Tri Glide, RG3 & Freewheeler Models Freewheeler, RG3 & Tri Glide Enthusiasts. Here is your section of the forum to discuss Harley's Trikes!

Factory vs Conversion Kits

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2011, 08:56 AM
Mr. Wizard
Administrator
Received 2,035 Likes on 1,103 Posts

Coupe.. errr... just who are you?

Old 12-19-2011, 09:11 AM
Mr. Wizard
Administrator

Bigfoot1

Have to put on my Mod hat here and remove your post.

I'm not allowed to let anyone advertise their products here. You have to go through the Site Administrator.

Thx.

Old 12-19-2011, 09:20 AM
RAP
Road Master
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Bigfoot1....Looks like you are about 100 miles from me, next spring we will trike on down and check your place out.

Old 12-19-2011, 10:22 AM
scooty
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Tri Glide

When I was considering converting my Electra Glide or buying a Tri Glide the price was close as these conversions are not cheap and you end up with a half new half old machine with no warranty so I went with the 2011 Tri and I'm glad that I did as this is a great bike with a warranty ( for what it's worth ) NOTE : I have friends with California Side Car kits and they are beautiful but very $$$ so it's ultimately your choice ! ! !

Old 12-19-2011, 11:10 AM
Bigfoot1
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by RAP
Bigfoot1....Looks like you are about 100 miles from me, next spring we will trike on down and check your place out.
Our door Is always open RAP, Later today I'm going to put up some more pics of paint jobs on trikes. I had the privilege not too long ago to tear up another SE street glide. It was a blast! I've been perfecting the paint side as well. BUT, first I'm gonna go read some forum rules so Mr Wizard don't beat me OOWWWWWWW any OOWWWWWW ouchoohhhh oowwwww more.

Old 12-19-2011, 12:23 PM
msocko3
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 138 Likes on 120 Posts

Originally Posted by Mr. Wizard
Can I play too?

Forgive my memory, it isn't that great, but seems both conversations have a lot of the truth.

I'm thinking that HD sent an incomplete build to Lehman where they installed their swing arm assembly and body then sent it back to HD for shipping to their dealerships. This was in 2009 and 2010. 2011 HD took over the complete process.

The frame for the TG is different than a UC from the end of the tank back if you look at them stripped down as I have. The frame is a little different under the seat to the swing arm attachments. Wouldn't this make the TG frame a trike only frame?
Your right on the money, the TG frame is a trike only frame, lots of luck getting it to work with the back half parts of a 2 wheel Ultra Classic.

Old 12-19-2011, 02:26 PM
Mr. Wizard
Administrator

Originally Posted by Bigfoot1
Our door Is always open RAP, Later today I'm going to put up some more pics of paint jobs on trikes. I had the privilege not too long ago to tear up another SE street glide. It was a blast! I've been perfecting the paint side as well. BUT, first I'm gonna go read some forum rules so Mr Wizard don't beat me OOWWWWWWW any OOWWWWWW ouchoohhhh oowwwww more.
The wifey says I punch like a little girl.

I'll PM you the sponsor letter Mods are supposed to spread around so we can keep the doors here open.

Old 12-19-2011, 02:50 PM
Bigfoot1
Road Captain

The wifey says I punch like a little girl.

I'll PM you the sponsor letter Mods are supposed to spread around so we can keep the doors here open.
Got the letter, will behave more appropriately I promise. Lookin into the sponsor thing too. NOW, it's snowin here, gonna get the 07 SE trike out an see how the BFG's get me around. As long as the boss isn't lookin!

Old 12-19-2011, 03:07 PM
Mr. Wizard
Administrator

Thank you sir... taking my Mod hat off now.

Old 12-19-2011, 03:12 PM
Bigfoot1
Road Captain

Thank you sir... taking my Mod hat off now.

SIR??? we've not met. lmfao! But thanks.

Quick Reply: Factory vs Conversion Kits