Tri Glide, RG3 & Freewheeler Models Freewheeler, RG3 & Tri Glide Enthusiasts. Here is your section of the forum to discuss Harley's Trikes!

Rear rims

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2011, 01:50 PM
pshea1234
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rear rims

Does anybody know wre i can get rear rims like these

Attached Thumbnails Rear rims-2889515_863bbbf0-8587-4835-ba76-1a7a0efd449e.jpg  
Old 01-13-2011, 03:35 PM
oldmsocko
Club Member
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by pshea1234
I believe that is a Trike conversion kit. You need to find out who manufactured the conversion.

Old 01-13-2011, 04:34 PM
TheJimer
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I doubt if you're going to find anything like that for a TG.

Jim

Old 01-13-2011, 04:57 PM
coupe55
Club Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Proprietary Rims

Originally Posted by TheJimer
I doubt if you're going to find anything like that for a TG.

Jim
Another aggrivating beef I got with HD is coming up with a rim design or pattern that no one else uses. As the aftermarket headpipe I see an opportunity here for an aftermarket wheel business to make some money. I would love to find some chrome reverse rims for the Tri and baby moon hub caps. The black wheels with the baby moon's shown look good also. I have been waiting for someone to give us a better selection of rims before I have these aluminum rims chromed. I hate cleaning these aluminum doughnuts and even if chromed won't like the style.

Old 01-13-2011, 07:39 PM
TheJimer
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by coupe55
Another aggrivating beef I got with HD is coming up with a rim design or pattern that no one else uses. As the aftermarket headpipe I see an opportunity here for an aftermarket wheel business to make some money. I would love to find some chrome reverse rims for the Tri and baby moon hub caps. The black wheels with the baby moon's shown look good also. I have been waiting for someone to give us a better selection of rims before I have these aluminum rims chromed. I hate cleaning these aluminum doughnuts and even if chromed won't like the style.
Coupe, I’m sure that it was no accident that Harley “reinvented the wheel” by designing a unique size, pattern and off-set for the Tri-Glide rear wheel. By doing so, it almost guarantees Harley an exclusive market for chrome wheels.

We were fortunate that our head pipes were similar to the larger population 2-wheel version and it only took minor, relatively inexpensive modifications to make adaptation to the Tri-Glide; otherwise, I think that we would all still be riding 3-wheel furnaces. I suspect that the Tri-Glide wheel market is far too small for after marketers to invest in gearing up for.

Jim

Old 01-13-2011, 10:05 PM
Casper
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 285 Likes on 189 Posts

If you knew someone with a CNC machine, make a aluminum wheel, powder coat it black and slap the baby moons on them...but hold on to your wallet....
I suspect a trike kit, maybe ford or toyota read end...standard wheels in the picture..
as for chrome wheels, I saw on ebay a few selling for all three for around 900.00 to a 1000.00, cheaper with exchange...

Old 01-14-2011, 04:44 AM
oldmsocko
Club Member

Originally Posted by Casper
If you knew someone with a CNC machine, make a aluminum wheel, powder coat it black and slap the baby moons on them...but hold on to your wallet....
I suspect a trike kit, maybe ford or toyota read end...standard wheels in the picture..
as for chrome wheels, I saw on ebay a few selling for all three for around 900.00 to a 1000.00, cheaper with exchange...
I thought I saw that on e-bay but they were around 3,000 for all 3 of them and came with new tires.

Old 01-14-2011, 05:06 AM
Casper
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 285 Likes on 189 Posts

I checked again, 999.00 exchange for all three

Old 01-14-2011, 09:46 AM
zoood
Former Sponsor
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Though I dont have a Tri-glide here to experiment with.
The hub that the tri-glides wheels mount too. Why dont one of you check to see if a pull behind trailer hub will fit. I know there's disc brakes to deal with. But do a search and see what you can come up with. Ive seen other hubs out there that had only 4 lug studs on them. The axles they slide on to are usually a standard size.

zoood

Old 01-14-2011, 01:12 PM
oldmsocko
Club Member

Originally Posted by Casper
I checked again, 999.00 exchange for all three
You must be looking at different rims as the ones I saw were not an exchange.

Quick Reply: Rear rims