Tri Glide, RG3 & Freewheeler Models Freewheeler, RG3 & Tri Glide Enthusiasts. Here is your section of the forum to discuss Harley's Trikes!

Tri-Glide Issues

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2014, 08:31 AM
GARY DYER
Elite HDF Member

Received 689 Likes on 412 Posts

I have never had that problem - with my '12TG or my '14TG. What I do is close the door normally then push somewhat hard(not much) to let the lock engage. Somewhat like what you had to do with an old VW Beetle's door = push it closed fast (to let the air out) then an extra push to engage the lock. "Bug" owners know what I'm talking about.

Old 04-11-2014, 08:56 AM
sullyj020
Cruiser
Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

I have a 2013 TG, have not had any problems with the tourpak lid, but have had my trunk door pop open a few times while riding. Seems like a poorly built lock / latch system. Not much to it. Even locked it pops open, don't see any adjustments to make ??

Old 04-11-2014, 01:51 PM
GARY DYER
Elite HDF Member

Something's very wrong if it pops open while locked. How long have you had this problem? Have the dealer look at it. I don't think there are very many with this problem or there would be a service bulletin on it by now.

Old 05-26-2014, 08:10 AM
curlyandlucy
Stage IV
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2014 Triglide woes

Hello All, Lucy here.
My husband and I just traded in our beloved bikes, for a 2014 Triglide. We had it for 5 days and the clutch went out. We had ridden to the dealer because we forgot our bells. We told anyone who would listen, something was wrong with the clutch. We broke down half way home. Obviously no one would listen. Needless to say, they brought us a triglide to ride home on, and picked up ours.

My question is actually about the steering damper. On our bike, my husband can pull in and out the steering damper like a trombone. On the one they gave us to ride, he cannot. My question is, is it "normal" to be able to play you damper like a trombone?

Old 05-26-2014, 02:44 PM
msocko3
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 138 Likes on 120 Posts

Originally Posted by curlyandlucy
Hello All, Lucy here.
My husband and I just traded in our beloved bikes, for a 2014 Triglide. We had it for 5 days and the clutch went out. We had ridden to the dealer because we forgot our bells. We told anyone who would listen, something was wrong with the clutch. We broke down half way home. Obviously no one would listen. Needless to say, they brought us a triglide to ride home on, and picked up ours.

My question is actually about the steering damper. On our bike, my husband can pull in and out the steering damper like a trombone. On the one they gave us to ride, he cannot. My question is, is it "normal" to be able to play you damper like a trombone?
If the damper is very easy to move in and out it is bad. It should not move in and out easily.

Old 06-05-2014, 03:57 PM
kingfish12
Stage I
Default Just a thanks

I bought a new 2013 Tri Glide the day I bought it I called the honda dealer and tried to trade it off. The heat was unbearable, if I could have traded for 3 grand difference I would have, that's how disappointed I was with my trike. I traded in an ultra classic and kicked myself for doing it. Back to the 3 grand, I bought a set of RC exhaust along with new head pipes and air filter and that preprogrammed crap they call a tuner. I still had 480 degrees on my rear exhaust head pipe, there was a man on here talking about the DOBECK tuner, I bought one. I tuned it to my liking and the temp dropped 200 degrees no **** 200 degrees. I just got back from Key West today, my first 3000 mile trip and it was great. The RC tuner was returned to Rodney's Cycle Shop and never got a refund but that's part of life. The DOBECK tuner is the perfect addition to the fuel system it really made riding a Tri Glide comfortable. Most shops do not have a dyno for a trike so try tuning it.i mounted the tuning box under the left side cover making it easy to tune. Anyway a big thanks to the man on here talking about the DOBECK tuner.

Old 06-06-2014, 07:53 AM
GARY DYER
Elite HDF Member

Not really sure why some people have heat problems and some don't. I just got back from Rolling Thunder, 3000+ trip. You can imagine the heat riding in a parade with over 500,000 bikes, then riding the Blue Ridge Parkway etc for another 600 miles. Heat? What heat? My TG was no hotter then my 2003 Ultra.
If my bike dropped 200* it wouldn't move because the oil would be so thick. My average temps were 213* to 285* . One reason I think I don't have a problem with heat is because I have a higher tolerance for heat plus maybe my dealer set it up better.
My TG is completely stock.......other then a "crotch cooler" that is.

Old 06-26-2014, 09:53 PM
anv.csa
5th Gear

Help. My oil pressure guage reads zero at idle, but increases to normal when trike is going. Any suggestions?

Old 06-27-2014, 07:08 AM
icebite1
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by anv.csa
Help. My oil pressure guage reads zero at idle, but increases to normal when trike is going. Any suggestions?
Is the oil light also coming on ?

Old 06-27-2014, 07:40 PM
msocko3
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 138 Likes on 120 Posts

I'd put a manual gauge on it and see if it agrees with the factory electrical one.

Quick Reply: Tri-Glide Issues