Tri Glide, RG3 & Freewheeler Models Freewheeler, RG3 & Tri Glide Enthusiasts. Here is your section of the forum to discuss Harley's Trikes!

Going to look at a new leftover 2013 with a friend tomorrow

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2014, 04:45 PM
plumberdoug
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Not real easy to get rid of 09 to 13 triglide !!!

Old 10-28-2014, 04:56 PM
steelerdude1
Grand HDF Member
Received 283 Likes on 215 Posts

Originally Posted by plumberdoug
Steelerdude, the dealer you are talking about is where I bought my 2011, tried to trade it in on 2015 and he was 5000 higher than Z and M out of Greensburg. Needless to say he lost a customer . Great game last night !!!
It may not be the dealer you think. It's apple in duncansville. I bought my bike there 4+ years ago and was able to haggle. They would not budge on this Tri-glide.

I won't go to zepka's for buying a bike, the price everything 3-6 grand higher then every where else. The sad thing is, people pay the prices, so they will never stop. I do use their parts department though, those guys are pretty cool.

I think it's the same at most dealers ne'er me, I went to z&m and looked into trading my 06 for a 10 RGC, and they too were priced high (bike was priced at what they sold for ne in 2010), and offered me $500 under nada trade value. That's what sold me on converting my EGC to a road glide.

Oh yeah, the game was awesome, wonder if it has something to do with the bumble bee uniforms, lol

Old 10-28-2014, 04:57 PM
WRE4U
Road Master

Received 215 Likes on 125 Posts

You guys gave up too soon! I've never met a car or motorcycle dealer that didn't come to the bargaining table fat. I've been low balled on every trade in I've brought. I'm sure with a little haggling you could have had that set-up charge and DOC dumped. If they didn't come up on the trade, sell the scoot outright. Hagglin', dealin', and negociatin' is all part of the fun of buying a new toy. Good Luck next time! __________________
You are so right! I remember reading your post how you traded in your '09 with 5Ok miles, bla, bla ,bla....I had a quote on my bike (2010 Tri Glide, 18K miles, lots of extras....pipes, chrome, lift kit, or about 4K in add ons) Dealer said "my bike and 12k for a new '15 Free wheeler.....WTF....he still is calling me with updated pricing. I love this, in fact before I'm done I think he should be giving me money for my bike and to take his off his hands!!!

Last edited by WRE4U; 10-28-2014 at 05:00 PM.
Old 10-28-2014, 05:02 PM
steelerdude1
Grand HDF Member
Received 283 Likes on 215 Posts

Originally Posted by WRE4U
You guys gave up too soon! I've never met a car or motorcycle dealer that didn't come to the bargaining table fat. I've been low balled on every trade in I've brought. I'm sure with a little haggling you could have had that set-up charge and DOC dumped. If they didn't come up on the trade, sell the scoot outright. Hagglin', dealin', and negociatin' is all part of the fun of buying a new toy. Good Luck next time! __________________
You are so right! I remember reading your post how you traded in your '09 with 5Ok miles, bla, bla ,bla....I had a quote on my bike (2010 Tri Glide, 18K miles, lots of extras....pipes, chrome, lift kit, or about 4K in add ons) Dealer said "my bike and 12k for a new '15 Free wheeler.....WTF....he still is calling me with updated pricing. I love this, in fact before I'm done I think he should be giving me money for my bike and to take his off his hands!!!
They know what he is willing to pay, and they didn't even come back with a counter offer, not much more you can do with that.

They may surprise me and call him back with a counter, who knows. It's the end of the month so maybe that will give them some motivation to sell it.

Old 10-28-2014, 07:04 PM
plumberdoug
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was talking about Apple, he did me right on my softtail when I traded for the trike but said did not want it back. And are right Andy and the guys are alright, hell I even like Joe but money is money !!