Tri Glide, RG3 & Freewheeler Models Freewheeler, RG3 & Tri Glide Enthusiasts. Here is your section of the forum to discuss Harley's Trikes!

PM (Performance Machine) TG Brakes Installed

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2010, 10:53 PM
TheJimer
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by SEAlaskan
Ya, you'd think they would have invented a new phrase by now.
Butch
I guess they figure that they don’t have to change their standard phrase; after all, this one has worked so well for so long. It’s our fault as consumers; we know that they are insulting our intelligence by telling us “That’s Normal” but how many of us have ever looked them in the eye and said you’re full of crap…
”DON’T INSULT MY INTELLIGENCE BY TELLING ME THAT’s NORMAL”?

Old 04-23-2010, 11:09 PM
TheJimer
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by SEAlaskan
THEJIMER!! Yesterday and this morning I've been using the Rejex & Adam's Detailler on the trike the last couple of day's, infact I had get out and ride this afternoon before we loss the sunsine and 50* temp. Tomorrow it's suppose to cloud over. I was hopping the Rejex would get rid of the finger imprints in the soft paint on the trunk door, but it didn't so I'll have to get some fine rubbing compound and work that area I guess. I think the Rejex & Adam's will be the perfect combo for this wet area. Thank You I like it
Butch
Buch; I’m glad that these products are working for you. I have a couple hundred coats of Adams Detail on my bike and now this is bug season in the great southwest so when I come home after a ride I don’t wash the bike I just Adams Detail the bugs off with a bug scrub and in a half hour or so I’m good to go.

Old 04-24-2010, 03:11 AM
msocko3
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 138 Likes on 120 Posts

Originally Posted by oldmsocko
That's not very much weight. I use that much just to warm up.
Must be those bionic knees.

Old 04-26-2010, 03:13 PM
Performance Machine
Former Sponsor
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Trike Brake System Testing

Check out this blog post about our Stage 1 Brake Kit testing results...
http://www.custommotorcyclepartsblog...ystem-testing/
[youtube] <object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/x0mO97Pne-g&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/x0mO97Pne-g&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object [/youtube]

Old 04-27-2010, 12:55 AM
msocko3
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by Performance Machine
Check out this blog post about our Stage 1 Brake Kit testing results...
http://www.custommotorcyclepartsblog...ystem-testing/
I read your blog and the only thing I question is you state in your blog that your techs were unable to lock up the rear brakes. Either my dad and I got good ones or you might want to get your techs a Gym membership. I can lock mine up with no problem and I know my dad has had his locked up also, and he had bad knees at the time. I can tell you the rear tires make lots of noise when they squeal from the brakes being locked up because when I did it I had people stop in their tracks and looks for the source of the noise. I agree the factory rear brakes could use some improvement and should improve a great deal with a better pad material.

Old 04-28-2010, 10:00 AM
PopDukes
Cruiser

The only thing I can add is that it now takes very little pressure to stop using just the rears when tested. I love their feel and do feel safer with them. It also stopped the rear sqeaking!

I do use both front and rear when needing a quicker stop. Fronts primarily.

At the RiverRun this last weekend I did have PM techs check my install and all is good to them. They also offered a 20% discount on the wheels, sooooo, like I do, making sure the Kids don't get all my income, I did order a set of Riveria style wheels with the front matching rotors. Will probably take 4-6 weeks to receive.

Again, the bike ran great with my recent nods. UltraCooler etc. Even when temps hit the upper 80's the oil temp did not exceed 210. Still have externalk heat issues but tolerable. Would like to where shorts some day with my TG??

Old 04-28-2010, 04:51 PM
SEAlaskan
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by PopDukes
The only thing I can add is that it now takes very little pressure to stop using just the rears when tested. I love their feel and do feel safer with them. It also stopped the rear sqeaking!

I do use both front and rear when needing a quicker stop. Fronts primarily.

At the RiverRun this last weekend I did have PM techs check my install and all is good to them. They also offered a 20% discount on the wheels, sooooo, like I do, making sure the Kids don't get all my income, I did order a set of Riveria style wheels with the front matching rotors. Will probably take 4-6 weeks to receive.

Again, the bike ran great with my recent nods. UltraCooler etc. Even when temps hit the upper 80's the oil temp did not exceed 210. Still have externalk heat issues but tolerable. Would like to where shorts some day with my TG??
Can't wait to see some pictures of your new wheels when you get them on. The trike above with the Performance Wrath wheels looks great. Although I do have a problem with the thin side walls since we depend so much on those side wall for a softer ride. But it does look great.
Butch

Old 04-28-2010, 11:16 PM
PopDukes
Cruiser

I believe the photo PM posted was their 16's not the stock 15's which is what I ordered. I am keeping the stock tires for now!

Old 04-29-2010, 12:23 AM
msocko3
Ultimate HDF Member

Still have externalk heat issues but tolerable. Would like to where shorts some day with my TG??
I can tell you from painfull experience you might not want to wear shorts, or make sure your carefull. Last year the wife and I were in Wellsboro with my 06 Ultra when we decided we both wanted something to drink from the store. The store was a quick walk away but I was feeling lazy so I jumped on the bike with my shorts on. When I got to the store I got off on the high side like I do most of the time and burnt the heck out of the inside of my right calf on the hot exhaust. I won't wear shorts on a Harley anymore, to many exposed hot surfaces to get a good burn from.

Old 04-29-2010, 06:35 AM
Boom
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Would like to where shorts some day with my TG??
I'm sure some day H-D will sell a special space-age lotion that you can spread on your legs for heat protection and an SPF of 500! It will sell for 80 bucks an ounce to go with your 220 cu. in. air-cooled EPA trike engine. But, guess what, they will also get the "potato-potato" idle back in the engine with a special controlled ECM. How's that for imagination?

Quick Reply: PM (Performance Machine) TG Brakes Installed