kuryakyn Relocator Bracket for Driver Floorboards - 4588
I have a 14 and they worked just fine. I had to (ever so slightly) bore the floor board holes out to accept the pin to go back thru. Other than that no problems.

Old 10-23-2014, 11:24 PM
screwball
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 100 Likes on 65 Posts

Put the floor board extenders on your '09 and '11 Tri-Glides. Worked great to reduce the 'hot foot syndrome' Hope the above post helps with the install on your '14.

Old 10-24-2014, 01:53 AM
DK Custom
Platinum Sponsor
Received 3,940 Likes on 2,295 Posts

Vtwingoodies now has floorboard extension kits for the 2014 and 2015 models. They work fine with the new style parking brake.

DKCustomProducts.com
Call/Text: 662-252-8828
Email: Support@DKCustomProducts.com

Old 10-24-2014, 09:41 AM
scuba1954
Cruiser

Originally Posted by DK Custom
Vtwingoodies now has floorboard extension kits for the 2014 and 2015 models. They work fine with the new style parking brake.

Any idea who makes this for vtwingoodies? I looked at their part and like what I see. I sent them a email asking fitment questions if these will work with the Vance and Hines Dresser Duals that I have on my tirke. The reason I have asked this is that the Dresser Duals came with a spacer that moved the right floorboard out a small amount for the new pipes to clear. I had originally bought the kuryakyn parts and the right floor board spacers that they had worked fine it was just the left did not fit so I returned them. I don't know who makes the vtwingoodies kit but I would assume if the kuryakyn right floorboard spacers worked that the vtwingoodies would work. Hopefully someone on this site can tell me who makes the vtwingoodies parts and if they will fit my 14 trike with the VH headers.

Old 10-24-2014, 10:17 AM
DK Custom
Platinum Sponsor
Received 3,940 Likes on 2,295 Posts

Originally Posted by scuba1954
Any idea who makes this for vtwingoodies? I looked at their part and like what I see. I sent them a email asking fitment questions if these will work with the Vance and Hines Dresser Duals that I have on my tirke. The reason I have asked this is that the Dresser Duals came with a spacer that moved the right floorboard out a small amount for the new pipes to clear. I had originally bought the kuryakyn parts and the right floor board spacers that they had worked fine it was just the left did not fit so I returned them. I don't know who makes the vtwingoodies kit but I would assume if the kuryakyn right floorboard spacers worked that the vtwingoodies would work. Hopefully someone on this site can tell me who makes the vtwingoodies parts and if they will fit my 14 trike with the VH headers.
vtwingoodies makes them themselves.

After I discovered that their pre 14 kits only needed one additional spacer on the left to work with the 14 & 15's, I spoke with Tom and gave him the specs.

He is now making them.

As long as the V&H kit moves the floorboard straight out (and not forward or backward, or up or down) then there is no reason that the vtwingoodies would not work with the pipes.

Old 10-24-2014, 01:32 PM
Jlbflhtc
Cruiser
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

I have the vtwingoodies floorboard extensions on my 2014 and they work as designed.
I have not encountered any parking brake issues.

Old 10-27-2014, 04:55 PM
scuba1954
Cruiser

[QUOTE=Jlbflhtc;13352163]I have the vtwingoodies floorboard extensions on my 2014 and they work as designed.
I have not encountered any parking brake issues.[/QUOTE

Got my vtwingoodies floorboard spacers in the mail today. Maybe I can get them on tomorrow. I live North of Cincinnati and it's starting to get cold.

Quick Reply: floorboard spacers