Tri Glide, RG3 & Freewheeler Models Freewheeler, RG3 & Tri Glide Enthusiasts. Here is your section of the forum to discuss Harley's Trikes!

Servi Car Rear end questions...

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2010, 05:23 AM
car99r
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Servi Car Rear end questions...

I was curious if anyone had any links or information about these old servicar rearends. Mine has the drum brake on both wheels.

It is on an old CB750 trike and I would like to replace the oil and grease since I had it powdercoated and a lot baked out.

I am not having much luck finding any information on fluid amounts, types, etc...

Thanks in advance...

Old 09-25-2010, 04:29 AM
Rsh2Jgmnt
Cruiser

Need more information to be of any help at all. Pics?

Are you certain that it is a servi-car rear end? If it has a Honda power plant; IIRC about 600 CX 500 Trident trikes were built under license in the US by Trident Honda and they did not employ a servi-car rear end (just food for thought).

The servi-car rear ends were greased via fittings, not lube. See discussion thread @ http://www.antiquemotorcycle.org/bbo...r-rear-end-oil.

Does your bike have spoked wheels or solid wheels? Makes a difference in more ways than one. If spoked it's definately not a Honda Trident. In 1937, the servi-car braking system was upgraded to have a drum brakes on each rear wheel. Prior to that there was a single axle brake. Also servi-car introduced 16'' 5 lug automotive style disc rear wheels with wet (hydraulic) brakes in 1951.

If it turns out to be a servi-car there are down-loadable manuals in PDF format located @

Folder name: Servi-car & Related Manuals
Website link: http://www.mediafire.com/folder/6gqa6qykxu09m (group of files)

Also see; Harley-Davidson Data Book by Rick Conner
This book provides first year changes, last year, only year info, options, production numbers, colors, equipment offered, etc. No replacement for "How To Restore Your Harley-Davidson" by Bruce Palmer III, but it is useful as a quick reference, none the less, as this is in searchable PDF format.

File name: Harley-Davidson Data Book Rick Conner.pdf
Download link: http://www.mediafire.com/file/mdzmcmirjyo

Feel free to read or download, "for educational purposes," what you like. Hope you find something here to be of some use to you.

Last edited by Rsh2Jgmnt; 09-25-2010 at 04:34 AM. Reason: typo
Old 09-28-2010, 05:18 AM
car99r
Intermediate

Sorry guys, I should have been more specific. This is an old 70's built Honda CB750 chopper trike. It was built using a Corbin Gentry frame, Servi-car rear end, Corbin Gentry body kit and a Gary Littlejohn gas tank.

Here are a few pics of it as it set last weekend. I have since got the freshly rebuilt motor back in it and working on brakes now.

Old 09-28-2010, 05:20 AM
car99r
Intermediate

I found the grease fitting inside the housing. I am going to replace all of the grease zerts as well. I found one of the bleeder valves snapped off so that will be the first challenge on the brakes. Got new lines and a new master cylinder for it already.

Old 09-28-2010, 05:24 AM
Captain Itch
Sponsor
Received 603 Likes on 326 Posts

cool project..

Old 09-28-2010, 06:29 AM
car99r
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Captain Itch
cool project..
Thanks!

I have built and worked on bikes for years but this is my first trike project. Kind of cool to ressurect an old beast like this one. I bet it seen some good times in it's life.

Here is a pic of how I received it. The guy had been storing it in a car trailer for the past 25 years.