Tri Glide, RG3 & Freewheeler Models Freewheeler, RG3 & Tri Glide Enthusiasts. Here is your section of the forum to discuss Harley's Trikes!

Making the Change (Possibly)

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2014, 09:20 AM
DK Custom
Platinum Sponsor
Received 3,941 Likes on 2,296 Posts

Originally Posted by Mr. Wizard
Kevin

Could you go more in depth with this comment please?

Thx
Hey Wiz, I know you are very pro TTS and have no desire to get in a debate with you about it. Plus I am leaving in an hour for a 5 day ride.

To answer your question quickly-

For me:

The ability to do quick tunes on the bike, no computer needed

The ability to do "auto tunes" on the bike, no computer needed

The ability to use the PV as a gauge cluster on the bike

Are all things that make it more versatile and easy to use for me than the TTS.

Have a Great week!

DKCustomProducts.com
Call/Text: 662-252-8828
Email: Support@DKCustomProducts.com

Old 07-16-2014, 09:34 AM
Mr. Wizard
Administrator
Received 2,035 Likes on 1,103 Posts

No debate here Kev and no evil intentions either.

I was hoping and willing to help everyone understand more about the TTS so others wouldn't propagate misinformation. Thanks for following up.

Have a good trip.

Old 07-16-2014, 08:59 PM
Casper
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 285 Likes on 189 Posts

I was at my local dealer today, was talking to the parts counter and mention I like the sound of a set of Monster Rounds I had heard on a 2014 TG, with stock exhaust ( cat still in place) and stated I hope they are not to loud with a FullSac exhaust header. I also mention that I was going to use a Arlan Ness air breather and a TTS tuner. The parts guy says " be careful with the TTS that the TTS locks Harley out the ECM and they can't do any updates..also states that ask the service shop, they have to replace several ECM units due to TTS..he further says if I go with a tuner to use the Super Tuner....
.now, I take what most parts people say with a grain of salt...most dont know the head from their backside....
So I'll ask here.
1. Wiz, any truth to this BS...?
2. He also stated that the TTS was a piggy back nit and stayed on the bike, I say BS...Wiz?
3. I never heard much good about the Super Tuner...

OK, I'm open to any advice or insight to the TTS tuner and the PV5

Old 07-16-2014, 09:32 PM
Mr. Wizard
Administrator

Originally Posted by Casper
I was at my local dealer today, was talking to the parts counter and mention I like the sound of a set of Monster Rounds I had heard on a 2014 TG, with stock exhaust ( cat still in place) and stated I hope they are not to loud with a FullSac exhaust header. I also mention that I was going to use a Arlan Ness air breather and a TTS tuner. The parts guy says " be careful with the TTS that the TTS locks Harley out the ECM and they can't do any updates..also states that ask the service shop, they have to replace several ECM units due to TTS..he further says if I go with a tuner to use the Super Tuner....
.now, I take what most parts people say with a grain of salt...most dont know the head from their backside....
So I'll ask here.
1. Wiz, any truth to this BS...?
2. He also stated that the TTS was a piggy back nit and stayed on the bike, I say BS...Wiz?
3. I never heard much good about the Super Tuner...

OK, I'm open to any advice or insight to the TTS tuner and the PV5
If is walks, talks and smells like BS... what is it?

Fact: in the history of TTS there has never been an ECM damaged by the use of a TTS. The only 'real' reason why 'their' shop would replace the ECM would be they can't read it with the Digital Technician with the most recent TTS software designed to keep their fat fingers out of it so as not to muck it up in the first place.

Oh.. check out the S&S AC. The difference in the AN and S&S isn't much but the mounting material and venturi cone is top notch in my book.

Old 07-16-2014, 10:42 PM
TwinCooled
Banned
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Mr. Wizard
If is walks, talks and smells like BS... what is it?

Fact: in the history of TTS there has never been an ECM damaged by the use of a TTS. The only 'real' reason why 'their' shop would replace the ECM would be they can't read it with the Digital Technician with the most recent TTS software designed to keep their fat fingers out of it so as not to muck it up in the first place.

Oh.. check out the S&S AC. The difference in the AN and S&S isn't much but the mounting material and venturi cone is top notch in my book.

The only 'real' reason why 'their' shop would replace the ECM would be they can't read it with the Digital Technician with the most recent TTS software designed to keep their fat fingers out of it so as not to muck it up in the first place.

I know Wiz has stated that he has no financial interest in TTS (ok), I take his word for it. He does however take every opportunity to tout it.?

A word of caution...with anything other than an HD download you are risking having engine warranty claims denied. That includes the SEST.

Old 07-17-2014, 12:14 AM
msocko3
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 138 Likes on 120 Posts

Originally Posted by TwinCooled
The only 'real' reason why 'their' shop would replace the ECM would be they can't read it with the Digital Technician with the most recent TTS software designed to keep their fat fingers out of it so as not to muck it up in the first place.

I know Wiz has stated that he has no financial interest in TTS (ok), I take his word for it. He does however take every opportunity to tout it.?
I know Wiz quite well, when he says he has no financial interest you can take that to the bank. You couldn't find a more honest person, I'd give him the keys to my home and not have a 2nd thought about it. I also tout the TTS, I've used it on several bikes and find it does everything I want and more when it comes to developing a tune.

Old 07-17-2014, 06:31 AM
Casper
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 285 Likes on 189 Posts

Twin cool, I know it'll void the warranty, but to tell you the truth, I'm so sick and tired of hearing " it'll void the warranty" ( not from you) I could puke!
If I install a trailer hitch for my Bushtec...bam! Void warranty..
If I change the exhaust...bam void warranty.
If i retune the motor, bam void warranty...
To me Harley is saying of I don't buy all their stuff and have their monkeys install it all, I'll void my warranty...

Although, I wil, say this, the 14 trike does seam to run stronger than my 2013 UC and way better than my 2010 TG...I may, just may replace the mufflers and leave the rest alone...maybe...but I doubt it

I did receive my trike extensions for the FullSac header...I'm sure I can recoup my investment there....

Old 07-17-2014, 07:26 AM
Mr. Wizard
Administrator

Me get paid by TTS? Don't care who you are, that's funny right there.

This role, being a Moderator for HDF that the members of the Trike area requested that I do, puts me in a tight spot. I'm restricted from saying more than you think, I must be here monitoring the site during my free time and like TTS pays me nothing for my time nor have the 100's of people that I've helped all over the world tune or repair their bikes. All that is fine and I'm not bitching. Glad to help and enjoy the opportunity to assist.

Here's the scoop...

When I believe in a product I tout it because I research a product, learn how to use it and understand every facet I can before I buy it THEN recommend it. This tight spot I speak of is that I can't speak my mind about other products especially when a Sponsor sells the product here. If not for these constraints I would speak about other products with the same vigor attaching a HUGE warning label on them "Buyer Beware".

@TwinCooled. You've had a simmering bone to pick with me ever since our last little conversation behind the scenes. I've let you be and dropped our conversation like a hot rock. That priority level was zero and still is. Poking your nose in my business will reveal nothing as there is nothing that isn't above board. Go pick bones with someone who actually gives a **** or just have your name changed again... I dont care.

@ Casper... Well said.

@ M3... Send the key, I'll be there.

Last edited by Mr. Wizard; 07-17-2014 at 07:29 AM.
Old 07-17-2014, 08:27 AM
Lilman
Road Captain
Received 23 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Casper
To me Harley is saying of I don't buy all their stuff and have their monkeys install it all, I'll void my warranty.....
Absolutely!

The sales chick at our closest Harley dealer told me on Sunday afternoon, "You can't change anything except with Harley parts"; "Exhaust, performance, you can't even install aftermarket lights or they will screw up the BCM (Bike Control Module) and void the warranty"

Bad as I wanted to tell her what I thought, I bit my tongue and thought in the back of my mind, yea, right, just watch me!

Far cry from my younger years when I would go into the local shop and the owner would TEACH me how to work on my own bike for helping him clean up the shop.

I love my Harley but I'm beginning to think Harley wants buyers who will take them back to the dealer for seasonal air changes in the tires!

Old 07-17-2014, 09:05 AM
TwinCooled
Banned
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

To understand why the MOCO does what it does, you need to look no further than the constant and heavy pressure they get from the EPA.

Quick Reply: Making the Change (Possibly)