Tri Glide, RG3 & Freewheeler Models Freewheeler, RG3 & Tri Glide Enthusiasts. Here is your section of the forum to discuss Harley's Trikes!

Paul Yaffe Custom Triglide

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2011, 02:30 PM
FLTR2008TRIKE
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Paul Yaffe Custom Triglide

Here are 2 pics I borrowed from Paul Yaffe's Facebook page to show the new Triglide his shop is customizing. He's really slammed it and raked it. The fenders are custom made for wide rear wheels.

Attached Thumbnails Paul Yaffe Custom Triglide-paul-yaffe-trike.jpg   Paul Yaffe Custom Triglide-paul-yaffe-trike-1.jpg  
Old 09-01-2011, 04:27 PM
msocko3
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 138 Likes on 120 Posts

Now that is different, not sure if its my style.

Old 09-01-2011, 06:59 PM
oldmsocko
Club Member
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

It really doesn't do much for me.

Old 09-01-2011, 07:42 PM
BinIdaho
Stellar HDF Member
Received 38 Likes on 34 Posts

Doesn't do anything for me either!! Hope Yaffe doesn't lose his day job!!!

Old 09-01-2011, 09:17 PM
coupe55
Club Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default ?????

Why?????

Old 09-01-2011, 10:19 PM
zoood
Former Sponsor
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I think it stands out. Which I'm sure is the reason he made it that way. To be different and to look different. I see more Tri-Glides out there this year then the past. Which means their catching on. But most of them look the same. Even the chrome add-ons that a lot of the Tri-Glide owners are adding on their trikes. You do that to be different, to fit your tastes. But your all still basically looking the same. Where as this custom trike is different and so is mine and so is Toms to mention a few. Its good to see an OEM machine getting a custom look added to it and not just by chrome store bought doo-dads. Now about the build this guy did. Its way too low for my taste. He will have to be aware of drive-way exits, junk on the road that he may have to straddle. That oil cooler is just waiting on a speed bump.

zoood/RJ

Old 09-02-2011, 12:56 AM
TUFF-IRON
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was riding Baggers when they were called "Geezer-Glides" . Then the Street Glide came out and the custom builders jumped on the bandwagon and all of a sudden Baggers were cool. I think the same thing is going to happen with the Tri-Glide. Just like the baggers some of the designs were not very practical but it did lead to a lot of new parts development that was a plus for riders I'm glad I have mine and it will be interesting to see what they come up with.

Old 09-02-2011, 06:33 AM
oldmsocko
Club Member
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by zoood
I think it stands out. Which I'm sure is the reason he made it that way. To be different and to look different. I see more Tri-Glides out there this year then the past. Which means their catching on. But most of them look the same. Even the chrome add-ons that a lot of the Tri-Glide owners are adding on their trikes. You do that to be different, to fit your tastes. But your all still basically looking the same. Where as this custom trike is different and so is mine and so is Toms to mention a few. Its good to see an OEM machine getting a custom look added to it and not just by chrome store bought doo-dads. Now about the build this guy did. Its way too low for my taste. He will have to be aware of drive-way exits, junk on the road that he may have to straddle. That oil cooler is just waiting on a speed bump.

zoood/RJ
Kind of the way I loook at it is I'm not necessarily looking to be different, just add things that I like. If someone else adds the same bling as I do I just consider that rider to have the same good taste as I do. Everytime someone makes changes to their TG they are just spending more money on an already expensive piece. If someone buys a CVO they are buying one that looks just like all other CVO's.

A person can be different and it will appeal to most folks. Your trike is different but it has great appeal. For what it is worth I certainly would be proud to own it. One of the majhor changes I would do to it is PAINT it all one color.

Last edited by oldmsocko; 09-02-2011 at 06:36 AM.
Old 09-02-2011, 07:42 AM
zoood
Former Sponsor
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by oldmsocko
Kind of the way I loook at it is I'm not necessarily looking to be different, just add things that I like. If someone else adds the same bling as I do I just consider that rider to have the same good taste as I do. Everytime someone makes changes to their TG they are just spending more money on an already expensive piece. If someone buys a CVO they are buying one that looks just like all other CVO's.

A person can be different and it will appeal to most folks. Your trike is different but it has great appeal. For what it is worth I certainly would be proud to own it. One of the majhor changes I would do to it is PAINT it all one color.
I guess you didnt take notice to my trike when we were in MV. I painted it last Feb. Its all black with matching pinstripe. I hadn't changed my picture in here which leads some to think its unfinished or its as far as I have gotten with it. But your guilty of the same thing. Your picture is still the same and misleading to others that cant see the bling you may have added. But I know its the same picture. Be tough to change the picture of the house in the background.

Old 09-02-2011, 07:42 AM
ssw
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Very interesting and pretty cool. Paint, yes and get rid of the parking brake. Detracts from the lines. For me, I like mine just fine.

Quick Reply: Paul Yaffe Custom Triglide