Tri Glide, RG3 & Freewheeler Models Freewheeler, RG3 & Tri Glide Enthusiasts. Here is your section of the forum to discuss Harley's Trikes!

2013 Triglide

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2013, 05:06 AM
Door Gunner
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by DK Custom
Welcome to the Forum!

There are a few exhaust mfg. that have made headers for the Tri-Glide that do not follow the same line as the stock headers...ie. they don't jog down as far under the swingarm.

If that is the case with the V&H headers you have, then the lift kit will cause the swingarm to hit the header.

I have talked to a couple of MFG. about this and one of them has already changed their TG header design to match the stock header configuration.
Kevin, I have installed your lift kit and I am very happy with it. My question is you reference header pipes manufacturers that have a concern with the swing arm contacting the exhaust when the lift kit is installed. Do you know if this is a problem with Fuel Moto or Fuelsac?

Old 01-03-2013, 06:12 AM
icebite1
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

FuelMoto uses the original crossover so no clearance problems. I beleive Fulsac does also but not positive.

Old 01-03-2013, 08:06 AM
Buddy WMC
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ditto on what Ice stated, the Fuelmoto exhaust bolts right on with no problems.

Old 01-03-2013, 09:58 AM
SEAlaskan
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Fulsac also uses TG stock cross over.
Butch

Old 01-03-2013, 11:23 AM
DK Custom
Platinum Sponsor
Received 3,931 Likes on 2,288 Posts

Originally Posted by Door Gunner
Kevin, I have installed your lift kit and I am very happy with it. My question is you reference header pipes manufacturers that have a concern with the swing arm contacting the exhaust when the lift kit is installed. Do you know if this is a problem with Fuel Moto or Fuelsac?
I too know that the FuelMoto is good. I have not heard/seen anything about the Fuelsac until this thread where SEAlaskan says it is good.

DKCustomProducts.com
Call/Text: 662-252-8828
Email: Support@DKCustomProducts.com

Old 01-03-2013, 12:30 PM
oldmsocko
Club Member
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Buddy WMC
Ditto on what Ice stated, the Fuelmoto exhaust bolts right on with no problems.
It should bolt right on. M3 sent them my exhaust off my 2009 to model theirs from.

Old 01-05-2013, 08:59 PM
Terry Leitzke
1st Gear

I bought my 2013 trike and the dealer reccomended the Vance and Hines 2-1-2 header with 4" Rineharts to get rid of heat and better performance. The lift kit from DK they did not have in stock. So I had them order it. I thought I could put the lift kit on myself but after taking a floor jack and raising the rear tires off the ground, I discovered there is only 1/4" clearance where the Z or S pipe jogs down and comes close to the swing arms. The dealer says they have to cut 2" off each side of the curved pipes to move them forward then weld 2" back on the other side. basically what they have to do is shift the bend 2" farther upstream to allow for the clearance the DK lift will move the swing arm down. No mention of this in the DK instructions! Now I have to bring the bike back in again and pay over $200 just to modify the pipes that they just put on.

Old 01-06-2013, 03:16 PM
Skeet7373
Road Master

I don't know about the DK lifts, mine are form tglidegoodies.com, a Fullsac head pipe, Stock HD cans with Fullsac baffles and it all fit perfectly. I had the lifts installed first, then 7 months later had the fullsac parts installed. I watched the entire install, while drinking rootbeer, and it all went on smoothly, no issues.

Old 01-06-2013, 06:12 PM
DK Custom
Platinum Sponsor
Received 3,931 Likes on 2,288 Posts

Originally Posted by Terry Leitzke
I bought my 2013 trike and the dealer reccomended the Vance and Hines 2-1-2 header with 4" Rineharts to get rid of heat and better performance. The lift kit from DK they did not have in stock. So I had them order it. I thought I could put the lift kit on myself but after taking a floor jack and raising the rear tires off the ground, I discovered there is only 1/4" clearance where the Z or S pipe jogs down and comes close to the swing arms. The dealer says they have to cut 2" off each side of the curved pipes to move them forward then weld 2" back on the other side. basically what they have to do is shift the bend 2" farther upstream to allow for the clearance the DK lift will move the swing arm down. No mention of this in the DK instructions! Now I have to bring the bike back in again and pay over $200 just to modify the pipes that they just put on.
Originally Posted by Skeet7373
I don't know about the DK lifts, mine are form tglidegoodies.com, a Fullsac head pipe, Stock HD cans with Fullsac baffles and it all fit perfectly. I had the lifts installed first, then 7 months later had the fullsac parts installed. I watched the entire install, while drinking rootbeer, and it all went on smoothly, no issues.

Unfortunately some exhaust MFG. have made systems for the TG that do not follow the stock clearances.

Does not matter which lift kit you use, if you add space between the frame and the the swingarm (which is what all lift kits do) then an exhaust system running tighter clearances is going to have a problem.

Seems like the dealer is making you pay for their learning experience to not combine non-compliant headers with a lift kit.

Old 01-07-2013, 12:43 PM
iaff84
Tourer
Received 53 Likes on 25 Posts

The V&H fitment issue has also been raised to me. One dealer just installed a different make pipe and the other customer trimmed header in that case. I did not get info on exactly where pipe was trimmed. At the time it was only issue raised on this pipe setup and after literally hundreds of these being sold and installed, I felt it must have been related to this isolated case.
I have heard both sides to this, they fit with no adjustment and in the one case, pipe needed trimmed.
My contact with V&H only got the basic response, they fit all bikes (trikes) they tested.
Dennis Swan

Quick Reply: 2013 Triglide