Tri Glide, RG3 & Freewheeler Models Freewheeler, RG3 & Tri Glide Enthusiasts. Here is your section of the forum to discuss Harley's Trikes!

2014 gps sucks!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2014, 06:46 AM
billnourse
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 41 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by screwball
You know what, you are absolutely right. Think I'll go join Mike Jr. and Sr. and the others who got tired here. I'm just not up to reading another couple of hundred posts comparing fans. Just time to hibernate for a while.
Why leave?? Just don't read the stuff you are not interested in. Works for me.

Bill

Old 08-24-2014, 08:37 AM
Casper
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 285 Likes on 189 Posts

Well Bill, you and I are on other motorcycle boards. Can you honestly say that the bulk of posts here are negative?? When I moved here from the 2 wheel forums I posted pictures of trips and rides we have gone on and get very few responses. Post that your GPS sucks, breaks are bad, or you get a 'funny sound' and you get 4 pages offering their "opinion" of what a POS you and their Harleys are. Gets kind of old. I may be a drum beater for Harley, BUT this is a HARLEY TRIKE category. I simply say, if you are so dissatisfied with your Harley, sell the damn thing before you get an ulcer and buy something else, just don't hang around here and fat mouth the Harley you don't own anymore. How many people have to post that their GPS, or breaks, or God knows what else is bad before the point is made. The breaks on my Lincoln are a 100 times better than my trike, but my trike isn't a Lincoln. My trike doesn't steer like my Ultra did, doesn't ride as nicely or accelerate as quickly, but how many times do you have to beat a dead horse.
Your statement that this is a Harley Trike category, is that why you posted pictures of you and the wife riding seedoos?
Ya can't have it both ways...

Last edited by Casper; 08-24-2014 at 08:48 AM.
Old 08-24-2014, 08:46 AM
Casper
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 285 Likes on 189 Posts

Buy what you want, say what you want, do what you want.

Can't help but notice, but you don't have any pictures of a Harley trike in your bio. I think that is a Wing conversion in your pictures.

Maybe i'm just old and senile but I can think of a few members here that sold their trikes.... Young Mike comes to mind quickly. Old Mike has said several times this is his last Harley. Oh well I guess I should lock step with the 'majority' on this board and just bitch
You're right, I need to update my pictures, don't own any of the pictured vehicles except the 13 white ultra...I'll correct that.
As for the wing, I'm not a Johnny come lately, on my 36th Harley and lost count of the others I've had, also we've had four wing trikes and a 2010 TG....
But that matters not....ride what every you like, like what you like...
And state what you think needs improvement or doesn't work, be it HD or aftermarket parts...I'd like to know before I spend my money...
Oh, and I really don't care if you post pictures of your Seedoos...or any vehicles you're having fun with, even if this is a Harley Trike section....

Old 08-27-2014, 07:55 AM
Postal Trucker
Cruiser
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Picked up my new '14 last night (traded in my '12) and set home address. Didn't like the default setting on the GPS, way too confusing have the north setting pointing up, found in the setting the direction up and this will be much more like my Garmin.

Will be playing around more the next couple of days to get used to it. I do a lot of PGR missions and need to use the GPS frequently.