Tri Glide, RG3 & Freewheeler Models Freewheeler, RG3 & Tri Glide Enthusiasts. Here is your section of the forum to discuss Harley's Trikes!

tri glide leans

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2013, 10:31 AM
bootshd
Cruiser
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

After reading this post I checked the body on my 2012 Glide. Strange, but the Right Side is lower by 3/8". If it's nice on Mon I will take a ride over to the dealer and see if they are willing to correct this, if I get the standard "they all are like that" reply I will just bring it home and fix myself.......

Old 07-08-2013, 04:45 AM
ZBear
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My 110 anny leans low on the right side. I made mention of it when I took it in for the 1000K. On the service paperwork I received when I picked it up, the mechanic stated he checked it as well as the other 3 trikes they had on the floor all were low, so it was acceptable. Sounds like where I work, if there is one defect: bad, 1000, OK.

Old 07-11-2013, 06:51 PM
Dogdaz
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Leaning Trike

This is a simple adjustment, and needs to be done if your trike is leaning any amount! The reason is that if this adjustment is off the whole front of the trike is leaning because the rear has two wheels will set level no mater what. It is noticeable at the rear fenders the most, but put a carpenters square against the front brake calipers and they are leaning more than the rear fenders show, so the forks are leaning also. This will cause handling problems and front tire wear and bearing wear in the neck. It is an eight bolt adjustment and they are already slotted. There is a square cutout in the top center frame you use to line up the two frame halves. No rocket science here. There will be a noticeable improvement in handling, it will turn the same in both directions now. My 2011 was off 1 1/2 inches new off the showroom floor. My dealership handled it with no questions asked. I have done two myself since when I was developing the rear lift kit. Thanks, Jerry

Old 07-15-2013, 07:54 PM
bootshd
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Dogdaz
This is a simple adjustment, and needs to be done if your trike is leaning any amount! The reason is that if this adjustment is off the whole front of the trike is leaning because the rear has two wheels will set level no mater what. It is noticeable at the rear fenders the most, but put a carpenters square against the front brake calipers and they are leaning more than the rear fenders show, so the forks are leaning also. This will cause handling problems and front tire wear and bearing wear in the neck. It is an eight bolt adjustment and they are already slotted. There is a square cutout in the top center frame you use to line up the two frame halves. No rocket science here. There will be a noticeable improvement in handling, it will turn the same in both directions now. My 2011 was off 1 1/2 inches new off the showroom floor. My dealership handled it with no questions asked. I have done two myself since when I was developing the rear lift kit. Thanks, Jerry
Thanks for the Heads up on this adjustment. Ever since new I always thought my Trike would turn better to the left than the right. This would make a lot of sense because of the bike not being true.

Going to get my service book out and give the adjusting bolts a look. If I run into any issues could I PM you for a point in the right direction ?

Old 07-16-2013, 04:55 PM
bootshd
Cruiser

Up-Date:

Stopped up to my local dealer (Keystone H-D) the service writer and a mech cam out and looked at my Tri-Glide and said it can be fixed (the lean) will take it back up on the 29th to get the work done under warranty.

Hope it turns out OK....

Old 07-29-2013, 06:03 PM
bootshd
Cruiser

Lean has been taken care of by Dealer under warranty. It was off by just under a half inch (Low) on the right side.

They first checked the frame and it was dead nuts on, After that they checked the body. Indeed it was off.

All work took about two hours or so. Would like to thank Keystone Harley for their efforts......