Tri Glide, RG3 & Freewheeler Models Freewheeler, RG3 & Tri Glide Enthusiasts. Here is your section of the forum to discuss Harley's Trikes!

What's happening to me?!?!?

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2014, 11:32 PM
RAP
Road Master
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by oldmsocko
That is all the matter of opinion. The last motorcycle that I consider to be a well build Harley Davidson MC is MY 2006. They have done nothing but cheapen them and under designed them. But the key to the whole drama is they have increased their prices.
Well, if the 2006 MY was the best built and you would like one, you're in luck!! There is a bunch of them out there that were traded for the new 2014s.

Old 07-21-2014, 12:23 PM
DK Custom
Platinum Sponsor
Received 3,939 Likes on 2,294 Posts

Originally Posted by screwball
Kevin, we must be living parallel lives. Bought my first street motorcycle in 1962 when I turned 16. Triumph Thunderbird. I've been on 2 wheels ever since. First Harley was a 1970 Iron Head I bought when I left the Air Force. Then came 2 softails, a Dyna, Electra Glide Standard, then the trikes. Until 2008 I had never ridden a motorcycle with a windshield. Hell, my first Springer didn't have a front break, had a suicide shift and clutch pedal. Really didn't want to have to stop on a hill. The E-Glide showed me the softer side of riding. Radio, cruise, soft suspension.... all the goodies. We now have an '09 Tri-Glide and an 11 Tri-Glide. The '09 will probably go away later this year for a 14 or 15. This won't be my last Harley, I haven't seen or ridden anything better. I love to listen to the complaints here "My GPS won't scratch my itch at 80 mph" 2/3s of the questions I read here could be answered IF the new owner just glanced at the owners manual or the quick start guide. Off my soap box.
Hey Steve, talking about parallel...my guess is that you also used to use newspaper between you and your pants and under your jacket to cut the wind. I know I did that for years. Used trash bags as "rain gear" too. I was perfectly happy just to be riding!

Dunno what's happened...guess I'm getting old.

It was weird these last 5 days...I really enjoyed the lady in the box telling me where to turn (and Mary enjoyed the ride more too, not having to be looking at a map while riding down the road), but at the same time I was realizing that if I had to run that route again I would not remember which turns to make...is this part of the dumbing down process...takes the thinking out of the equation?

Anyway, I enjoyed it, and yeah, I also enjoyed some tunes from the little MP3 I had hooked up in the dash. When I get on the bike to wander, discovering new roads, no GPS for me. When I got somewhere to get to, and not sure how to get there, I reckon I'll continue using it.

Originally Posted by Uncle Larry
Kevin, please say it ain't so ... Technology has claimed another victim ... Be careful. Next thing you know you'll have a heated seat :>)
ROFLMAO

I've made too many changes to say no...but I sorta doubt that. lol

Next year Devin and I are planning on doing a couple of builds...at least one will be a carbed bike with as few wires as possible!

I'm not totally lost! Here's a vid from last summer when I was the low-tech ride in a sea of baggers.

DKCustomProducts.com
Call/Text: 662-252-8828
Email: Support@DKCustomProducts.com

Old 07-25-2014, 04:49 AM
msocko3
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 138 Likes on 120 Posts

Originally Posted by TwinCooled
Neither you nor your son have any ownership experience of a 2014 HD product. Enough said.? I mean really??
Nor will I, once around that block was enough. I vote with my wallet, if I get a good product and good service I'll be back, bad product and **** poor service and I'm gone and won't be back. Keep on drinking the Kool Aid.

Old 07-25-2014, 05:05 AM
heritageblue2013
Grand HDF Member
Received 557 Likes on 308 Posts

Having GPS and Bluetooth and what not on any vehicle is still a distraction while in motion.

Old 07-26-2014, 01:35 PM
DK Custom
Platinum Sponsor

Originally Posted by heritageblue2013
Having GPS and Bluetooth and what not on any vehicle is still a distraction while in motion.
Dunno about bluetooth...never used it.

The GPS can certainly be a distraction...my experience was that it was Less of a distraction than Mary reading a paper print-out and then telling me which way to turn.

Old 07-26-2014, 04:13 PM
Krautster
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Kevin, I give you alotta credit for rideing that Sporty all that way..

Old 07-26-2014, 05:23 PM
DK Custom
Platinum Sponsor

Originally Posted by Krautster
Kevin, I give you alotta credit for rideing that Sporty all that way..
Hey Kraut,

The Sporty is a lot of fun. Just got back from a 100 mile ride on it...had to pick up a few things and I kept taking "wrong turns" on the country roads to extend the ride.

Old 07-26-2014, 11:34 PM
TwinCooled
Banned
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by msocko3
Nor will I, once around that block was enough. I vote with my wallet, if I get a good product and good service I'll be back, bad product and **** poor service and I'm gone and won't be back. Keep on drinking the Kool Aid.

Your choice and I have no problem with it. I'll keep drinking the Kool Aid while you ride your Honda. You won't even be an after thought but I'll still wave at you if I see you out on the road.
Since you vote with your wallet, I can only assume you intend to keep your HanniganHonda. Try trading it in on a Harley, let me know how that works out for you.

Old 07-27-2014, 05:16 AM
msocko3
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 138 Likes on 120 Posts

Originally Posted by TwinCooled
Since you vote with your wallet, I can only assume you intend to keep your HanniganHonda. Try trading it in on a Harley, let me know how that works out for you.
Yes I'll be keeping my present trike, FWIW guys who are looking for triked Wings are finding they hold their value just fine. Another thought, don't forget there are dealers who sell Harley and other make bikes. I rented a Wing from a Harley/Honda dealer, they know the value of both and will take trades of both so it would work out just fine for me.

I think I've had about enough of this section of this forum, it isn't what it used to be when I started on the ground floor. As a parting thought, if you would ever get the ambition and skills to actually work on your ride instead of paying someone else to get their hands dirty, you will maybe see and understand how cheap things have truly been made.

Old 07-27-2014, 12:19 PM
sprinkman
Cruiser
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by msocko3
Yes I'll be keeping my present trike, FWIW guys who are looking for triked Wings are finding they hold their value just fine. Another thought, don't forget there are dealers who sell Harley and other make bikes. I rented a Wing from a Harley/Honda dealer, they know the value of both and will take trades of both so it would work out just fine for me.

I think I've had about enough of this section of this forum, it isn't what it used to be when I started on the ground floor. As a parting thought, if you would ever get the ambition and skills to actually work on your ride instead of paying someone else to get their hands dirty, you will maybe see and understand how cheap things have truly been made.

Mike, Look around I thing everthing you buy has been cheapened and there prices are higher also bought any Levi's lately.

Quick Reply: What's happening to me?!?!?