Tri Glide, RG3 & Freewheeler Models Freewheeler, RG3 & Tri Glide Enthusiasts. Here is your section of the forum to discuss Harley's Trikes!

Myrtle Beach

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2014, 06:14 PM
plumberdoug
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Myrtle Beach

Anyone heading to Myrtle Beach for bike week ?

Old 03-27-2014, 04:02 AM
Fusionfool
Road Captain
Received 66 Likes on 53 Posts

Originally Posted by plumberdoug
Do you mean the Bike Week that was 03/07/14-03/16/14?
http://www.officialbikeweek.com/
or
this one: http://www.myrtlebeachbikeweek.com/events/
So what is really Bike week? Is it Bike Month, or Bike Spring? So many any more hard to keep up.

Last edited by Fusionfool; 03-27-2014 at 04:06 AM.
Old 03-27-2014, 04:50 AM
Noble Jim
Road Master
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default No More Myrtle Beach

Originally Posted by plumberdoug
My last trip to MB was two years ago. Just say no to MB, go to a rally that really wants you. MB does not. Even if I accidentally stumble into MB, I will spend my $ in North MB or Merrills Inlet or anywhere but MB. They hate bikers....get it? they hate bikers.
I'm riding to Thunder Beach in Panama City Beach this spring.

Old 03-27-2014, 06:27 AM
Bubba49
Road Master
Received 420 Likes on 138 Posts

Originally Posted by Noble Jim
My last trip to MB was two years ago. Just say no to MB, go to a rally that really wants you. MB does not. Even if I accidentally stumble into MB, I will spend my $ in North MB or Merrills Inlet or anywhere but MB. They hate bikers....get it? they hate bikers.
I'm riding to Thunder Beach in Panama City Beach this spring.
Amen to that! I was born and raised in S.C. And I won't step foot in MB. They are the most biker unfriendly city I've run across. They were the only city in S.C. to have a helmet law until the courts struck it down. And they have ordinances for loud pipes that are just plain ridiculous. At one time the cops were giving out tickets for anything louder than stock pipes. As a result of the aforementioned items, I won't spend one dime in MB. I go to Daytona instead, where they appreciate bikers and their money.

Bubba

Old 03-27-2014, 07:14 AM
FLTR2008TRIKE
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Bubba49
Amen to that! I was born and raised in S.C. And I won't step foot in MB. They are the most biker unfriendly city I've run across. They were the only city in S.C. to have a helmet law until the courts struck it down. And they have ordinances for loud pipes that are just plain ridiculous. At one time the cops were giving out tickets for anything louder than stock pipes. As a result of the aforementioned items, I won't spend one dime in MB. I go to Daytona instead, where they appreciate bikers and their money.

Bubba
You should specify its the City of Myrtle Beach, not the whole Grand Strand. Most people who don't know this associate all of the Grand Strand as Myrtle Beach.

Cherry Grove, City of North Myrtle Beach, Surfside Beach & Murrells Inlet were not involved with what the City of Myrtle Beach did and have had no helmet laws and welcome riders.

As far as noise police, its happening all over the country. Sadly there are those who cant ride with common sense with loud pipes. They have to be "Throttle Gaggers" all the time. This brings the cops out to hassle many riders

Last edited by FLTR2008TRIKE; 03-27-2014 at 07:18 AM.
Old 03-27-2014, 03:41 PM
Noble Jim
Road Master
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Myrtle Beach

Originally Posted by FLTR2008TRIKE
You should specify its the City of Myrtle Beach, not the whole Grand Strand. Most people who don't know this associate all of the Grand Strand as Myrtle Beach.

Cherry Grove, City of North Myrtle Beach, Surfside Beach & Murrells Inlet were not involved with what the City of Myrtle Beach did and have had no helmet laws and welcome riders.

As far as noise police, its happening all over the country. Sadly there are those who cant ride with common sense with loud pipes. They have to be "Throttle Gaggers" all the time. This brings the cops out to hassle many riders
I get what you're saying, its just too bad that MB screwed it up for the whole region.

Old 03-27-2014, 03:59 PM
SCJoe
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by FLTR2008TRIKE

THIS! I lived in the Surfside / Murrells Inlet area, and they do WANT you there. That's where all the fun is anyway. Don't listen to the haters...they tend to overreact and make blanket statements about the whole area.

Old 03-28-2014, 06:10 AM
Bubba49
Road Master
Received 420 Likes on 138 Posts

Originally Posted by SCJoe
THIS! I lived in the Surfside / Murrells Inlet area, and they do WANT you there. That's where all the fun is anyway. Don't listen to the haters...they tend to overreact and make blanket statements about the whole area.
Not a hater, just don't like the City of Myrtle Beach because of their policies. Until they started giving bikers crap I was going down there a few times a year. I agree with you on Surfside and Murrels Inlet and still frequent that area.

Bubba

Old 03-28-2014, 10:09 AM
Luzierg
Intermediate

I agree with the others about MB. If you go stay either north or south of the city. The area is very nice but the city hates bikers. They will make your stay very uncomfortable. The area north or south is for the biker crowd. In my opinion I would never go back.

Gary

Old 04-01-2014, 05:07 PM
Ironhorsepilot
Road Master

We are going this year, but we stay in North MB. We were going to Daytona, but emergency circumstances changed those plans. So MB it is…..Not a biggy! I am going for relaxation and the first vacation in two years….

Quick Reply: Myrtle Beach