Tri Glide, RG3 & Freewheeler Models Freewheeler, RG3 & Tri Glide Enthusiasts. Here is your section of the forum to discuss Harley's Trikes!

heated grips on a 15

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2015, 02:44 PM
LKHA
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default heated grips on a 15

Have found the horror stories of trying to install them on the 14s and wondering if the corrected it on the 15s. Have to change out left side for the PTT for the CB.

Old 01-27-2015, 04:03 PM
FuzzyWuzHe
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just got my gerbing heated gloves ... they run on batteries or on bike battery ... went on a ride this morning and these lasted about 2 hrs on their batteries, haven't hooked up the battery connection to the tg yet ... I got tired of spending money for the next owner to enjoy ... these I get to keep

Old 01-27-2015, 04:22 PM
LKHA
Road Captain

I have the Gerbing and enjoy them but the grips would be nice not having to buy battery or be plugged in

Old 01-27-2015, 06:02 PM
coronetracer65
Tourer
Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by LKHA
Have found the horror stories of trying to install them on the 14s and wondering if the corrected it on the 15s. Have to change out left side for the PTT for the CB.
Horror stories is Bull , I was afraid to do it also on my 2014 but after getting a price quote and talking to a tech , decided to try it myself. Follow directions in the grip package and a little common sense and it was pretty easy. Not saying everybody could do it though. Their kits fit many models and all parts are not used . Ebert

Old 01-27-2015, 06:55 PM
LKHA
Road Captain

Then I will accomplish

Old 01-27-2015, 11:39 PM
screwball
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 100 Likes on 65 Posts

LKHA and Fuzzy
Not wanting to steal this thread, BUT wife and I were at a local dealer Thursday. First time I've seen a blue and white trike up front and personal. BEAUTIFUL paint job. The silver flake in the white really pops in the sunlight.

Old 01-28-2015, 08:29 AM
LKHA
Road Captain

Thanks screwball

Old 01-28-2015, 09:11 AM
Fearless (old nickname)
Road Master
Received 115 Likes on 103 Posts
Default Is black still the Fastest?

Well I like the white and blue also but screwball says black is the fastest! must be in the book just sayin'. ride safely fearless

Old 01-28-2015, 09:16 AM
coronetracer65
Tourer
Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

Then I will accomplish
LKHA the instruction I had told me to run harness from left grip thru bars to hang out right side. That is not possible with fly by wire throttle , the only thing to do on the right grip is change grip and plug heated grip into fly by wire module on the end. The left side I used the longest supplied harness and fished in through the handlebars to the center where there is an exit hole . There is a unused plug on the right side of fairing that also is connected to the fly by wire module ( hench connecting both grips together) that I plugged into. Hardest part of job was removing fuel tank and rotating inner fairing , but wasn't that difficult. If you don't have service manual please get one it is worth the money. Ebert

Old 01-28-2015, 02:50 PM
FuzzyWuzHe
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks screwball
Ditto ... I originally ordered a 2015 Limited in Amber Whiskey and Black ....

Right after that the white and blue trike came in ... I told the dealer that if that trike was still there when my retirement money came through ... he could keep the limited ... it was almost three months ... guess it was meant to be. I've always liked white vehicles ... especially bikes ... way easier to keep clean ... Loved my 2011 Ultra (Vivid Black) but 5 minutes after I washed it, it was dusty again ... very dry here and the static electricity draws the dust like a magnet.

Quick Reply: heated grips on a 15