Tri Glide, RG3 & Freewheeler Models Freewheeler, RG3 & Tri Glide Enthusiasts. Here is your section of the forum to discuss Harley's Trikes!

TG Modifications – The ABC’s of Removing Rider Heat A + B = C

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2013, 03:32 PM
msocko3
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 138 Likes on 120 Posts

Originally Posted by HDWRENCH
HD will not take notice ever.. It meets EPA regs and they sell end of story.

As for our website we where a victium of the go bot virus that hammered go daddy. So the 5+K website was a total loss including the back up server.. As the virus hit them not a one site per say. SO the site is being rebuilt , money is not the issues but time wise for me to sit down and get the guy what he needs. I am slammed with work and really at this point booked well in the fall.. Not a bad thing but I agree the site needs to be much more than a front page. Its getting there but along with that we have the compensaver product to deal with and get that part of the site and shopping cart up and running.

Heat wise you can tune it, fan it, wrap it but in the end it's all a band aid. The cam is a great EPA item and until you can get the engine to cool down with cam timing you are only going to reduce a small % compared to what a bolt in cam has to offer.
Shame people have to mess up what others have, I can understand not having time to get it fixed. Being busy is a good thing, a sure sign your doing something right.

Old 07-20-2013, 12:21 PM
HDWRENCH
Road Master
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

At first thought a web site seems great and it would be easy.. however once you really start to sit down and see it in text with this picture or that and have to move it around a few times, re word you feel great then you see you have a few hours in that page and there are only 60 more pages to go HA HA ..

Yes I think that people that dream up or spread a virus all need a good beating..... and that is just the start. I am out a bunch of money and time on the first one.. Go daddy by the way can go pound sand while we are on that topic. Just a big sorry **** happens type of deal and nothing to help with a new site. I have a new server and web guy that is working hard even today to get my site back up and going.. We are only a phone call away.

Old 07-22-2013, 07:44 PM
vonho@mhtc.net
4th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What header pipes are used and can true duels be used without mods?

Old 07-23-2013, 11:03 AM
WheelGal
5th Gear

I have to say I am a VERY happy camper with the mods that HDWRENCH did on my trike. Temp is way down, power is incredible from both a stop and high speeds and braking is a huge improvement. Incredible, it's now fun to ride!

Old 08-19-2013, 07:00 PM
ronherman
Tourer

Mr. Wizard, how would these work on a 2012 SG? major amount of heat on my wife's right leg. had a retune done that cooled it down some. we also live in Florida too! any other suggestions at all?

Old 08-19-2013, 07:32 PM
Mr. Wizard
Administrator
Received 2,035 Likes on 1,103 Posts

Originally Posted by ronherman
Mr. Wizard, how would these work on a 2012 SG? major amount of heat on my wife's right leg. had a retune done that cooled it down some. we also live in Florida too! any other suggestions at all?
Is she complaining about motor or exhaust heat? When is she cooking her right leg while she is riding, idle, back roads, hwy? Is she on the hwy pegs or floorboards?

Old 08-20-2013, 06:38 AM
HDWRENCH
Road Master
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

The mods I listed will work just as well on a your bike

Pull the cat out of the head pipe, even spend a little for ceramic coating on the stock head pipe. and it will make a huge change back to the engine that WILL produce heat with a cam that has negative overlap. There are many cams that can be installed into that engine that will make a huge change. They will allow the engine to run much cooler, better over all usable power.

We just did another stock head pipe I removed cat, then coated outside of stock head pipe, cam was a second hand SE 204. Customer had a PV tuner. This set up runs great, huge drop in felt heat from engine.. Or just buy the new twin cooled model.

Old 05-16-2014, 09:46 AM
MB1953
Cruiser
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Since the last post here was about 9 months ago, I am curious bout where things are now with the new '14 twin-cooled models. I just bought mine a few weeks ago, and I definatelly runs cooler than either of my other previous bikes. HDWRENCH suggested to wait for the '14s... now that I have one, I would like to see the recommended mods. I will have to proceed a little cautiously: financially the new ride made a dent, and from a warranty standpoint I don't want to void anything at this point. Any guidelines?

Old 05-16-2014, 10:20 AM
Mr. Wizard
Administrator
Received 2,035 Likes on 1,103 Posts

I don't have a 14 but have had the pleasure to work on one or two.

Same modifications hold true. Maybe one exception would be the air cleaner. The 14 AC is a larger box that breaths much better and doesn't need to be changed unless you do a moderate to high lift cam.

Can't help you with warranty info... dealers think and act different when it comes to mods.

Old 06-03-2014, 06:25 PM
coronetracer65
Tourer
Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

I have a 2014 Triglide and am experiencing heat when it is 90 degrees + So if I do exhaust and a tuner I can getby with the stock air cleaner ? Thanks . Ebert

Quick Reply: TG Modifications – The ABC’s of Removing Rider Heat A + B = C