Tri Glide, RG3 & Freewheeler Models Freewheeler, RG3 & Tri Glide Enthusiasts. Here is your section of the forum to discuss Harley's Trikes!

2014 gps sucks!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2014, 07:22 PM
Bandit111
Tourer
Received 58 Likes on 30 Posts
Default volume on gps

Have GPS on , but can't find were to set it up for volume to here the GPS when it indicated were to turn ?

Old 08-01-2014, 09:28 AM
Casper
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 285 Likes on 189 Posts

Originally Posted by Bandit111
Have GPS on , but can't find were to set it up for volume to here the GPS when it indicated were to turn ?
Easiest why for me is as the GPS is speaking, raise or lower the volume of the GPS the same way as you would your radio. You can do the same with CB radio

Old 08-02-2014, 07:30 AM
TrapshooterBob
Cruiser
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

or .... you adjust the Prompt Volume in setup menu.

I do it on the fly like Casper.

Bob

Old 08-02-2014, 08:24 AM
MCHOGG
Road Captain
Received 36 Likes on 33 Posts

I have had my 2014 Trike for a little over a month.
I have used 2 different Garmin's, H-D GPS is different.
The Boom Box does have a learning cure that requires you to learn different procedures than you may be use to. I have read and reread the Owners Manual as well as watched the videos on http://boombox.harley-davidson.com I am slowly learn how to live with it.

Last edited by MCHOGG; 08-02-2014 at 08:29 AM.
Old 08-20-2014, 09:58 PM
Strazzman
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SquirtGun
Anyone who says the GPS and Bluetooth on the 2014's are good...Are not electronically inclined. Those folks who use technology to their limits will tell you that this was a grave error on HD's part. This is one of many threads regarding the GPS...I hope all of you are dropping a dime to let HD know that we are not pleased. I'm hoping for a new software version soon....like they say in Maine....You can't get there from herrrre...Sounds like my GPS
Squirtgun you are absolutely correct, if anyone thinks the HD GPS is great, then they have never used one in the past. To start with, my Garmin 660 had something like a 50 page user manual. The HD manual has about 9 pages regarding setup and instructions on using the GPS. A good place for them to start would have been with a manual that is more specific in the operation of the GPS. I wouldn't even know where to start as far as covering the things that are wrong with this unit, nor do I want to spend the time discussing it. I can simply summarize by saying that I hate it. Unfortunately I sold my Garmin, but I will buy another to replace this piece of crap. I have about 8K miles on this one so I've had an opportunity to use it. Harley Davidson...shame on you. I'm very disappointed that I paid this kind of money for a bike and still have to buy another GPS. I've got a few other bones regarding this '14 trike (rims).....this could be my last HD and I've bought 3 new ones in the last 7 years. Huge disappointment!

Old 08-20-2014, 11:28 PM
TwinCooled
Banned
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Strazzman
Squirtgun you are absolutely correct, if anyone thinks the HD GPS is great, then they have never used one in the past. To start with, my Garmin 660 had something like a 50 page user manual. The HD manual has about 9 pages regarding setup and instructions on using the GPS. A good place for them to start would have been with a manual that is more specific in the operation of the GPS. I wouldn't even know where to start as far as covering the things that are wrong with this unit, nor do I want to spend the time discussing it. I can simply summarize by saying that I hate it. Unfortunately I sold my Garmin, but I will buy another to replace this piece of crap. I have about 8K miles on this one so I've had an opportunity to use it. Harley Davidson...shame on you. I'm very disappointed that I paid this kind of money for a bike and still have to buy another GPS. I've got a few other bones regarding this '14 trike (rims).....this could be my last HD and I've bought 3 new ones in the last 7 years. Huge disappointment!

Life is hard and full of disappointments. Sorry to see you get so upset about something that should just be fun. I'd be interested to learn what you do for a living that you are so good at that you never disappoint anyone. You are so disappointed with the 6.5 Boom that you may never buy another HD? Let's discuss it, yeah? Or no? Maybe your next bike will be one made by a snowmobile company? Shame on Harley? LMFAO.

Old 08-21-2014, 12:27 AM
RAP
Road Master
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by TwinCooled
Life is hard and full of disappointments. Sorry to see you get so upset about something that should just be fun. I'd be interested to learn what you do for a living that you are so good at that you never disappoint anyone. You are so disappointed with the 6.5 Boom that you may never buy another HD? Let's discuss it, yeah? Or no? Maybe your next bike will be one made by a snowmobile company? Shame on Harley? LMFAO.
Well, first of all I have to agree with TwinCooled on this one. I never thought I would see the day where a person would buy or not buy a new Harley because of the GPS, Bluetooth, etc. I guess I am just old fashioned, but I still like reading a roadmap. I throw the cell phone in the Tour Pak and check for calls when we stop for a break or gas. I do plan on maybe getting a 2015 or 2016 Tri Glide down the road, but it sure as heck won't be because how fancy the radio, Gps, Bluetooth,etc is.

Old 08-21-2014, 12:56 AM
Mozvader
Extreme HDF Member
Received 1,184 Likes on 849 Posts

I haven't had any issues with my Navigation system at all. I love it so far.

Old 08-21-2014, 07:30 AM
TrapshooterBob
Cruiser
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Mozvader
I haven't had any issues with my Navigation system at all. I love it so far.
With 3250 miles on Roxy .... I agree. The GPS works great. There was a learning curve .... like figuring out the red end of the compass needle was pointing in the direction you were traveling and not realy a compass pointing North. LOL
Finding the "STOP" navigation took some forum help . The day time visibility is awesome. It gets me where I need to go.

HDB0B

Old 08-21-2014, 02:48 PM
CaCruizin
Tourer
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I am getting better at using it but I find it hard to use an abc rather than a qwerty keyboard... I wish I could change it. It's the same with my Garmin Zumo, they are the only keyboards I use with an abc keyboard and I find them annoying!

Quick Reply: 2014 gps sucks!!!