Tri Glide, RG3 & Freewheeler Models Freewheeler, RG3 & Tri Glide Enthusiasts. Here is your section of the forum to discuss Harley's Trikes!

Tri Glide Rear Tires

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2012, 03:50 AM
writeman
Intermediate
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I can agree with Bulkhed because I was riding my 2010 with him, I ordered my rear tires through Diamond Back Classic Tires http://www.dbtires.com/. I ordered mine mainly because I wanted to have 3/8" white walls to match the front tire. Might be worth calling or sending an e mail and see if they have what you want.

Old 12-29-2012, 02:56 PM
daurwid
Tourer

I was hoping to see someone on here have BFG AT/KO tires installed on the rear for better snow traction... What brand tires did those friends go to if they did not use the stock tire on the back?

Old 01-01-2013, 10:26 AM
Flintshooter54
Road Captain
Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

"I was hoping to see someone on here have BFG AT/KO tires installed on the rear for better snow traction..."
Yea but you have to have a balance. Running the AT/KO tires on the back just simply do not work at all with the stock front tire. I believe the recommended replacement for the front tire is a ski.

Old 01-01-2013, 12:42 PM
daurwid
Tourer
Talking

Originally Posted by Flintshooter54
"I was hoping to see someone on here have BFG AT/KO tires installed on the rear for better snow traction..."
Yea but you have to have a balance. Running the AT/KO tires on the back just simply do not work at all with the stock front tire. I believe the recommended replacement for the front tire is a ski.
Awesome lol

Old 01-01-2013, 12:53 PM
oldmsocko
Club Member
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Flintshooter54
If you are going to replace the front tire with a ski you should go all out and put studded snow tires on the rear.

Old 01-01-2013, 02:49 PM
Flintshooter54
Road Captain
Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Well studded snow tires in back require an upgraded ski. I believe it is the one with the carbide inserts.

Old 01-03-2013, 12:41 PM
Snowballs Alaska
Stage III
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Which Tires are best?

My guess the stock tires are not the sport or premium model but I've had no problems with my 2012 Tri-Glide in rain or shine. I have studded snowtires for winter (see pic with GF). But I did encounter hydro-planing on my 2003 Motor Trike. I found that Mickey Thompson tires are absolutely greatt but expensive. I also found that towing a trailer will eliminate hydro-planing.

Attached Thumbnails Tri Glide Rear Tires-new-snowtires-with-aimee.jpg  
Old 01-03-2013, 12:54 PM
daurwid
Tourer

Originally Posted by Snowballs Alaska
My guess the stock tires are not the sport or premium model but I've had no problems with my 2012 Tri-Glide in rain or shine. I have studded snowtires for winter (see pic with GF). But I did encounter hydro-planing on my 2003 Motor Trike. I found that Mickey Thompson tires are absolutely greatt but expensive. I also found that towing a trailer will eliminate hydro-planing.
What brand snow tire is that?

Old 01-04-2013, 03:20 PM
sprinkman
Cruiser
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

What tires would you replace the originals with when it comes time any suggestions.

Old 01-04-2013, 03:37 PM
oldmsocko
Club Member
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I am very happy with the original tires and have already replaced my tires with the original equipent tires.

Quick Reply: Tri Glide Rear Tires