Tri Glide, RG3 & Freewheeler Models Freewheeler, RG3 & Tri Glide Enthusiasts. Here is your section of the forum to discuss Harley's Trikes!

What's happening to me?!?!?

Old 07-27-2014, 01:01 PM
Raxus
Road Warrior
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Can we drop all this crap? Please? All the folks on this board have opinions, I get that. Can we just move on. Everyone here contributes, some more than others and you all know who you are. Would really hate to see folks leave this great forum because of an argument over something so silly. Please..let's just move on.

Rax

Old 07-27-2014, 01:56 PM
Hard Ride
Road Captain
Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by msocko3
Nor will I, once around that block was enough. I vote with my wallet, if I get a good product and good service I'll be back, bad product and **** poor service and I'm gone and won't be back. Keep on drinking the Kool Aid.

I know just what you mean...I ride a 13 King loaded and am wanting a 15 Tri but am afraid of the harsh ride and the gps info center...was over at trike talk and got a quick peek at the new flh kit for the Harley...wanted a hannigan before but now maybe even more...each his own but if it had been me your 06 brandywine 120 would have been a hannigan...I know you must like the ride of the hannigan wing...

Old 07-27-2014, 02:18 PM
Casper
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 285 Likes on 189 Posts

Originally Posted by Raxus
Can we drop all this crap? Please? All the folks on this board have opinions, I get that. Can we just move on. Everyone here contributes, some more than others and you all know who you are. Would really hate to see folks leave this great forum because of an argument over something so silly. Please..let's just move on.

Rax
I could not agree more!

Old 07-28-2014, 07:21 AM
oldmsocko
Club Member
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I agree with M3. We were part of the ground floor which got the Triglide section started and since then there are folks that are so arrogant they stroll down LOVERS LANE THEMSELF. I know I will not be missed so I will not be visiting this section of the board anymore. Have nice day folks. It has been fun in the past but not anymore. It even troubles me even more when someone berates the Moderator in the open forum and they are not banned. It would have been better in a PM.

Last edited by oldmsocko; 07-28-2014 at 07:23 AM.
Old 07-28-2014, 07:26 AM
oldmsocko
Club Member
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by TwinCooled
Opinions are great aren't they? They mean even more when you actually have knowledge and experience of what you offer your opinion on. Neither you nor your son have any ownership experience of a 2014 HD product. Enough said.? I mean really??

Nor will I ever own one. I don't drink Kool Aid.

Old 07-28-2014, 08:25 AM
eighty80
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

OldMSocko,
You and your son Mike have been a wealth of information for me!!

It IS too bad that it has come to this, but I understand why you have to make this choice. I don't blame you guys at all.

Lucky for me you guys are only a phone call away, but geeze, get your road fixed.

I will miss both of ya.

Later, George.

Old 07-28-2014, 08:33 AM
billnourse
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 40 Likes on 33 Posts

Hope you stick around for PM's so that those of us that recognize the need for good, reliable info based on knowledge and experience can still have a place to go.

Bill

Old 07-28-2014, 09:30 AM
MB1953
Cruiser
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by eighty80
OldMSocko,
You and your son Mike have been a wealth of information for me!!
As a relative newcomer here, I try to learn from everything I read (making up for lost time!) but I am surprised and confused seeing the public bashing that comes and goes. Aren't we all here because we enjoy riding our iron of choice? You and M3 have both helped me (indirectly) a lot in keeping it going... being originally from just across the border from you (PA) I know about the roads there. Live in FL now but plan to be making the trip up in the near future, just not in December!

I will miss seeing your posts here...

Ride safe, ride often.

Old 07-28-2014, 03:09 PM
Casper
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 285 Likes on 189 Posts

Well that stinks! I'll miss your posts and information...

Old 07-28-2014, 03:21 PM
RAP
Road Master
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by DK Custom
I've been riding for close to 50 years.

As recently as 8 years ago-

I would have never thought I would own an EFI bike.

I would have never thought I would use Cruise Control

Even 3 years ago I told Mary I don't need any heated gear

Now, I own 3 EFI bikes, love using cruise control, and wonder why I didn't get heated gear years ago!

Fast forward to Today-

As of yesterday I had never used GPS in my life. (I have seen my Mary use it)

Today, I had a print out of the map and instructions for our ride (5 states and 480 miles, with lots of turns on secondary roads) This is my normal way of navigating ever since I can remember (of course, they used to be photocopies or notes on scrap paper).

I had read on the forum that the HD GPS was not good for trips with multiple stops, but was ok for navigating from one stop to the next.

So I pushed that button and entered in the city where I anticipated my first gas stop to be....ended up doing that at each of the gas stops for the entire day.

WOWOWOW! I like it!

So much better than stopping to look at the map, or Mary trying to read it at 60 mph and then try and tell me what the next turn should be.

It may not be a good system when compared to others...but it did me good today and I plan on continuing to use it!

Oh, and one town we were in...we rode thru the whole town and did not see a single gas station...so I pulled over and did the POI thing...it then guided me to the gas station of my choice, 1.4 miles away.

Also used it to find a Super 8 when we decided to stop for the day.

If I did not still enjoy riding my sporty, scraping the pegs, pulling wheelies, doing burn-outs, doing powerslides, and generally tearing around, I would be pretty worried about myself. lol
Good post Kevin, and how true it is. It took a while for me to warm up to some of the new gadgets and what nots that is on these newer bikes/trikes. But once you get use to them, you don't want to be without them.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: What's happening to me?!?!?