Tri Glide, RG3 & Freewheeler Models Freewheeler, RG3 & Tri Glide Enthusiasts. Here is your section of the forum to discuss Harley's Trikes!

Tri-Glide Issues-2014 Trikes And Newer Rushmore Trikes

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2014, 05:48 AM
hambone51
Cruiser
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Posted in February if anyone was having problems with coolant puking and just wondering if any problems out there since. Will be ordering a `15 Triglide soon and want to make sure before I spend WAY TOO MUCH money on this thing.

Old 08-20-2014, 06:00 AM
hedgie57
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

2014 TG took delivery in February.Have had 0 problems.

Old 08-20-2014, 06:01 AM
piney
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default footboard ext.

mwessel thank you for the info . Gary D where did you get yours?

Old 08-20-2014, 08:08 AM
GARY DYER
Elite HDF Member

Received 689 Likes on 412 Posts

Originally Posted by piney
mwessel thank you for the info . Gary D where did you get yours?
Jim at

Customer Service URL: http://www.soos-kits.com
Customer Service Email:
soos-kits@comcast.net
Customer Service Phone:
978-994-0298

Got his info from this forum. Lots of good recommendations here.
He was the first one to have a complete set. Others don't have a set for the '14 TG due to the foot brake, but Jim came up with a solution. I even installed it myself, it's that easy.

Old 08-20-2014, 08:10 PM
piney
6th Gear

GaryDyer thank you!

Old 08-23-2014, 03:57 PM
imieiw
Stage II
Default 3000 Miles and still lovin it

Haven't been on a bike since the accident. Got dragged to Myrtle Beach where I got to rent a 2014 Triglide. Bought one the next month. No regrets. No issues even after a 1400 mile trip fully loaded. Lots of twistys up and down 3 mountains. I even was able to bluetooth my phone and make a call. Load and clear, both ends. Once you get used to the system it works great. Gps too.
I really wish they left the lighter where it belonged or have one thats not just a power port. I guess I can't smoke while I ride anymore.
Still can't find a cupholder that I like that works. The hydraulic clutch gets in the way. I saw one that attaches to the frame but I can't remember where.
Remember, keep you feet up

Old 08-24-2014, 01:12 AM
GARY DYER
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by imieiw
Haven't been on a bike since the accident. Got dragged to Myrtle Beach where I got to rent a 2014 Triglide. Bought one the next month. No regrets. No issues even after a 1400 mile trip fully loaded. Lots of twistys up and down 3 mountains. I even was able to bluetooth my phone and make a call. Load and clear, both ends. Once you get used to the system it works great. Gps too.
I really wish they left the lighter where it belonged or have one thats not just a power port. I guess I can't smoke while I ride anymore.
Still can't find a cupholder that I like that works. The hydraulic clutch gets in the way. I saw one that attaches to the frame but I can't remember where.
Remember, keep you feet up
When I use to smoke, I bought a couple battery powered lighters. Size of a Bic lighter, Had a button you pulled down with your thumb and a door opened and a heating element turned on like a regular car/bike lighter. Worked like a charm for me. Lit my cigarette no matter how fast I was going.

Old 08-25-2014, 06:25 PM
phlatkat
4th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

As to the cup holder, check this out www.hogtrough.com It's a large upholder that is attached to a "Replacement, lockable lower faring door. It's easy to reach, and comes with an insulated ring for water bottles, a large insulated cup and a water bottle with insulator cover. Make sure you get the one for 2014 bikes. They did a good job matching the the shape and finish. Had one on the Ultra and now on my trike. Love it.

Old 08-26-2014, 07:54 AM
GARY DYER
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by phlatkat
As to the cup holder, check this out www.hogtrough.com It's a large upholder that is attached to a "Replacement, lockable lower faring door. It's easy to reach, and comes with an insulated ring for water bottles, a large insulated cup and a water bottle with insulator cover. Make sure you get the one for 2014 bikes. They did a good job matching the the shape and finish. Had one on the Ultra and now on my trike. Love it.
That's still too far for me to reach down(I never put anything in those cubby holes either - installed woofers instead). I have my cup holder right by the right side of the windshield. The tumbler I have is insulated and a pop up lid with a 90* rubber straw. That way I don't have to tilt my head back to take a sip. My eyes are on the road 100% of the time. I liked that tumbler so much, I bought all the ones on the shelf at Target....just in case I lost one.

Old 08-27-2014, 06:49 AM
Merri1
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

For floorboard extensions, I used SOOS and was happy with the results.

For a cup holder, I used the Kuriakyn one with the basket that attaches to the left side of the handlebars. I had it on my 2012 Limited. It's on a bit of an angle but works for me. I hate to put perfectly good parts into my used parts bin.

Quick Reply: Tri-Glide Issues-2014 Trikes And Newer Rushmore Trikes