Tri Glide, RG3 & Freewheeler Models Freewheeler, RG3 & Tri Glide Enthusiasts. Here is your section of the forum to discuss Harley's Trikes!

Ongoing '14 Tri-Glide build-out, lots of pics, & thoughts on the differences

Old 09-04-2014, 12:22 PM
DK Custom
Platinum Sponsor
Received 3,930 Likes on 2,288 Posts

Originally Posted by coronetracer65
I purchased them from you when I bought the lift kit ! LOL. Thanks , Ebert
Give the shop a call or email...we rarely see a defective one, but it can happen.

We'll take care of it for you.

DKCustomProducts.com
Call/Text: 662-252-8828
Email: Support@DKCustomProducts.com

Old 09-04-2014, 07:09 PM
coronetracer65
Tourer
Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

Thanks Kevin email sent I hope !

Old 09-18-2014, 05:42 PM
DK Custom
Platinum Sponsor

One thing I thought I noticed on the 14 that was different than the 11...when hitting curves/sweepers aggressively the 11 would skip the front tire thru the curve.

The 14 did not do that, but I thought it might be because I had been riding it a bit more conservatively.

But recently I've been hitting the curves just as aggressively (or more so) on 14 as the 11, and it is not doing the skipping.

So that is another improvement...either due to the heavier forks, redesigned trees, improved internals, or probably all three.

I know that the skipping on the 11 was a big contributor to front tire wear. It will be interesting to see how much longer the front tire lasts on the 14.

Old 09-18-2014, 11:06 PM
TwinCooled
Banned
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by DK Custom
One thing I thought I noticed on the 14 that was different than the 11...when hitting curves/sweepers aggressively the 11 would skip the front tire thru the curve.

The 14 did not do that, but I thought it might be because I had been riding it a bit more conservatively.

But recently I've been hitting the curves just as aggressively (or more so) on 14 as the 11, and it is not doing the skipping.

So that is another improvement...either due to the heavier forks, redesigned trees, improved internals, or probably all three.

I know that the skipping on the 11 was a big contributor to front tire wear. It will be interesting to see how much longer the front tire lasts on the 14.

I have been running 36 psi in my front tire and at my 5000 mile service (yesterday at 5300 mi.) the service manager showed me uneven wear on my front tire. He recommended 40 psi. I'm going to take his advice and see what the difference is. I also am pretty aggressive when given the opportunity. I do think that the improvements made to the front end on the 14 and up models probably account for the change and the need to run a higher front tire psi. They also changed my rear psi from 22 to 24psi.
I made them put them back to 22.

Old 09-22-2014, 09:09 AM
Ribitt
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have been running 40 psi on the front tire,22 psi in rear since day one, which was in april for the 14 and with just over 6k the front tire still looks new. do not understand the short life of a front tire people are having.
ps. kevin love the comfort lift.

Ribitt

Old 09-22-2014, 09:50 AM
COFLHTK
Cruiser
Received 30 Likes on 20 Posts

I ride mine pretty aggressively through corners as well. On a recent trip one of my friends on a Ducati wasnt even able to keep up with me. But she did note that going through one of the corners it looked to her that I got the inside rear tire off the ground just barely. Never felt unstable to me though.

Old 09-22-2014, 05:11 PM
mwessel
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by COFLHTK
I ride mine pretty aggressively through corners as well. On a recent trip one of my friends on a Ducati wasnt even able to keep up with me. But she did note that going through one of the corners it looked to her that I got the inside rear tire off the ground just barely. Never felt unstable to me though.
Grabbed rubber a couple times on my inside doing the Dragon. You know you did because wifey will smack ya in the head.

Old 09-22-2014, 11:47 PM
sloufoot
Received 4,081 Likes on 3,483 Posts

Originally Posted by mwessel
Grabbed rubber a couple times on my inside doing the Dragon. You know you did because wifey will smack ya in the head.
Isn't it odd how they can do that so quick after they let go of the grab handles HA !

Old 09-23-2014, 02:06 AM
DK Custom
Platinum Sponsor

Originally Posted by Ribitt
I have been running 40 psi on the front tire,22 psi in rear since day one, which was in april for the 14 and with just over 6k the front tire still looks new. do not understand the short life of a front tire people are having.
ps. kevin love the comfort lift.

Ribitt

Cool, happy to hear you're enjoying it!

Re- front tire. It's all in how you ride and where you ride.

Summer before last I spent a long weekend in the Ozarks. Put a little less than 1000 miles on a new front tire. Almost every mile was pushing hard through tight turns, scrubbing rubber off the center of the front tire. In that short time I wore over 50% of the front tire off in less than 1,000 miles.

But I have also gotten over 15,000 miles out of a front tire...just normal riding, interstate and country roads, no pushing it hard thru the twistys.

Old 09-23-2014, 02:08 AM
DK Custom
Platinum Sponsor

This vid has 5 short (less than 1 minute) sound clips of different bikes exhaust. The last one on it is my 14 TG.

Really happy with the sound, it has a low rumble, with a bit of bite, & a nice lope.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Ongoing '14 Tri-Glide build-out, lots of pics, & thoughts on the differences