Tri Glide, RG3 & Freewheeler Models Freewheeler, RG3 & Tri Glide Enthusiasts. Here is your section of the forum to discuss Harley's Trikes!

Tri-Glide Lift Kit

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2012, 06:10 PM
sloufoot
Received 4,082 Likes on 3,484 Posts

Originally Posted by screwball
Been a member here and on several other Harley boards for a lot of years. Most other boards people are sharing pictures of trips, handy hints, and just generally enjoying the motorcycle experience. Seems here someone runs out, buys a tri and logs on and complains, never looks to see that the topic has been covered a thousand times. Guess I'm just old and cranky.
Ya know, when someone comes on this board and asks a question, everyone tries to help them. Glad to see that !! Glad to see your help in there also !!
Everyone shares all the same experiences here also, but many times gets "mis-catigorized" and locked to stop further discussion, because there is a proper place for that thread.
If anyone has a concern with their new/used TriGlide I do hope they air that concern right here, anytime !
If anyone enjoys their ride, or wants to share their last/upcoming trek, I do hope they do that also !
There is also a thread about DIY mods on your scoot that fits in real nice where it is at, so why try and have this a mirror of all the rest of the boards here under TriGlides? I personally think everyone does quite good here ! Your input is valued also!
BUT CRAP !! GET A COUPLE HOURS SLEEP ! MAYBE A COLD BREW, BUT RELAX !!

Old 08-22-2012, 07:48 AM
steven62
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just installed the lift kit with the help from Icebite1 and I'm very satisfied with results. Steering is easier and no more drag of the pipes. I find I still need to add 40psi to the shocks with a passenger to prevent what feels like bottom out of shocks. Lowered tire pressure from 34psi to 26psi. Ride is quite comfortable. I recommend the kit to anyone that rides the trike. Well worth the money!!

Last edited by steven62; 08-22-2012 at 08:56 AM. Reason: posted twice
Old 08-22-2012, 07:53 AM
steven62
Novice
Thumbs up 2010 tri-glide

Just installed the lift kit with the help from Icebite1 and I'm very satisfied with results. Steering is easier and no more drag of the pipes. I find I still need to add 40psi to the shocks with a passenger to prevent what feels like bottom out of shocks. Lowered tire pressure from 34psi to 26psi. Ride is quite comfortable. I recommend the kit to anyone that rides the trike. Well worth the money!!

Old 10-12-2012, 04:34 AM
rotcart
Intermediate
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by TriGeezer
I am the OP on this thread, and after buying but never installing the Lift Kit, I decided I like the “54 Buick Roadmaster” drooping rear look of my tri-glide. So, I am selling my never installed 1.25” rear shock lift kit. These are the brackets sold by Dennis at “Tri Glide Stuff”. http://www.tglidestuff.com/RearShockBrackets.html They have all the original packaging, hardware, and instructions. I only opened the box and never installed these brackets.

Dennis sells these, and I bought them, for $170 including shipping. I’ll sell mine for $125 and I’ll pay the shipping.

PM me if you are interested.
If you still have the lift brackets let me know as i am in the market for a set.

Old 06-29-2014, 06:44 PM
nimroh
Stage I
Default Tri Glide lift kit

I have a 2014 Tri Glide. Am very interested in the tGlide lift kit. I have read the post so far and saw no mention of warranty. Does anyone know what effect this lift kit would have on the warranty?

Old 07-02-2014, 04:05 PM
msocko3
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 138 Likes on 120 Posts

Originally Posted by nimroh
I have a 2014 Tri Glide. Am very interested in the tGlide lift kit. I have read the post so far and saw no mention of warranty. Does anyone know what effect this lift kit would have on the warranty?
It shouldn't, but a whole lot depends on if the dealer catches it. If they do and if they want to be a PIA about it there is a possibility they could deny a claim and drop a dime on you to the MoCo who will permanently flag your warranty on the suspension.

Old 07-12-2014, 04:10 PM
CaCruizin
Tourer
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I have just had the DK lift kit fitted to my '14 Trike and it has made a lot difference to the steering which is a lot easier. The trike looks better with the level look and the muffler end caps don' scrape any more.

Anyone who is thinking about getting one won't be disappointed as it is excellent and improves the ride and the handling

Old 07-14-2014, 02:28 AM
DK Custom
Platinum Sponsor
Received 3,940 Likes on 2,295 Posts

Originally Posted by CaCruizin
I have just had the DK lift kit fitted to my '14 Trike and it has made a lot difference to the steering which is a lot easier. The trike looks better with the level look and the muffler end caps don' scrape any more.

Anyone who is thinking about getting one won't be disappointed as it is excellent and improves the ride and the handling
Always good to hear from happy Customers!

May you have many miles of smiles on your '14 TG.

DKCustomProducts.com
Call/Text: 662-252-8828
Email: Support@DKCustomProducts.com

Old 07-14-2014, 05:32 PM
Raxus
Road Warrior
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

My dealer installed mine. All they did was compliment me on tGlide's (Dennis) lift. Said it was a huge improvement!

Rax

Old 07-28-2014, 09:35 PM
Namvet1966
Intermediate
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Curious as to how many did the install themselves and how hard was it and for the ones that had the dealer do the install, what was the cost or how many hours of labor did they charge?

Quick Reply: Tri-Glide Lift Kit