Tri Glide, RG3 & Freewheeler Models Freewheeler, RG3 & Tri Glide Enthusiasts. Here is your section of the forum to discuss Harley's Trikes!

Appeal of the Trikes

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2011, 08:37 PM
Grizzwood
Tourer
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Appeal of the Trikes

My ex-wife, whom I am still friends with, and I stopped in an HD dealer and she actually tried out a Trike! And, from a woman who hates everything I ever did with motorcycles. These things are comfortable. Are other wives and girlfriends interested in these machines?

Old 03-04-2011, 09:51 PM
coupe55
Club Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Comfortable Ride

Originally Posted by Grizzwood
My ex-wife, whom I am still friends with, and I stopped in an HD dealer and she actually tried out a Trike! And, from a woman who hates everything I ever did with motorcycles. These things are comfortable. Are other wives and girlfriends interested in these machines?
Mine is spoiled and won't ride anything with two wheels now! That is a very stable comfortable platform and most women like them. Either riding shotgun or buying them for themselves, women are driving the trike market to some extent. The Tri gets a lot of looks also, most women like the styling as much as the men. Luggage space, several reasons the Tri Glide appeals to the ladies.

Old 03-05-2011, 05:16 AM
oldmsocko
Club Member
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Grizzwood
My wife loves the TG. I can hardly get out of the drive way without her on it. It is a very comfortable, stable riding bike. We do alot of touring and at the end of the day we are not tired.

Old 03-05-2011, 06:39 AM
Casper
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 285 Likes on 189 Posts

My wife loves the trike, she like the safety, satiability of three wheels, also the fact she is not sitting over the rear wheel, she doesn't feel the bump from the rear tire. The trike is easier for her to get on..I don't have to balance the bike...also the quick turn arounds on the road, the fact gravel is a non issue...a lot of pluses with a trike...do I miss the feel od two wheels in the twists? Sure, that's a fun thing...but the pluses out weigh the minus for us and two up touring...we also pull a Bushtec trailer when we tour....

Old 03-05-2011, 09:06 AM
Buddy WMC
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ditto with us on what everyone else has stated. She likes it even more now that the mods are done.

Old 03-05-2011, 12:45 PM
bronxbill
Road Warrior

Received 453 Likes on 280 Posts

Tell the truth Buddy, who likes it more now that the mods are done, you or her?

Old 03-05-2011, 02:35 PM
icebite1
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

My wife really loves her XXX, we have never ridden double on it.

Old 03-05-2011, 06:56 PM
CWDoc115
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My wife won't ride my EG any more, because she is so much more comfortable on the trike...

Old 03-06-2011, 06:54 AM
Buddy WMC
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by bronxbill
Tell the truth Buddy, who likes it more now that the mods are done, you or her?
Bill,
Actually both of us (lol). She could feel the difference in the power and the engine is much smoother. Makes a big difference two up when leaving a stop light or sign.

Old 03-06-2011, 06:57 AM
oldmsocko
Club Member
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Buddy WMC
Bill,
Actually both of us (lol). She could feel the difference in the power and the engine is much smoother. Makes a big difference two up when leaving a stop light or sign.
Lets face it, you are just a hot rodder

Quick Reply: Appeal of the Trikes