Tri Glide, RG3 & Freewheeler Models Freewheeler, RG3 & Tri Glide Enthusiasts. Here is your section of the forum to discuss Harley's Trikes!

2012 TGlide Trunk Latch Thought

Old 11-03-2012, 06:02 AM
oldmsocko
Club Member
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by hoffmd53
Adjust the pin portion of the latch which is on the lid should stay shut.
+1 on the adjustment.

Old 11-05-2012, 11:09 AM
cochon
Road Warrior
Received 43 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by Buddy WMC
BTW,
Stoddard solvent was what we used to clean all of our .30 cal,.50cal and 20mm aircraft guns with in Nam.
Exactly!!!!!

Old 11-05-2012, 02:31 PM
Noble Jim
Road Master
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Mine Was Bad Too

Originally Posted by TriGeezer
From the begining, I had trouble shutting my trunk, and having the latch engage to keep it closed. I worked around this by pressing in the release button and then shutting the trunk.

Then my brain kicked in. I recalled reading some stuff on this forum about the latch breaking, and thought of my experience. As my brain slowly engaged...I thought what would happen if we just slammed the trunk a bit harder? That should get the little latch bugger to move up and capture the chamfered plunger thingy. But, as my brain got more speed... I thought this would certainly put a lot of impact stress on the whole latch mechanism.

Then I thought of one of the basic rules of engineering: "If it is supposed to move and it doesn't spray it with WD40". So I did...and now it works smoothly and latches perfectly with just a little lovn shove!

500 miles later I have yet to not be able to close the trunk with a little shove...and have not had anyone look admiringly at my beautiful rig and say "Hey dude! Your trunk is open!"...

Mine wouldn't close without slamming it. While riding one day, a cager pointed at my trunk, it was open. I don't think I lost anything. Later, I tried to lock it and the lock popped out. The dealer replaced it. No problems since.