Tri Glide, RG3 & Freewheeler Models Freewheeler, RG3 & Tri Glide Enthusiasts. Here is your section of the forum to discuss Harley's Trikes!

Handling & Safety Concern if using a Lift Kit on TriGlide

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2013, 01:24 PM
PopDukes
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Handling & Safety Concern if using a Lift Kit on TriGlide

Hi Gang,

Been gone along time, but now back. Have heard good and bad about using a lift kit on my 2009 TG. Does anyone have experience regarding handling issues and/or safety concerns? Am considering this mod as am tild it does make steering a bit easier?

Thank you in advance for any feedback. Happy Holiday's.

Pops

Old 12-05-2013, 01:54 PM
TimAT
Advanced

Nothing but good things from me- I put DK's lift on my '11. Handles better, ride is better, rear seat nagavator is much happier. Life is good- except it's 10* here today and a little snow and ice last night.

Old 12-05-2013, 02:42 PM
msocko3
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 138 Likes on 120 Posts

I installed the lift from Tglidestuff.com on both the 2010 Triglide I had and my dads 09 Triglide. I'm a pretty aggressive rider and never found a single thing unsafe about the lift, I actually feel it improved the handling. Not to mention with the lift installed the trike no longer looked like a dog trying to scratch and itch brought on by a case of worms.

Old 12-05-2013, 05:14 PM
Noble Jim
Road Master
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Welcome back. I used DK's lift kit on my 2012. No problems what so ever.
Ride on.

Old 12-05-2013, 07:45 PM
TonyHoltz
4th Gear

Just installed t-glides lift kit on my 2014 tri-glide and couldn't believe how much better and easier the steering and handling, and the ride is even better. Also now I don't drag my pipes. T-glide or DK lifts are a must add on as far as I'm concerned. No more led sled look.

Last edited by TonyHoltz; 12-05-2013 at 07:47 PM.
Old 12-05-2013, 09:49 PM
TwinCooled
Banned
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by TonyHoltz
Just installed t-glides lift kit on my 2014 tri-glide and couldn't believe how much better and easier the steering and handling, and the ride is even better. Also now I don't drag my pipes. T-glide or DK lifts are a must add on as far as I'm concerned. No more led sled look.
Post a pic please.

Old 12-08-2013, 09:50 AM
cochon
Road Warrior
Received 43 Likes on 32 Posts

I installed Tglide stuff lift kit on my 2012 Tri last Spring. I put about 2500 miles on it around home and then I took an 8500 mile trip towing a trailer. I've got to say that the lift kit is probably the best accessory that you could add to your TriGlide. The bike handles much better, the steering is more responsive. The kit lifted the rear of the bike up where it belonged and, after I built a shim for the TourPak, the bike looks level. I could be wrong, but, I think that there is a little more braking power up front now. The better ride is because I am now able to lower the air pressure in the shocks. In the end, I'm very satisfied with the lift kit from Tglide stuff, but, I'm equally sure that the lift kit that DK puts out is a very well made product. I don't think that you can go wrong either way that you decide to go.

Old 12-08-2013, 09:39 PM
Scorpio49
Cruiser

Will the dealer install this and if so how many hours would it take them. Will I hear the item will void the warranty?

Old 12-08-2013, 10:05 PM
sloufoot
Received 4,081 Likes on 3,483 Posts

Originally Posted by Scorpio49
Will the dealer install this and if so how many hours would it take them. Will I hear the item will void the warranty?
Some dealers carry the lifts in stock. Other dealers are afraid if you mount your trike from the right you will void the warranty! I haven't heard of any problems at all with the warranty from anyone about these. These pieces really can't be easily detected unless you actually do some measurements & compare them to a stock set. They look just alike.
DK Custom has a comfort lift also if you don't always overload or really get aggressive with your rides. It does the same lift, but a smoother ride.
If you can't do the install yourself usually it seems to be about 1.5-2 hrs charged.

Old 12-08-2013, 11:03 PM
DK Custom
Platinum Sponsor
Received 3,939 Likes on 2,294 Posts

Here's a short video intro of our ride up to Alaska and back. We were two-up, fully loaded, and running the Comfort Lift. Short of a race track, I doubt you will find more grueling conditions that some we experienced.

We had no issues with the handling.

DKCustomProducts.com
Call/Text: 662-252-8828
Email: Support@DKCustomProducts.com

Quick Reply: Handling & Safety Concern if using a Lift Kit on TriGlide