Tri Glide, RG3 & Freewheeler Models Freewheeler, RG3 & Tri Glide Enthusiasts. Here is your section of the forum to discuss Harley's Trikes!

Tri-Glide Issues

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2009, 06:45 PM
BinIdaho
Stellar HDF Member
Received 38 Likes on 34 Posts
Default Tri-Glide Issues

Here you go!

Trunk lid leaking
Parking Brake
Pinging
Heat
Etc.

The following users liked this post:
RCUltra (07-09-2019)
Old 05-17-2009, 08:58 PM
grimm
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

thanks, spud. i imagine it will be easier for all the triglide owners if all of your problems are kept in one thread.

don't get discouraged. keep in mind this a first production year and the bugs are still being worked out. relax and enjoy the ride!

Old 05-17-2009, 11:34 PM
carlo
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

My 09 Tri Glide Front cylinder noise lifter has to be replaced. Trunk leaks. Swirl marks on Trunk door.( Was not bad lifter. ACR was loose was turning out causing it to leak on compresion stroke. Sounded like leak from head pipe. Had ACR fixed at Reggie Pink HD around 6-09 )

Last edited by carlo; 03-28-2011 at 02:21 PM.
Derbywiz (10-03-2022)
Old 05-18-2009, 01:06 AM
msocko3
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 138 Likes on 120 Posts

The folks with the problems should coordinate it so they all call the Moco at the same time and complain about the problems and ask for satisfaction. Wonder if it would ruin someones day in customer service.

Old 05-18-2009, 04:51 AM
oldmsocko
Club Member
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Spudster
Here you go!

Trunk lid leaking
Parking Brake
Pinging
Heat
Etc.
Trunk leaking
Heat
Pinging

Old 05-18-2009, 10:48 AM
tririder
Advanced

Trunk leaking
Excessive heat
Trunk won't lock
Trunk door falls open while riding
Marks on rear and trunk door from 3 fixes that haven't worked...
I'm calling HD customer service today.....

Freddy13 (05-20-2017)
Old 05-18-2009, 08:26 PM
TheJimer
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by tririder
Trunk leaking
Excessive heat
Trunk won't lock
Trunk door falls open while riding
Marks on rear and trunk door from 3 fixes that haven't worked...
I'm calling HD customer service today.....
Tririder,

Please keep us posted as to the outcome of your call.

I am sending a letter via U.S. Certified Mail, Return Receipt Requested
To: Attn: Customer Service
Harley-Davidson Motor Company
3700 W. Juneau Ave.
Milwaukee, WI 53208

For those of you that want to call Customer Service, their direct dial number is:
414/343-4056

Does anyone know if Harley monitors this forum? I belong to a couple of automotive forums and I know for a fact that Corvette and Porsche monitor their respective forums.

I have witnessed some positive changes especially from Corvette as a direct result of Corvette Forum Members complaints. Hopefully our posts will not fall upon deaf ears and I plan on mentioning the Harley Forum in my letter to Customer Service.

Old 05-19-2009, 04:31 AM
oldmsocko
Club Member
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

It might be helpful if we call customer service that we post here the name of the person whom we talked to. When I talked to John at CS he acted like he never heard of a heat issue with the 103 motors.

Old 05-19-2009, 02:23 PM
tririder
Advanced

I spoke with Ola at HD customer service yesterday and she logged my complaints and gave me a confirmation #. When HD logs a complaint, it is specifically tagged to your vin # so that when a dealer calls a tech service person at HD HQ, they have access to any complaints you have made directly to HD and vice versa. For instance, when HD pulled up my vin, they told me that my dealer had last called a tech rep at HD in January of '09 to discuss my trunk leak. They keep a record of every contact about your specific bike no matter who calls in to what department. Ola told me that they really need the dealers to call HD tech service when they service the trikes so they can keep a tally of all of the problems they're having. I passed this info along to the dealer and asked them to call HD tech service with every issue they have and to reference my vin#. This way there is a record of all of my (and other people's) issues.
I also told Ola that I have discussed my problems with all of you wonderful, supportive people on this forum and told her that none of my problems are specific to my trike. I told her they may want to have someone take a look at this forum - no response from her on that! She left it with me that I really need to have my dealer service department contact them with more specific information, so that's what I have done.

Old 05-19-2009, 07:14 PM
BinIdaho
Stellar HDF Member
Received 38 Likes on 34 Posts

I have a 10 am appt with my HD dealer in Meridian. Service Mgr wants to "measure" and will take 2 hrs...Hmm, replace my rubber gasket and/or replace door since it only locks on the upper left-hand side. Measure for what?

Should I wait and see what results from above measurement before calling Customer Service?

I realize with any new product the 'bugs' have to be worked out...but at least I'm not alone

Quick Reply: Tri-Glide Issues