Tri Glide, RG3 & Freewheeler Models Freewheeler, RG3 & Tri Glide Enthusiasts. Here is your section of the forum to discuss Harley's Trikes!

Tri-Glide Rear Brakes

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2012, 09:45 AM
SEAlaskan
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

M3...is your PM master cylinder the same design as mine? If so I think we were given the wrong master cylinder. If you look on PM's web site, trike section, you'll notice that the master cylinder showen has the reservoir forward and hanging over the banjo connector very similar as HD's master cylinder.
Butch

Old 04-07-2012, 09:49 AM
SEAlaskan
Tourer

Originally Posted by SEAlaskan
M3...is your PM master cylinder the same design as mine? If so I think we were given the wrong master cylinder. If you look on PM's web site, trike section, you'll notice that the master cylinder showen has the reservoir forward and hanging over the banjo connector very similar as HD's master cylinder.
Butch
I forgot picture of my PM master cylinder.

Attached Thumbnails Tri-Glide Rear Brakes-p1000718-640x480-.jpg   Tri-Glide Rear Brakes-p1000725-640x480-.jpg  
Old 04-07-2012, 04:35 PM
msocko3
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 138 Likes on 120 Posts

I forgot picture of my PM master cylinder.
I have the exact same one as you do, I never caught that difference. This silence from PM is actually starting to **** me off. My trike is in pieces because I'm working on putting these brake on and now this, not good and I sure hate the idea of installing it just to have to swap the master cylinder. Looks like Monday I may have to call them and see what I can squeeze out of them.

Old 04-07-2012, 08:02 PM
SEAlaskan
Tourer

Originally Posted by msocko3
I have the exact same one as you do, I never caught that difference. This silence from PM is actually starting to **** me off. My trike is in pieces because I'm working on putting these brake on and now this, not good and I sure hate the idea of installing it just to have to swap the master cylinder. Looks like Monday I may have to call them and see what I can squeeze out of them.
Today I emailed Rick Preuss (rpreuss@performancemachine.com), this is the person who I sent the pictures to (who is going to give pics to R&D) and told him I think we have the wrong master cylinder, I will also call Monday also. I can't believe these bozos didn't see the problem right away. I can't believe it took me this long to realize what was wrong.
Butch

Last edited by SEAlaskan; 04-07-2012 at 08:11 PM.
Old 04-08-2012, 05:49 AM
msocko3
Ultimate HDF Member

Today I emailed Rick Preuss (rpreuss@performancemachine.com), this is the person who I sent the pictures to (who is going to give pics to R&D) and told him I think we have the wrong master cylinder, I will also call Monday also. I can't believe these bozos didn't see the problem right away. I can't believe it took me this long to realize what was wrong.
Butch
Shame on them and shame on me also because I've looked at that damn picture on their web site several times and never picked up on it, at least you did.

Old 04-08-2012, 06:07 AM
oldmsocko
Club Member
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by msocko3
Shame on them and shame on me also because I've looked at that damn picture on their web site several times and never picked up on it, at least you did.
That is exactly what happens when you get "OLD".

Old 04-08-2012, 12:12 PM
SEAlaskan
Tourer

Originally Posted by oldmsocko
That is exactly what happens when you get "OLD".
Old . At the age of 65 soon to be 66 I'm still young, at that's what the seniors tell me.
Butch

Here's a picture of what this morning is looking like here. Picture taken off my patio.

Attached Thumbnails Tri-Glide Rear Brakes-p1000764-640x480-.jpg  
Old 04-08-2012, 06:09 PM
oldmsocko
Club Member
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

You are making me jealous. That is some gorgeous scenery. Actually though I was poking at M3 about being "OLD". He is a young PUP compared to you and I. I am older than you but not by very much.

Old 04-08-2012, 06:25 PM
SEAlaskan
Tourer

Originally Posted by oldmsocko
You are making me jealous. That is some gorgeous scenery. Actually though I was poking at M3 about being "OLD". He is a young PUP compared to you and I. I am older than you but not by very much.
I kinda thought you were giving M3 a bad time, thought I would jump on the opportunity.
Butch

Old 04-08-2012, 06:51 PM
msocko3
Ultimate HDF Member

I'm thinking I have bastard Stage 1 kit because the left brake line isn't long enough. What it looks like is there is supposed to be a left side and a right side caliper and me being the lucky fellow I am I have 2 right side calipers because they are identical and the part number on the packages is identical. The pictures are the caliper mounted on the left side and as close as the brake line will come to hooking up, this is really starting to try my patients. So it looks like I'll have more to talk with PM about when I call tomorrow.

Quick Reply: Tri-Glide Rear Brakes