Tri Glide, RG3 & Freewheeler Models Freewheeler, RG3 & Tri Glide Enthusiasts. Here is your section of the forum to discuss Harley's Trikes!

Tri-Glide Rear Brakes

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2014, 08:09 PM
RedDog10
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So three nightmare months and three master cylinders and a lot of prayers from my friends and my trike was return

So three nightmare months, three master cylinders, a lot of prayers from my friends, and much heartache and hard work on the part of my HD shop and my trike was returned to me today. The service manager said he had it out on two test rides and everything seems to be working good. I will spend the next week riding the hell out of it to be sure. My Canada trip is two weeks out so things are looking up. I was sick with worry that this trip was not going to come off as I had planned but like I said I think everything is working, no thanks to the people at PM. they couldn't have cared less.
All I can say is if this ordeal is finally over and that is yet to be determined, I would say that if anyone gets the notion that they want to change their stock braking system you had best search out the company before hand and read all the forumns. I would say that before I would do this again, that is to purchase a brake kit from Performance Machine I would need to be desperate with no other option available and then I would just be ready for three months plus in utter anguish.
I'll report back when I take the bike out for a ride this weekend.

Old 06-20-2014, 07:15 AM
msocko3
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 138 Likes on 120 Posts

Originally Posted by RedDog10
So three nightmare months and three master cylinders and a lot of prayers from my friends and my trike was return

So three nightmare months, three master cylinders, a lot of prayers from my friends, and much heartache and hard work on the part of my HD shop and my trike was returned to me today. The service manager said he had it out on two test rides and everything seems to be working good. I will spend the next week riding the hell out of it to be sure. My Canada trip is two weeks out so things are looking up. I was sick with worry that this trip was not going to come off as I had planned but like I said I think everything is working, no thanks to the people at PM. they couldn't have cared less.
All I can say is if this ordeal is finally over and that is yet to be determined, I would say that if anyone gets the notion that they want to change their stock braking system you had best search out the company before hand and read all the forumns. I would say that before I would do this again, that is to purchase a brake kit from Performance Machine I would need to be desperate with no other option available and then I would just be ready for three months plus in utter anguish.
I'll report back when I take the bike out for a ride this weekend.
What did your dealer do to fix it?

Old 10-22-2014, 01:03 PM
RedDog10
Novice
Default Performance Machine issue resolved

The good news is that after three bad master cylinders and several months of unnesessary BS and three days before zI was to depart on my 5000+ mile trip that I have planned for a year, my dealer was able to get my brakes working. And they worked flawlessly for the entire trip, and work well still today. My only recommendation to PM would be is they need to be more sensitive to the needs of their customer and respond more quickly and with a better attitude. We all realize that sometimes things manfactured have issues but to treat me the way they did is unforgivable. Now when I do business with someone, my first call is to the BBB to see if the company has any unresolved issues or a history of customer issues. It is too bad that it has to be that way, but the little extra effort in the beginning can go a long way towards having peace of mind.

Old 10-23-2014, 06:48 AM
msocko3
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 138 Likes on 120 Posts

Originally Posted by RedDog10
The good news is that after three bad master cylinders and several months of unnesessary BS and three days before zI was to depart on my 5000+ mile trip that I have planned for a year, my dealer was able to get my brakes working. And they worked flawlessly for the entire trip, and work well still today. My only recommendation to PM would be is they need to be more sensitive to the needs of their customer and respond more quickly and with a better attitude. We all realize that sometimes things manfactured have issues but to treat me the way they did is unforgivable. Now when I do business with someone, my first call is to the BBB to see if the company has any unresolved issues or a history of customer issues. It is too bad that it has to be that way, but the little extra effort in the beginning can go a long way towards having peace of mind.
The sad part is they have known about this problem for a couple years now, they should have solved it a long time ago.

Old 01-17-2015, 04:24 PM
RedDog10
Novice

Re painting my Tri glide.
How much would be an close estimate if I were to have my Tri glide repainted The same color black with maybe some shadow art in the paint. Just looking for an idea