Tri Glide, RG3 & Freewheeler Models Freewheeler, RG3 & Tri Glide Enthusiasts. Here is your section of the forum to discuss Harley's Trikes!

PM (Performance Machine) TG Brakes Installed

Old 04-21-2010, 10:07 PM
PopDukes
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default PM (Performance Machine) TG Brakes Installed

WOW. What a difference. Not only did it rid my squeaking, but most importantly, the TG now stops on a dime!

Dramatic improvement on stopping ability!!!!!! Feel it was well worth the investment. About $1500.

Old 04-21-2010, 11:25 PM
SEAlaskan
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by PopDukes
WOW. What a difference. Not only did it rid my squeaking, but most importantly, the TG now stops on a dime!

Dramatic improvement on stopping ability!!!!!! Feel it was well worth the investment. About $1500.
Stopping on a dime, eh!! front and rear brakes together I assume?? How much of a improvement on rears only

Old 04-22-2010, 04:45 AM
oldmsocko
Club Member
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by SEAlaskan
Stopping on a dime, eh!! front and rear brakes together I assume?? How much of a improvement on rears only
Very good question. With my stock brakes using front and rear at the same time it will stop on a dime. My stock rear brakes appear adequate, but as soon as Lyndell come out with rear brake pads I will replace my stock pads with them.

Old 04-22-2010, 06:35 AM
msocko3
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 138 Likes on 120 Posts

Originally Posted by PopDukes

... Just saying.

Old 04-22-2010, 06:36 AM
Boom
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by oldmsocko
Very good question. With my stock brakes using front and rear at the same time it will stop on a dime. My stock rear brakes appear adequate, but as soon as Lyndell come out with rear brake pads I will replace my stock pads with them.
I guess I can say the same for my '10. One thing that urks me is having to "stand" on the rear brake at a stop to keep it from drifting. I like to sit back and stretch without having to grip the front brake.
They changed the rear brakes on the '10s???

Old 04-22-2010, 12:58 PM
carlo
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

$1,500 is a lot of money for a up grade when will it stop. My 09 TG stops fine.

Old 04-23-2010, 03:37 AM
msocko3
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 138 Likes on 120 Posts

Originally Posted by Boom
I guess I can say the same for my '10. One thing that urks me is having to "stand" on the rear brake at a stop to keep it from drifting. I like to sit back and stretch without having to grip the front brake.
They changed the rear brakes on the '10s???
One of the bullet items in the 2010 MY technical update says the following for the Triglide.

Reduced Rear Brake Effort
(New Master Cylinder and Calipers – will retro-fit)

Myself I can't feel any difference between mine or my dads rear breaks. I can say for kicks I decided to see what the rear breaks would do one mine when I pushed harder than normal on the peddle. I was surprised at how loud the rear tires squeal when they lock up. I figure if you can lock up the back tires you can't ask for much better breaking. To me it doesn't seem like I have to push very hard on the rear break peddle to stop or hold it while sitting at a stop light, but everyone has different physical limitations. Maybe there are some who need reduced effort due to leg strength issues, I used to squat 500# at one time so I don't have much problem in that dept.

Old 04-23-2010, 04:40 AM
oldmsocko
Club Member
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by msocko3
I used to squat 500# at one time so I don't have much problem in that dept.
That's not very much weight. I use that much just to warm up.

Old 04-23-2010, 08:48 AM
Boom
Road Warrior

Maybe there are some who need reduced effort due to leg strength issues, I used to squat 500# at one time so I don't have much problem in that dept.
500 lbs.?! Geez, more like 500 oz. for me!

Old 04-23-2010, 10:06 AM
SEAlaskan
Tourer

One of the bullet items in the 2010 MY technical update says the following for the Triglide.

Reduced Rear Brake Effort
(New Master Cylinder and Calipers – will retro-fit)

Myself I can't feel any difference between mine or my dads rear breaks. I can say for kicks I decided to see what the rear breaks would do one mine when I pushed harder than normal on the peddle. I was surprised at how loud the rear tires squeal when they lock up. I figure if you can lock up the back tires you can't ask for much better breaking. To me it doesn't seem like I have to push very hard on the rear break peddle to stop or hold it while sitting at a stop light, but everyone has different physical limitations. Maybe there are some who need reduced effort due to leg strength issues, I used to squat 500# at one time so I don't have much problem in that dept.
I haven't been able to lock up my rears on the '09 TG. Maybe I have to look into the retro's. Most of my braking is with the fronts except in hard cornering then I use the rears only, which you don't want to lock them up.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: PM (Performance Machine) TG Brakes Installed