Tri Glide, RG3 & Freewheeler Models Freewheeler, RG3 & Tri Glide Enthusiasts. Here is your section of the forum to discuss Harley's Trikes!

Tri-Glide Lift Kit

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2014, 10:16 PM
Raxus
Road Warrior
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Charged me 40 mins @ $60/hr

Rax

Old 07-28-2014, 11:05 PM
DK Custom
Platinum Sponsor
Received 3,940 Likes on 2,295 Posts

Originally Posted by Namvet1966
Curious as to how many did the install themselves and how hard was it and for the ones that had the dealer do the install, what was the cost or how many hours of labor did they charge?
It's a pretty straightforward install, comes with step-by-step instructions. Most folks take 1-2 hours for home install.

Most of the dealers we work with charge 1 hour at anywhere between $80 - $95 an hour.

You can email Support@DKCustomProducts.com and ask for a PDF of the instructions to be emailed you if you'd like to look at them.

Lift Kit Choices HERE

DKCustomProducts.com
Call/Text: 662-252-8828
Email: Support@DKCustomProducts.com

Old 07-29-2014, 12:39 PM
Casper
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 285 Likes on 189 Posts

Dennis
I'm going to put one of your lift kits on my 2014 TG, wife and I are not small so going with the standard kit, but I still don't understand how one kit differs from the other. I understand the different weight and such, but how does one kit make it a comfort lift and the other not. Are they the same? Is one made different from the other? Different size, different bolt pattern?

Thanks

Old 07-29-2014, 01:41 PM
Casper
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 285 Likes on 189 Posts

Thanks for the PM explaining things...great!

Old 07-29-2014, 07:48 PM
Cets-TriGlide
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Curious as to how many did the install themselves and how hard was it and for the ones that had the dealer do the install, what was the cost or how many hours of labor did they charge?
Had a Tglide stuff lift kit installed by my dealer, one hour $100.00. Easier for me, they have the lift for the trike, no warranty issues etc...

Old 07-30-2014, 07:48 AM
PJ73USAF
Novice
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Same Question?

Originally Posted by Casper
Dennis
I'm going to put one of your lift kits on my 2014 TG, wife and I are not small so going with the standard kit, but I still don't understand how one kit differs from the other. I understand the different weight and such, but how does one kit make it a comfort lift and the other not. Are they the same? Is one made different from the other? Different size, different bolt pattern?

Thanks
I too would like to know the difference,please explain.

Old 07-30-2014, 12:13 PM
DK Custom
Platinum Sponsor
Received 3,940 Likes on 2,295 Posts

Originally Posted by PJ73USAF
I too would like to know the difference,please explain.
DK Custom Products has two versions of the Tri-Glide Lift Kit.

Standard Tri-Glide Lift Kit

Comfort Tri-Glide Lift Kit

They both bolt up the same, and look the same as the OEM Shock Brackets...until you put a ruler to them. They have slightly different shock mounting positions.

The difference between the Standard Lift Kit and the Comfort Lift Kit is that the Comfort lift changes the angle of the shock just a little bit (well within MFG. specs). What this does is give the swingarm a bit more leverage on the shock so that it will absorb more of the road imperfections, resulting in a plusher, smoother ride. (you may remember when Motorcycle Mfg. started doing this on motorcross bikes decades ago. This is a time-proven method to get a better ride. Harley does it to this day on many of their Dyna Models)

The Comfort Lift should only be used on Tri-Glides that do not exceed a Passenger/Rider/Luggage combined weight of 540 lbs. You can see full details on both kits by clicking on the links above.

DK Custom Products is The Sponsor of the Tri-Glide Forum on HDForums and is committed to making Quality Products for all Harley's, providing Fast Shipping and Superior Customer Service.

Old 07-30-2014, 06:43 PM
MB1953
Cruiser
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Did the install of the Comfort Lift myself. Took about two hours, no real issues. The ride and handling improvements made this one of the best investments in my TG!

Old 07-31-2014, 02:41 PM
Rainmore
Stage IV
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lift kit

After reading all posts, I installed set of lift kit on my 2014 triglide. Easy install, do right side (when sitting on trike) first as its easier and you can experiment on which mounting bolt to install first to swing entire lift plate in place. Left side with parking brake you can remove entirely (parking brake assembly) as suggested in instructions or remove one bolt on parking brake assembly closest to wheel and loosen other and "swing" assembly out of way while you install left plate. Noticed first that I could see over windshield. Windshield top edge was right in my comfort zone of sight as I had thought about adding a taller windshield. It will raise trike up 1 1/2". Reset air shock press since you have to let all air out to install lift kit. Rode trike w/wife as passenger and noticed STEERING is better and easier especially at normal road speeds 45-75 mph. At slow speeds you still work the bars to turn and no difference. Handling nah... no difference but this is adjustable with your air shocks etc. Looks better though instead of a tail dragger.

Old 10-03-2014, 03:07 PM
CaCruizin
Tourer
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Looking at the Harley picture of the '15 Triglide it is either an illusion or they have been lifted by the factory.
I wonder if they bought one, tried it out and came to the conclusion it rides better?

Quick Reply: Tri-Glide Lift Kit