Tri Glide, RG3 & Freewheeler Models Freewheeler, RG3 & Tri Glide Enthusiasts. Here is your section of the forum to discuss Harley's Trikes!

First ride wow

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2014, 12:30 PM
hapbob
Road Master
Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
Default First ride wow

First ride today. I am very surprised. I never rode a harley trike but I had rode a goldwing trike for a weekend few years back. This harley is very nice. Steers so much better than I thought, feels much lighter on front than did the goldwing . The power is ok and the muffler sound needs some work but not vital at this point. Suspension was fine and that to was better than I thought. I went 50 miles in 32 degree weather and it was enough for today. Very nice machine the shifting was smooth. The infotainment needs some learning. I need more time with the manual on that thing.
Don't be afraid the 2014 is a awesome machine.
Hap

Last edited by hapbob; 03-31-2014 at 04:25 AM.
Old 03-30-2014, 01:06 PM
DK Custom Products
Sponsor
Received 48 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by hapbob
First ride today. I am very surprised. I never rode a harley trike but I had rode a goldwing trike for a weekend few years back. This harley is very nice. Steers so much better than I thought, feels much lighter on front than did the goldwing . The power is ok and the muffler sound needs some work but not vital at this point. Suspension was fine and that to was better than I thought. I went 50 miles in 32 degree weather and it was enough for today. Very nice machine the shifting was smooth. The infotainment needs some leaning. I need more time with the manual on that thing.
Don't be afraid the 2014 is a awesome machine.
Hap
Sounds like you got a pretty nice ride!!!

Support@DKCustomProducts.com

Old 03-30-2014, 01:27 PM
screwball
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 100 Likes on 65 Posts

OUTSTANDING!!!! One of the few new riders that didn't come back from their first ride and bitch a blue streak about their trike. Another couple of weeks when the weather gets more agreeable you will see the REAL potential of that scoot. Get out there and see the sights, smell the roses, that is the perfect vehicle for it.

Old 03-30-2014, 07:51 PM
big kal
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

hey hap........feels good to be and out riding........my wife loves the trike.......this weekend she ask 3 times to go riding.......what can i say.......ride safe and have a blast........buy the way, i sold my sears jack.......thanks.....kal

Old 03-30-2014, 08:01 PM
TwinCooled
Banned
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Nice color choice! Enjoy your new ride!

Old 04-02-2014, 07:12 AM
Merri1
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Glad to see that you were finally able to get out on it. Hopefully the weather is going into Spring and staying there. It's time to start putting some miles on our trikes. Enjoy.

Old 04-02-2014, 12:30 PM
oldmsocko
Club Member
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Congrats on your new ride. M3 and I finished the work I was going to do last week-end and it is ready to go. You will learn to love it. I have had many problems with mine that I won't list as I don't want it to be considered bitching. I like my TG enough now that I wouldn't even consider getting rid of it. The MOCO has not made enough improvements to pry the money out of my pockets.

Last edited by oldmsocko; 04-02-2014 at 12:39 PM.
Old 04-02-2014, 09:32 PM
G Pa Jim
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Great to here you got out on the road!! Nice hearing positive feed back on the trike too. Still waiting on mine. Dealer says not till May 20 now. So much for the end of April. Keep us posted.

Old 04-03-2014, 12:31 AM
DaveLaBenne
Cruiser

I'm itching to get mine out of storage. Still to much road salt and fresh hot patch for me yet. It's too nice of a scoot to abuse it this early in the season.

Old 04-13-2014, 05:36 PM
CWDoc115
Outstanding HDF Member

Hap, Welcome to the brotherhood of the third wheel! You will find shortly that you have the most comfortable couch running down the interstate! My wife will not ride any of my 2 wheelers because she is so comfortable in the trike.
See you soon in the wind!

Quick Reply: First ride wow