Tri Glide, RG3 & Freewheeler Models Freewheeler, RG3 & Tri Glide Enthusiasts. Here is your section of the forum to discuss Harley's Trikes!

Who is best company to use to build a better seat?

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2016, 08:51 PM
BearG
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Who is best company to use to build a better seat?

Hi all just wanted to know if you guys can suggest a company that can customize a seat. I'm 5'11" and my wife is 4'7" so all she gets to see is my back. Lol anyway I'm hoping to find someone to build up my stock or hammock seat to get her a better view. A little more comfort for both of us would be nice as well. Thanks

Old 08-25-2016, 09:50 PM
xjjeep96
Intermediate

http://www.ccseats.com/ are really good. also Mean City www.meancitycycles.com

Old 08-26-2016, 05:19 AM
msocko3
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 138 Likes on 120 Posts

Had Day-Long do the seat on my Wing http://www.day-long.com/, it wasn't cheap but it sure is comfortable.

Old 08-26-2016, 07:26 AM
medicmike
Cruiser
Received 43 Likes on 31 Posts

I have a bad case of gone-*** and a bad back, no *** at all. I took my seat to a local shop after asking around a few car dealers who did good work. Took in the seat and explained my problem. He was able to sculpt out foam in places putting my legs closer together, back and deeper in the seat. Then added a gel pad covered with memory foam. Butt real happy for about $100.00. He told me he moves people up, down, forward, back, and about any option you like, BUT; you have to remember your seat bucket, frame, or what ever it's called does limit how much you can do with the seat you have now. Always an option before sending it off or new seat. Good luck and both butt's will be happy!

Old 08-26-2016, 07:33 AM
Sticks24
Road Warrior
Received 380 Likes on 191 Posts

CORBIN. If you can go there in person, you will get the best seat you can buy.

Old 08-26-2016, 12:44 PM
Raxus
Road Warrior
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by msocko3
Had Day-Long do the seat on my Wing http://www.day-long.com/, it wasn't cheap but it sure is comfortable.

Another vote for Russel Day Long seats. It won't win you any beauty awards but it sure is one damn fine seat. A lot of the Iron Butt guys run on them for a reason!

Rax

Old 08-27-2016, 08:16 AM
guitar
Cruiser

I had my stock seat rebuilt at Mean City Cycles/Seats and they did a great job for me. I got uncomfortable quick, explained what my problems were, went with the gel foam and memory foam option and love it. They were very knowledgeable, easy to talk to and listened so they could make the best recommendations. I know there are others out there but I am very pleased with my choice.

Old 08-27-2016, 03:03 PM
TheBobs
Road Master
Received 33 Likes on 25 Posts

You cannot go wrong with Russell Day Long by Russell Cycle Products. I went to Shasta Lake, CA and had it made while I waited. Because of that, I got to watch how they do it. The secret with their design is the spring system and foam density is matched to your body weight. I have around 35K on my RDL. I've ridden from California to Rhode Island and back, 500-600 miles per day. Rode an Iron Butt Saddle Sore 1000 and Bun Burner 1500 consecutively on the same trip. I had an Air Zeppelin on my SE Road King and a Corbin on my Triumph Rocket III. Both are good seats, but can't hold a candle to the RDL.

Spend the money, go there if you can, mail it to them if you can't. You won't be dissatisfied. As a matter of fact, I've been on HD forum for 7 years and only 1 person in all that time was dissatisfied.

The following users liked this post:
msocko3 (08-27-2016)
Old 08-27-2016, 04:49 PM
Sticks24
Road Warrior
Received 380 Likes on 191 Posts

The only problem with Russel is they seem incapable of making a seat that you can actually look at without cringing. They seem all function over form.

Old 08-27-2016, 05:11 PM
msocko3
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 138 Likes on 120 Posts

Originally Posted by Sticks24
The only problem with Russel is they seem incapable of making a seat that you can actually look at without cringing. They seem all function over form.
The seat they did for my 2012 Wing looks exactly like the stock seat, just a whole heck of a lot more comfortable.

Quick Reply: Who is best company to use to build a better seat?