Tri Glide, RG3 & Freewheeler Models Freewheeler, RG3 & Tri Glide Enthusiasts. Here is your section of the forum to discuss Harley's Trikes!

Taller Bars Tri Glide

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2014, 07:09 AM
Mr. Wizard
Administrator
Received 2,035 Likes on 1,103 Posts

Originally Posted by Casper
Wiz, is this good info for 2014 TG or only 2013 and back?

Since the twist grip is the same.... I am assuming the wiring would be the same as this is a part not associated with the new infotainment system.

Old 10-20-2014, 07:18 AM
Casper
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 285 Likes on 189 Posts

Thanks Wiz....

Old 10-21-2014, 12:52 AM
MontanaTrikers
Intermediate
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

put 13 inch mini apes with a 37 inch tip to tip on our 14. needed both new cables. as far as I'm concerned it just added power steering to the trike. I can keep up with my two wheeler buddies on any corner with my wife on board. but then again I'm 6'6 at 300 lbs, but what a ride.

Old 10-23-2014, 05:45 PM
Bandit111
Tourer
Received 58 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by MontanaTrikers
put 13 inch mini apes with a 37 inch tip to tip on our 14. needed both new cables. as far as I'm concerned it just added power steering to the trike. I can keep up with my two wheeler buddies on any corner with my wife on board. but then again I'm 6'6 at 300 lbs, but what a ride.
Would u happen to have a pic of them ...? What Brand of Apes ..?

Thanks

Old 10-23-2014, 10:28 PM
bulkness
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by MontanaTrikers
I'M also interested in knowing what you used to get this completed. Thanks Tony

Old 11-01-2014, 06:31 AM
hapbob
Road Master
Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
Default BAr updates

Still wondering about taller bars on 2014 trike. I like the new bars I put on 2" reached bar. But would I like a 10 or 12 higher bar even more? Winter is coming and this would be a good project in the heated trike garage.
Some say need cables some say you don't? I am wondering if cables could be described with more detail.
Like clutch vs electrical vs brake.
There are more inputs on touring forum and I am guessing anything over there about a touring 2014 would be same for this trike?
Great season of riding the trike I am more than happy with it.
Hap

Old 11-01-2014, 08:37 AM
TennesseeJed
Tourer

I installed 12" bars on mine '14. @ the time, this was all that was offered for 'da new trikes as far as apes were concerned. These are HD apes. The dealer told me it has all to do with brake lines & how the braking system works. I am not happy @ all. I feel the wrist angle is to obtuse. I have 9000 mi riding these bars and my shoulders & wrists ached all yr. (uncle Art) A 14" or better yet, 16" prolly would offer a better angle and pullback, but the way the system brakes appears to be closely tied in with cable config.

Old 11-01-2014, 11:12 AM
Harley Don
5th Gear
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by TennesseeJed
I installed 12" bars on mine '14. @ the time, this was all that was offered for 'da new trikes as far as apes were concerned. These are HD apes. The dealer told me it has all to do with brake lines & how the braking system works. I am not happy @ all. I feel the wrist angle is to obtuse. I have 9000 mi riding these bars and my shoulders & wrists ached all yr. (uncle Art) A 14" or better yet, 16" prolly would offer a better angle and pullback, but the way the system brakes appears to be closely tied in with cable config.
I just had the Paul Yaffe 14 inch classic naggers added to my 2013 anniversary and really like them. On a recent 2,000 mile trip to Utah the only problem I had was my neck was killing me. This has taken care of the problem plus the steering has also been improved.

I did have to go extended brake, clutch, throttle and reverse lines so bit the bullet and used braided lines.

Well worth it for me.

Old 11-01-2014, 01:13 PM
TennesseeJed
Tourer

Originally Posted by Harley Don
I just had the Paul Yaffe 14 inch classic naggers added to my 2013 anniversary and really like them. On a recent 2,000 mile trip to Utah the only problem I had was my neck was killing me. This has taken care of the problem plus the steering has also been improved.

I did have to go extended brake, clutch, throttle and reverse lines so bit the bullet and used braided lines.

Well worth it for me.
I wish they would come up with sumthin' for the '14 tri-glides. 12" seems to be the limit.

Old 11-09-2014, 03:49 PM
Mr.Softy
Grand HDF Member

Received 1,199 Likes on 711 Posts

Originally Posted by Fusionfool
I have the La Chopper Twin Peak 10". Used all original cables, and wires, no extension required. I had a 2" gas tank lift from DK, and had to go to a 1 1/2 so the lower section of bars would clear tank. I like them and if had to do all over, would probably even go 12", but I am tall long arms. The 10" when I turn full turn, my outside arm is almost full extension.

Are these 1 1/4" bars? I think these are just what I need.

Quick Reply: Taller Bars Tri Glide