Tri Glide, RG3 & Freewheeler Models Freewheeler, RG3 & Tri Glide Enthusiasts. Here is your section of the forum to discuss Harley's Trikes!

Feedback from Tri Glide owners

Old 06-01-2014, 02:22 PM
2011rootbeerUC
Stage I
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Changing Handlebars on Tri Glide

Hello all... I have a 2011 Ultra Classic EG and am considering going to a 2014 Trike as my confidence in holding up 1000-1200 pounds at traffic lights is dropping. I am 60 and have ridden for 40+ years. I love my Wild Ones 12.5" chubbies on my UC, and wanted to know people's experiences changing handlebars on a trike. How much would going to 12.5" bars change the ride/steering. Looking for honest feedback from those who have changed. Thanks!!

Old 06-02-2014, 08:06 AM
Fast Floyd
Intermediate
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Changing Bars

Welcome!

I changed the bars on my bike and my wife's. I have a 2010 Triglide and she has a 2011 Street Glide.

I like the Chubbers with the larger bar. We had to change cables due to length. That adds some costs for sure. I like to be able to "set back" into the back for the long trips we take. Hope that helps. FF

The following users liked this post:
Sportster Kelly (05-22-2016)
Old 06-20-2014, 08:01 AM
Namvet1966
Intermediate
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 2014 Tri Glide

Got my 14 Tri Glide last Saturday, traded my 2009 Gold Wing trike in. I hope that wasn't a mistake, so far I like the Tri Glide but it has only been a week, and I have to admit it is no wing, but does have it's own charm. I put over 20K the first summer I had the wing and never had any problems with it, except a new battery, and the engine power was great, as I pull a Bunkhouse camper. I will have to see how the Tri Glide handles that. I traded for the Tri cause I wanted a factory built trike, not a kit. The wife wanted a touring Spyder, but I went back to HD, my last new one was a 1990 Ultra. So she went and bought her own 2014 RTS SE6 touring. We are both getting the cb's installed, we never had any luck with blue tooth. So when I read the horror stories here, I cringe, if that happens I will be in "I told you so" hell.

Old 06-20-2014, 08:20 PM
woodyt74
Advanced

Originally Posted by Namvet1966
Got my 14 Tri Glide last Saturday, traded my 2009 Gold Wing trike in. I hope that wasn't a mistake, so far I like the Tri Glide but it has only been a week, and I have to admit it is no wing, but does have it's own charm. I put over 20K the first summer I had the wing and never had any problems with it, except a new battery, and the engine power was great, as I pull a Bunkhouse camper. I will have to see how the Tri Glide handles that. I traded for the Tri cause I wanted a factory built trike, not a kit. The wife wanted a touring Spyder, but I went back to HD, my last new one was a 1990 Ultra. So she went and bought her own 2014 RTS SE6 touring. We are both getting the cb's installed, we never had any luck with blue tooth. So when I read the horror stories here, I cringe, if that happens I will be in "I told you so" hell.
Namvet,

Maybe your HD dealer didn't say anything but if you tow that bunkhouse, your HD warranty is void. Lots of discussion on here about that issue. Seem like HD has gotten a lot more strict on warranty in the last few years.

Woody

Old 06-21-2014, 06:43 AM
msocko3
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 138 Likes on 120 Posts

Originally Posted by Namvet1966
Woodyt74 is right on the money, HD is a real stick in the mud when it comes to warranty and trailering. The Triglide will pull your bunkhouse ok, not quite as well as your wing did, you'll have to down shift a lot more for hills.

Old 06-29-2014, 07:33 AM
kuspie
Novice

Hello folks. I pick up my 2014 TG next week. I'm having a few options installed or I'd already have it. Just a few comments if I may. I'm a little bummed that at the cost of the bike itself, it does not have an XM receiver included. Sat radio receivers are stock on just about every new vehicle made today. I purchased the HD XM unit and installed it myself on my '07 Ultra and may do so again down the road on this new TG. Then there's the issue of no CB. I'm not a CB user at all but the bike should at least come with the antenna and not an empty hole on the tourpak. For aesthetics, if nothing else. Wasn't much thought given to customer satisfaction by the factory on those issues - in my honest opinion. I have shorty antennas I bought from from J&M Audio on my '07. If they will work on the new TG I'll just order the necessary stud for the CB side and use them, and re-install the original long ones on the '07. Otherwise I guess I'll just end purchasing both 'shorty' antennas that go on the TG.

That said I'm really looking forward to riding this bike. Like a few others have stated, age, health, etc, is keeping me off the 2 wheels and I miss the road. Wife is excited as well.

Old 07-11-2014, 12:26 PM
cogener8
Road Captain

How exactly did you clean the cat out? I've been lookin but my local dealer's suggested fix is a $2500 deal. Not to attractive on top of a 32K bike.

Old 07-13-2014, 06:18 PM
1st 96 ultra
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

the longer I have it the more I love it , great ride

Old 07-13-2014, 06:20 PM
1st 96 ultra
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by cogener8
How exactly did you clean the cat out? I've been lookin but my local dealer's suggested fix is a $2500 deal. Not to attractive on top of a 32K bike.
I bought a decated head pipe off Ebay and swaped it myself , bought $125

Old 07-14-2014, 08:21 AM
Doylejr
Stage III

I am running a 2014 Tri Glide and have NO hot leg problems at all, only have 2500 miles on it and have NO complaints, looks like they have done things right now...

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Feedback from Tri Glide owners