Tri Glide, RG3 & Freewheeler Models Freewheeler, RG3 & Tri Glide Enthusiasts. Here is your section of the forum to discuss Harley's Trikes!

Fairing Pouch

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2011, 06:18 PM
Roadrunner14
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Good tip on the velcro. I installed them this week and they look great. Very convenient for garage door opener. Thanks all!

bob

Old 09-07-2011, 08:15 AM
Rox
Advanced

Good information. I've thought about three bags, but I took my two bags off my Ultra and put them on my Trike. Got used to the two bags I guess. They clip in easily. I have my garage door opener in one and the other to hold my wallet or cigarettes. Thanks for the info on the torque for the screws, I noticed on my Ultra that they could be overtightened real easily and then you have a problem. So I took it easy on the Trike installing them.

Old 09-07-2011, 11:21 AM
pettifogger1
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just got back from a bike rally and had this absolutely annoying noise. After fooling around for three days trying to figure out if I had an exhaust leak, bad tire or something else and after having checked the fairing pouches by pushing on them when the noise was loudest, I finally pushed the left pouch real hard and the noise stopped. Let it go, noise. Push hard, stopped. The left pouch was generating a high pitched "rattle" than sounded more like something was buzzing. Pulled it off and threw it in the trunk. When you think about it once a snap is snapped the female part is actually sitting in the male portion relatively loose so it can move up and down, left and right and in and out. Gonna need some velcro or silicon glue to hold that pouch from moving around. The right hand pouch is attached at the top, but can swing in and out at the bottom. That one is going to need a little velco/glue as well.

Old 09-08-2011, 08:20 PM
mvengineer
Advanced

Had the tbags installed for a few months. Did scratch the paint of the fairing. Honestly found them useless. Very stiff to open and close espically in cold weather. Too small to hold anything larger than a garage door opener. Too much of a hassell. Took them off and will never replace them again. Just useless clutter as far as I am concerned.

Old 09-08-2011, 08:53 PM
cdestuck
Supporter

Received 211 Likes on 101 Posts

Really like the HD ones on my bike. Easy open in hot or cold weather. And nice for toothpicks, lip balm/spf, foam ear plugs. A couple of bills and change in case a out of state doesnt take EZ PASS.

Old 09-09-2011, 03:05 AM
msocko3
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 138 Likes on 120 Posts

Originally Posted by cdestuck
Really like the HD ones on my bike. Easy open in hot or cold weather. And nice for toothpicks, lip balm/spf, foam ear plugs. A couple of bills and change in case a out of state doesnt take EZ PASS.
+1 I have the HD ones on both my trike and bike. I keep my cell phone in them, gum and toll booth slips when running toll roads.

Old 09-16-2011, 03:07 PM
TaylorMcStrat
Cruiser

Originally Posted by msocko3
+1 I have the HD ones on both my trike and bike. I keep my cell phone in them, gum and toll booth slips when running toll roads.
Got the same ones, but found the far left bag was too big and interfered with my fairing-mounted GPS. Fortunately, it simply unsnaps. So know I am a two-bagger, but it's fine with me. The center one holds my cellphone, and the right one my earplugs and iPod that connects to the radio.