Tri Glide, RG3 & Freewheeler Models Freewheeler, RG3 & Tri Glide Enthusiasts. Here is your section of the forum to discuss Harley's Trikes!

HD Trike versus Can Am Spyder

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2011, 11:12 AM
T K Glider
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Good one Coupe, Romney is a skunk who has sent tens of thousands of jobs offshore.Victory has made a trike for sometime.I just feel HD has some unhappy customers and if Indian is made in USA,by Polaris which has the lowest warranty cost of all motorcycle makers ($14) per bike HD has some worries.With HD parts restricted to dealers we will pay more making more resentment.If HD goes to India and brings bikes back here it could be tragic for them as well as us owners.

Old 08-17-2011, 12:11 PM
ssw
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by oldmsocko
I think your bike is just plain gorgeous and runs a close second to mine.
Oldmsocko, your so diplomatic. The RT looks, to me, like one of those Japanese monsters on "Power Rangers". I prefer the classic lines of a Harley pointing in the right direction. Can't comment on how it rides since I've never been on one. For me, it comes up a bit short in the styling department.

"The kid was so ugly, the doctor slapped the mother."

Old 08-17-2011, 01:59 PM
coupe55
Club Member
Default Constructive Criticism

Originally Posted by T K Glider
Good one Coupe, Romney is a skunk who has sent tens of thousands of jobs offshore.Victory has made a trike for sometime.I just feel HD has some unhappy customers and if Indian is made in USA,by Polaris which has the lowest warranty cost of all motorcycle makers ($14) per bike HD has some worries.With HD parts restricted to dealers we will pay more making more resentment.If HD goes to India and brings bikes back here it could be tragic for them as well as us owners.
We call it constructive criticism instead of bitchin, just hoping HD will listen one day and start building them for the buying public instead of the EPA. I ain't gonna buy no Dot Head Harley! You are correct Sir in my opinion, the MOCO is toast when Milwaukee is replaced by Mumbai!

Old 08-17-2011, 07:56 PM
mvengineer
Advanced

I once wrote about the topic and was chastisized here. I will do it again as I am in a unique position of owning both a TG and the other bike ! May be this will benifit objective readers.
They really are two different animals in many aspects. Bottom line for me the TG is a truley touring machine. Couple weeks ago did 1250 miles on the TG with no fatigue, or concern of any kind, just kept riding and having fun. loved every mile of it, just a wonderful trip along the lower penensiula shoreline.
On the other hand, the TG has sat in the garage since the mentioned long trip. Every morning, however, I use the "other bike" for my beautiful 1/2 hour ride to my office, go to lunch and strole back home at the end of the day. Again I love every mile of it, coz as someone mentioned it is more nimble and fun for riding around town. I use it all the time for grocery shopping, since it does have a large trunk in the front and I add a roll bag on the passanger seat. I just traded my yellow S for a 2011 bronze and black stealth color... very nice, but I still love my 09 TG and will not exchange it for 3 Spyders. Again two different animals... you can have a horse and a donkey in a stable I suppose ?!

Last edited by mvengineer; 08-17-2011 at 08:07 PM.
Old 08-17-2011, 09:56 PM
Casper
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 285 Likes on 189 Posts

Originally Posted by mvengineer
I once wrote about the topic and was chastisized here. I will do it again as I am in a unique position of owning both a TG and the other bike ! May be this will benifit objective readers.
They really are two different animals in many aspects. Bottom line for me the TG is a truley touring machine. Couple weeks ago did 1250 miles on the TG with no fatigue, or concern of any kind, just kept riding and having fun. loved every mile of it, just a wonderful trip along the lower penensiula shoreline.
On the other hand, the TG has sat in the garage since the mentioned long trip. Every morning, however, I use the "other bike" for my beautiful 1/2 hour ride to my office, go to lunch and strole back home at the end of the day. Again I love every mile of it, coz as someone mentioned it is more nimble and fun for riding around town. I use it all the time for grocery shopping, since it does have a large trunk in the front and I add a roll bag on the passanger seat. I just traded my yellow S for a 2011 bronze and black stealth color... very nice, but I still love my 09 TG and will not exchange it for 3 Spyders. Again two different animals... you can have a horse and a donkey in a stable I suppose ?!
Exactly!
I love motorcycles, some more than others...but I like most if not all bikes...
Would I buy a Spyder, most likely not...but I can appreciate them just the same.....
Metrics? I like them too...Victory....yeah..like them too..choppers...hell yeah ( although I'm a litttle old to be bouncing down the road)...

I'm just a old Harley lover...just like the way they look and sound...

( crotch rockets?? my belly and the gas tank don't get along)

Old 08-18-2011, 10:45 AM
ZUTEDUFF
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Purple daze....I would suggest letting your daughter ride with you on the soft tail....short trips just to get you both use to it.... see if 2 wheels would work instead of 3....My wife and i adopted two children back 7 years ago....one is 9 now and the other just turned 8...had them on my UC since i bought it a year ago..first bike for me in 29 years.....put the 8 year old on for the first time and he screamed for 10 minutes...now he want's to go everywhere.....The wife's got a Fatboy and we plan on taking some trips when i retire in about 300 days........She's still getting use to the Fatboy and hasn't taken the kids with her yet,,,,but got plenty of time.......

Just a thought......

Old 08-18-2011, 02:42 PM
chickridin
Stage IV

We all have our favorites, whether it be HD or whatever. I just recently bought a used Spyder. I cannot/will not ride a 2 wheel motorcycle, for reasons we won't go into here. I love my Spyder! And, it sits proudly next to our HD Ultra in our garage! Yes, we also have an HD. We recently test rode an HD tri-glide Ultra.....we did not like it at all. But that's our opinion. I would never tell anyone not to buy one. We have rode for years, and have had other makes of motorcycles thoughout those years, but we always come back to HD. I love our Ultra but I wanted to ride my own and this was a great choice for me....and I'm not asking anyone to like it either. I'm also not going to bash your choice. Why would I? Everyone likes different styles. That's what makes life so interesting. Don't like my bike, that's fine, just stop bashing it, it's not nice.

Old 08-18-2011, 03:49 PM
T K Glider
Road Master

Chickridin,
Prolly the best reply I have seen here in a while.When posting in many forums an even in here in other areas of this forum We just don't face the opinionated critics like we see here.If I post about anything I am doing it to get suggestions either post a suggestion or something that may help but keep it to that.To reply to a post regarding a tire or a seat that I like with something negative is Rude and Stupid and to put it in quotes just to take up more space with a three word addendum at the bottom is frickin nuts.Any forum should be very careful not to bash what someone else may like.Membership will shrink and people will not post cause they do not wish to be ridiculed.I am not one to take pledges but if we aren't talking politics I pledge never to criticize something any member here likes.I may suggest or like another item but if you like it it is great by me.

Please do not pm me regarding this,put it right out here,

T K

Old 08-18-2011, 04:05 PM
msocko3
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 138 Likes on 120 Posts

Originally Posted by Casper
Exactly!
I love motorcycles, some more than others...but I like most if not all bikes...
Would I buy a Spyder, most likely not...but I can appreciate them just the same.....
Metrics? I like them too...Victory....yeah..like them too..choppers...hell yeah ( although I'm a litttle old to be bouncing down the road)...

I'm just a old Harley lover...just like the way they look and sound...

( crotch rockets?? my belly and the gas tank don't get along)
I've looked at the Spyder just not my cup of tea, I just can't help looking at one and thinking.....

Old 08-18-2011, 05:27 PM
krw
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

msocko3, that is the same think I think when I see a Spyder. I took one for a ride. No comparison to the Tri Glide. There is the spider lovers forum. This is the Tri Glide forum!!!!!! LOL

Quick Reply: HD Trike versus Can Am Spyder