Tri Glide, RG3 & Freewheeler Models Freewheeler, RG3 & Tri Glide Enthusiasts. Here is your section of the forum to discuss Harley's Trikes!

New 2014 tri glide

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2014, 07:38 PM
Bucket list Trike
Cruiser
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Same problem with under 25 miles on the Trike

I had the same experience. I was going around the neighbor hood and I applied the rear brake pedal about 20 miles an hour and I felt the Trike pull to the right. Wrote it up to the brake pads wearing in. Has not done it again.

I would take it up to a higher speed wear you can travel many yards in any direction and see what it does. Just throttle it up to about 40 mph, then start to apply the rear brakes and keep pushing it until the pads get warmed up and burn off anything on them. Then get on it again and put the clutch in and start to come to a fast stop, Do that a few times . If it travels straight you should be good to go. Good luck.
al

Old 04-05-2014, 11:19 PM
TwinCooled
Banned
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

No matter how violently it jerked, it's hard to see how he couldn't control it.

Exactly. I can't think of a situation upon braking at 40 mph that's gonna find me in a ditch.

Old 04-06-2014, 06:27 AM
msocko3
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 138 Likes on 120 Posts

I'm amazed at the number of people who use only the rear brakes, then they wonder why they only get 5 - 10,000 miles on a set of pads. Last year while wondering around Cherokee I was standing at a traffic light when a group of trike riders came to the light, every last one of them mashed the rear brake peddle and never touched the front. I've always gotten my best braking by using both the front and rear, I can make brake pads last for many miles.

Old 04-06-2014, 06:48 AM
rung
Novice
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi, Came to find out that it was a short between the seat and the handle bars LOL. That means me. I rode it home from the dealer and had no problems. I dont think it ever had anything to do with the brakes. I think the steering on a trike is very different. I was cautious when I left the dealer and paid good attention on the way home. I think it was just getting use to the steering. I am more confident now. In addition to what I told you the day I went on the ride was my first time riding the bike, and there were high winds that day. I am ok now and thanks to all of you for responding back to me. I really appreciate it
Richard

Old 04-06-2014, 07:01 AM
hapbob
Road Master
Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
Default I'm

I'm riding today
I only have 55 miles on this thing so riding today 45 degrees is best we've had in over a week.
I'll see if I have any pulling when brakes are applied.
Hap

Old 04-06-2014, 09:28 AM
Hard Ride
Road Captain
Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by msocko3
I'm amazed at the number of people who use only the rear brakes, then they wonder why they only get 5 - 10,000 miles on a set of pads. Last year while wondering around Cherokee I was standing at a traffic light when a group of trike riders came to the light, every last one of them mashed the rear brake peddle and never touched the front. I've always gotten my best braking by using both the front and rear, I can make brake pads last for many miles.
Have always used front and rear at the same time on two wheels...sure I will do the same on three wheels...with the 13 abs and now the linked breaks make it even better...btw hoping for a HD RG trike to come out with the new Road Glide.......

Old 04-06-2014, 11:48 AM
oldmsocko
Club Member
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Rode 2 wheels for many, many moons and front and rear braking is natural to me so it carried over to the trike.

Old 04-06-2014, 03:43 PM
msocko3
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 138 Likes on 120 Posts

Originally Posted by Hard Ride
Have always used front and rear at the same time on two wheels...sure I will do the same on three wheels...with the 13 abs and now the linked breaks make it even better...btw hoping for a HD RG trike to come out with the new Road Glide.......
If HD was smart they would offer up a RG trike, I think it would sell.

Old 04-06-2014, 04:19 PM
hapbob
Road Master
Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

We'll put 100 miles today and no problems. I continue to be impressed with every aspect of this bike. Go ride one...you will be to.
Hap

Old 04-08-2014, 04:55 PM
TwinCooled
Banned
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by oldmsocko
Rode 2 wheels for many, many moons and front and rear braking is natural to me so it carried over to the trike.

I have so many miles on two wheels it's just habit (using front and rear brakes). Also if I don't ride the trike for a couple weeks when I get back on it, it will take me some miles to feel totally comfortable again. Went out today for the first time of any signifigance in a couple weeks (100 mile round trip non stop) and I was probably 20 miles in before I really got in the groove with it (Twisties helped ). Next time out I will surpass 2000 miles on it.

Quick Reply: New 2014 tri glide