Tri Glide, RG3 & Freewheeler Models Freewheeler, RG3 & Tri Glide Enthusiasts. Here is your section of the forum to discuss Harley's Trikes!

1,000 miles with my TGlideStuff lift kit

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2014, 11:35 AM
TriGeezer
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 29,273 Likes on 11,143 Posts
Default 1,000 miles with my TGlideStuff lift kit

CRAP...I mistyped the subject! This review is for the lift kits from Dennis' "Tri Glide Stuff!!!"

...this topic is probably overdone. But, I thought it would be interesting to the add perspective of a previous naysayer.

Bottom line: put them on, you will be glad you did!!

Installation:
- follow the instructions exactly!. Otherwise you may have trouble getting the holes aligned.
- when you jack up the trike make sure you dont inadvertently jack the axel or the rear gear cover.

Previous concerns:
- I was previously a naysayer, because I was concerned by negatively impacting stability in cornering.
-- I have not found any degradation in handling or stability.

- trike looks better, and gone is the look of the dragging butt.
- allowed us to reduce shock pressure to 36 pounds for more 2 up comfort
- better bite with the front tire. I found this as a huge improvement in turns. Before adding the lifts, if I was taking an aggressive turn and rolled the throttle too soon the front tire would break loose. As long as I don't go crazy I can now accelerate out of turns earlier and harder without fear of the front tire braking loose.
- the trike has always behaved well at speed, so I really haven't noticed a difference on the freeways.
- the fabrication, and finish on the brackets is top notch!

Bottom line: I'm glad I made this improvement. The improvements are worth the $ even if you have to pay someone to install them for you.

Last edited by Mr. Wizard; 04-19-2014 at 07:51 AM. Reason: Changed to TriGlide stuff
Old 04-16-2014, 04:54 PM
msocko3
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 138 Likes on 120 Posts

Originally Posted by TriGeezer
Yeah...this topic is probably overdone. But, I thought it would be interesting to the add perspective of a previous naysayer.

Bottom line: put them on, you will be glad you did!!

Installation:
- follow the instructions exactly!. Otherwise you may have trouble getting the holes aligned.
- when you jack up the trike make sure you dont inadvertently jack the axel or the rear gear cover.

Previous concerns:
- I was previously a naysayer, because I was concerned by negatively impacting stability in cornering.
-- I have not found any degradation in handling or stability.

- trike looks better, and gone is the look of the dragging butt.
- allowed us to reduce shock pressure to 36 pounds for more 2 up comfort
- better bite with the front tire. I found this as a huge improvement in turns. Before adding the lifts, if I was taking an aggressive turn and rolled the throttle too soon the front tire would break loose. As long as I don't go crazy I can now accelerate out of turns earlier and harder without fear of the front tire braking loose.
- the trike has always behaved well at speed, so I really haven't noticed a difference on the freeways.
- the fabrication, and finish on the brackets is top notch!

Bottom line: I'm glad I made this improvement. The improvements are worth the $ even if you have to pay someone to install them for you.
I had about 20,000 miles on the Tglidestuff lifts on the 2010 Triglide I had, my dad has about 30,000 miles on his from Tglidestuff, best money we ever spent.

Old 04-16-2014, 06:42 PM
Raxus
Road Warrior
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Guys on a scale from 1 - 10 what would you say the difficulty of installing these are?

Thinking this might be a fun project for my son and I, as long as it's not too hard.

We just have basic tools.

Rax

Old 04-16-2014, 08:26 PM
Krautster
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I helped my buddy do his ... READ THE INSTR.. do both at the same time.. was easy and he just loves his..

Old 04-16-2014, 09:25 PM
DK Custom Products
Sponsor
Received 48 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by Raxus
Guys on a scale from 1 - 10 what would you say the difficulty of installing these are?

Thinking this might be a fun project for my son and I, as long as it's not too hard.

We just have basic tools.

Rax
If you would like to read over the instructions, feel free to email us and we will send you a copy of the Instructions.

To the OP, so happy that you are enjoying your lift!!

Support@DKCustomProducts.com

Old 04-16-2014, 10:40 PM
Raxus
Road Warrior
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by DK Custom Products
If you would like to read over the instructions, feel free to email us and we will send you a copy of the Instructions.

To the OP, so happy that you are enjoying your lift!!
Thanks but ordered from tGlide and they have instructions on their page

Rax

Old 04-17-2014, 04:57 AM
msocko3
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by Raxus
Thanks but ordered from tGlide and they have instructions on their page

Rax
If your mechanically inclined it will be a walk in the park, I've installed several sets.

Old 04-17-2014, 05:02 AM
hapbob
Road Master
Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
Default Report

Thanks for the update report...Sounds like they are a great addition. In fact I have a set sitting here on the bench...was kinda waiting to get some miles on mine before the install. So that I can tell if they are an improvement. Sounds like I don't have to wait!?
Hap

Old 04-17-2014, 05:04 AM
msocko3
Ultimate HDF Member

Yeah...this topic is probably overdone. But, I thought it would be interesting to the add perspective of a previous naysayer.
I'm kind of confused, this thread is DK lifts and in this quote below from the tire pressure thread you talk about having lifts from Dennis.

I am happy with 36-24-34. Yup, those are my favorite measurements. I have Dennis' lift kit and ride mostly two up. So, 36 in the shocks seems comfortable and rarely bottoms out. 24, in the front seems to give a bit more traction and less harshness. 34, in the rears is a bit more comfortable.
You know Dennis is tGLIDESTUFF.com and DK is DK Custom Products which is a different company. Which lifts are you running?

Old 04-17-2014, 05:43 AM
eighty80
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Mike, will you please STOP asking hard questions..........?

Quick Reply: 1,000 miles with my TGlideStuff lift kit