Tri Glide, RG3 & Freewheeler Models Freewheeler, RG3 & Tri Glide Enthusiasts. Here is your section of the forum to discuss Harley's Trikes!

Tri-Glide Issues-2014 Trikes And Newer Rushmore Trikes

Old 04-01-2014, 01:19 PM
Raxus
Road Warrior
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Raxus
Having trouble with my left paddle. It will not fast forward to next song. It will turn up or down the volume just not fast forward to next song on my ipod.
Thanks to Snuffy1 for this: un-check presets for switching stations in setup.

Rax

Old 04-02-2014, 06:21 AM
SpikeJr
Stage II
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Radio keeps cutting out

Out for ride on my 2014 Trike yesterday and the Radio kept cutting in and out? I tried different local stations and same issue? I did apply the latest patch 2 weeks ago from HD.

Old 04-04-2014, 12:33 PM
rung
Novice
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just posted a problem somewhere in the trike forum, not sure where I am new. I had in the last 5 years 3 Harley Davidson ultra classics and loved them all. I am turning 65 today and a few weeks ago I purchased a 2014 Harley Tri Glide. I like it a lot. I ran into a problem the first time I have ridden it. I was going down a service road and around 40 MPH and I hit the rear brake and the next thing I new I was in the ditch. it was kind of like putting brakes on in the snow and how it just keeps going straight rather than turn. I dealer picked it up and road tested it and couldnt find anything. I would like to know if any of you had this expierence. I want to know if you think it could have been the fact that I have no experience riding a trike
Stumped in Illinois
Rich
Thanks in advance for your help. This is the first year for anti lock brakes?

Old 04-05-2014, 01:34 AM
Bucket list Trike
Cruiser
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

The first time I took my Trike out it pulled to the right but after I put some miles on it I have not noticed it happening again. No ice or snow in California,

Old 04-08-2014, 11:24 PM
MontanaTrikers
Intermediate

Hey guys, should be getting our 14 in the next couple weeks and was checking to see if anyone has put a lift kit on their trike yet. have one on our 13 but when we test rode the 14 it seemed to ride a lot better than our 13 did before we stuck the lift on. the dealer said they'll swap any and all of our extras and am almost tempted to have them not put the lift on the 14 when they pull them off the 13.

Old 04-09-2014, 09:21 PM
dare8601
Novice

MontanaTrikers, I had the lift kit put on a couple of weeks ago..wife and I went for a ride and woo hoo...didn't scrape pulling in the driveway..I asked to let out some air (12lbs) in the air shocks..I don't think they did..was very bumpy...

Old 04-09-2014, 10:24 PM
MontanaTrikers
Intermediate

I liked the lift on the 13, and since the dealer offered to swap all my goodies over for free I'll go ahead and have them swap my lift kit. Thanks

The following users liked this post:
Gbertg (09-06-2022)
Old 04-11-2014, 11:48 AM
scuba1954
Cruiser
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Just wanted to post to make sure if you got the recall letter for the filler neck on the coolant system to make sure and have it checked. My 14 trike was built 9/9/2013, I put 1200 miles on the trike with not loosing one drop of coolant. I live in Cincinnati and trailered the trike to florida in October and rode 4 days in 90 degrees and lost no coolant. I put the trike up for the winter and took it out for the first ride a month ago. Took a short 30 mile run, no coolant leaks. The next day it got to 77 degrees so I put about 120 miles on the trike and pulled in the garage. Got off the trike and headed for the door but before going in I happened to turn to look at the trike. Under the trike was coolant, not just a little but it dumped its entire reservoir. Looks like it came from the overflow tube. I had the recall letter and called HD. They said that over time those that did not leak probably would because the defect in the filler neck causes the neck to distort over time. So no leaking at first does not mean you are safe. Make sure and have HD check your system if you got the recall letter.

Old 04-22-2014, 05:18 AM
tgboy
Stage IV

Originally Posted by SpikeJr
Out for ride on my 2014 Trike yesterday and the Radio kept cutting in and out? I tried different local stations and same issue? I did apply the latest patch 2 weeks ago from HD.
Was your nav system on? Mine did the same thing when I was trying the nav system and had it set to go through the headset which i wasn't wearing.

Old 04-26-2014, 11:07 PM
MontanaTrikers
Intermediate

OK folks, just got our 2014 and have a question. it seems I have a bigger foot than the guy who came up with the new foot brake. it sits over my toe. last trike it was at the end of my toe. anybody knows of an adapter to lengthen the reach for the pedal?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Tri-Glide Issues-2014 Trikes And Newer Rushmore Trikes