Tri Glide, RG3 & Freewheeler Models Freewheeler, RG3 & Tri Glide Enthusiasts. Here is your section of the forum to discuss Harley's Trikes!

Tri Glide problems

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2011, 03:18 PM
sprinkman
Cruiser
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Our local Dealer had 2 used ones 2009 & 2011 they lasted 2 weeks and the 2009 sold $200.00 cheaper than 2011.

Old 11-21-2011, 08:51 PM
BinIdaho
Stellar HDF Member
Received 38 Likes on 34 Posts

Only used one I saw at dealer in 2010 was because of terminal health issues. Other than that, the TG's don't stay on the showroom floor for long.

Old 11-21-2011, 10:05 PM
screwball
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 100 Likes on 65 Posts

About a month after we bought Vesta her '09, we ran into a couple at a local bike night. Hubby had just bought his wife an identical trike. swapped E mail addresses. When we got back from vacation we E mailed the other couple to see if they wanted to go for a ride. HE E mailed back they had sold the trike, wife really didn't like driving her own and was going back to the back seat. Expensive lesson!

Old 11-25-2011, 11:09 PM
harley0711
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 94 Likes on 80 Posts

I am in the 'possible' market for a trike, Been watching Ebay for three months - Very interesting to follow and see what sells and what does NOT sale..

Old 12-02-2011, 08:07 PM
Mars1
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just got a 2011 Tri-Glide, haven't really had the time to get a good picture of it yet to post. Problems..yes...mine leans about 1 inch to the left. I have done some research on this and it is a problem from assembly. It is not a real problem according to HD to fix, the only problem is getting somone to fix it. My dealer told me it was going to take at least a week because they have never done this before or even seen it. I had to call HD myself, talk to a rep, get a ref #, and have them call the dealer not once but twice to get this scheduled. It has been a hightmare trying to work with my dealer on this but finally have it scheduled for 12-5-11. HD has to teach the techs how to do this repair......this is really reassuring.....I haven't even made my first payment yet....as far as the trike...I love it....getting it worked on, even under warranty....this is a problem ....HD is only giving them 1 day to complete the fix....needless to say I haven't made any new friends during this experience...will let ya'll know how it goes after the 5th....wish me luck.

Old 12-02-2011, 09:04 PM
bullet 10
Tourer

My 2010 leans to left also, been riding it for a year now with no handling problems. Only way you can tell is by measuring it, just as soon leave well enough alone and just ride. I did change the header pipe, mufflers and 30 tooth sprocket all is well.

Old 12-03-2011, 06:42 AM
oldmsocko
Club Member
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Mars1
I just got a 2011 Tri-Glide, haven't really had the time to get a good picture of it yet to post. Problems..yes...mine leans about 1 inch to the left. I have done some research on this and it is a problem from assembly. It is not a real problem according to HD to fix, the only problem is getting somone to fix it. My dealer told me it was going to take at least a week because they have never done this before or even seen it. I had to call HD myself, talk to a rep, get a ref #, and have them call the dealer not once but twice to get this scheduled. It has been a hightmare trying to work with my dealer on this but finally have it scheduled for 12-5-11. HD has to teach the techs how to do this repair......this is really reassuring.....I haven't even made my first payment yet....as far as the trike...I love it....getting it worked on, even under warranty....this is a problem ....HD is only giving them 1 day to complete the fix....needless to say I haven't made any new friends during this experience...will let ya'll know how it goes after the 5th....wish me luck.
We all want to wish you GOOD Luck. You have just started down the path of dealer incompetence.I am fortunate there are 2 good dealers around me and 1 of them is excellent.

Old 12-03-2011, 07:46 AM
Boom
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by bullet 10
My 2010 leans to left also, been riding it for a year now with no handling problems. Only way you can tell is by measuring it, just as soon leave well enough alone and just ride. I did change the header pipe, mufflers and 30 tooth sprocket all is well.
I'm surprised you have a "leaner" with the 2010. This assembly/alignment problem seemed to begin when they moved the the Tri-Glide assembly operation to the York, PA plant. Seems a lot of trike inexperience there at the time. I'm glad you are happy with yours.

Old 12-04-2011, 01:33 AM
DaveLaBenne
Cruiser

Dealers here can't keep them in stock either. Most are sold before they hit the floor. There may be folks out there doin the buy/ride/flip with no lost money like its 1990 again when the MOCO limited supply?

Old 12-04-2011, 06:45 PM
azwiz
Intermediate

bought a 2012 Tri Glide two tone ember red sunglo/merlot a week ago for $1000.00 below MSRP

Quick Reply: Tri Glide problems